Cheburek - it sounds proud! This is not a big fried dumpling, as some believe. Cheburek is the highest line in the culinary table of ranks when it comes to unleavened dough! The best dough recipe for chebureks should be kept as a family heirloom! And now you will have the opportunity to choose the most worthy of them for entering your home cooking in the red book.
Ode to Cheburek!
Once - and not at all so long ago - pasties in our country were considered to be all-Soviet folk food. The Crimean Tatars invented this culinary masterpiece, but the idea was quickly carried away throughout the USSR. And these inter-ethnic folk pasties in those times were correct.
And - just imagine! - nothing unexpected happened inside them either. And there was no need to guess in which corner a piece of minced meat was hidden, intended for dumplings. The filling, as it should be, was the size of a cheburek itself.
They were sold at every corner in institutions with the uncomplicated name "Home Cooking". Under a glass of hot cocoa with a muddy unappetizing foam. And if you got into a cafe with a calling sign “Cheburechnaya” for a starving passer-by, you would get a delightful moon-sized pebbler. On a platter with a blue border.
This is not some kind of anti-Soviet hamburger, dubious shawarma, or, sorry for the expression, synnabon. This is a proud and inflexible cheburek! It is fragrant and crisp! He is bumpy and juicy! He sprinkles juice right on your pants! And you forgive him everything for its richness and deliciousness ...
Where do the right chebureks serve today?
In our troubled capitalist time - exclusively at home. From the right dough and with real meat instead of dubious fastfood stuffing. And what is the right tasty dough for pasties?
There are many recipes for pasties dough. Everyone wants to add something of his own. Who sour cream who boiling, and some vodka. Or, at worst, beer. You can go along the simplest and fastest “dumpling” path and get the same uncomplicated result. We will not even talk about this. And we will tell you how to prepare a pastry for pasties, worthy of admiration. And you choose yourself.
The secret of this recipe is ordinary boiling water. Why with a cry - yes because it will be hot. But all your homeworkers will know for sure: if mom kneads the dough and screams, it means that there will soon be delicious chebureks in the house.
In fact, you can wait until the choux pastry dough cools down a bit, but then it will turn out less elastic. Hands this hot batch does not hurt, even more so - the skin after such a procedure becomes delightfully smooth and supple. But, of course, culinary fanaticism must be healthy.
Secret: you can use a food processor. He is not hot.
Ingredients for the dough:
- 150 ml of water;
- 1 egg;
- 1 tbsp. l vegetable oil;
- 1 tsp. no top salt;
- 450 g of flour.
Ingredients for the filling:
- 200 g pork pulp with fat;
- 200 grams of beef pulp;
- 2 onions;
- 50 ml of broth;
- 50 g sour cream;
- salt pepper.
- Pour water into a thick-walled pot, salt it and add oil. Boil.
- As soon as the water boils, reduce the fire, pour into the boiling water an incomplete glass of flour (take from the total). Stir vigorously. The film formed at the bottom of the pan will inform you that the dough has brewed and can be removed from the fire.
- Beat the egg, stir vigorously again. The egg must be quickly and completely mixed into the flour so that it does not have time to boil with white lumps.
- Add portions of flour, knead the elastic dough. If it is very hot, you can wait a bit.
- You will have an obedient, soft dough that will be very easy to roll.
- Cover the ready-made choux pastry dough with film and prepare the filling. During this time it will be completely ready.
- Meat can be scrolled through a meat grinder, but it is better to chop with a knife.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. If the meat broth is not, it can be replaced with milk. Instead of sour cream it is permissible to use cream. Do not neglect these ingredients, they will make the filling much tastier.
- Roll out the dough "sausage" and cut into small pieces.
- Each roll out pretty thin.
- On one half of the rolled dough, put the stuffing, close the second.
- Well press down the edges with your fingers or fork. Chebureks should be sealed in the most careful way to prevent juice from flowing out.
- Fry on both sides in a large amount of oil.
- How strong the fire should be is determined empirically. If the fire is weak, chebureks will absorb too much oil. On the other hand, excessive heat can lead to the fact that the outside cheburek will be beautiful and appetizing, and inside it will be damp. We don't need this either.
- Serve piping hot. Actually, by that time all the households will already be standing with plates at the ready behind your back.
Cheburek dough with vodka
This recipe for pasties test completely repeats the previous one, but it adds 1 tbsp. l vodka. It is added at the same stage as the egg.
There is no alcohol component in this test. Therefore, there are chebureks on vodka possible to anyone who already can eat chebureks.
But the effect of this ingredient gives a tangible. Increases bubbling and "crispness" of the finished dough.
Soft base on kefir
This recipe for cheburek dough is recommended to adopt for those who cook pasty chebureks. If products from choux pastry quickly become rigid, then the kefir variant retains softness for a long time. However, when hot, they are also much softer and hardly crackle.
Ingredients for the dough:
- 1 tbsp. kefir;
- 1 egg;
- 4 tbsp. flour (may enter less);
- The process of kneading dough in this case is simple. The liquid ingredients are mixed and flour is gradually added. As soon as the dough ceases to stick, you can roll out and sculpt the pasties.
- The filling is done according to the recipe given above.
How to make cheburechnoe dough on beer?
- 1 tbsp. beer (better to take light);
- 1 egg;
- 3.5 tbsp. flour;
- Beat eggs well with a fork, salt.
- Pour beer into the eggs, while carefully mixing with a whisk.
- Gradually add flour. The number may vary slightly, it is worthwhile to focus on the density of the dough. It should be elastic and not sticky.
- Wrap the blank in film for an hour in a cool room. After that, the dough for pasties is ready for modeling.
We led the most common and proven recipes test for pasties. They all guarantee excellent results. In order not to spoil it, do not regret and high-quality meat for the filling. And then your pasties will be delicious in taste and flawless in execution.