Traditional cabbage rolls are minced meat mixed with rice, wrapped in cabbage leaves. Cooking options are many. They usually differ in the composition of the filling.
The dish itself is healthy, because the way of cooking is stewing, not frying. But if you are a supporter of a healthy lifestyle, then it is better to cook the cabbage rolls in a slow cooker. This method minimizes the formation of acrylamide in food, in addition, the food is prepared without adding fat. Stuffed cabbage cooked in a slow cooker are especially fragrant.
How to cook stuffed cabbage in a slow cooker?
Cabbage rolls in a slow cooker
- White cabbage - 1 large head
- Rice - 400 g
- Pork mince - 800 g
- Lek onion - 2 heads
- Carrots - 2 pcs.
- Tomato sauce or thick tomato juice - 0.5 l
- Vegetable oil 70 g
- Salt, sugar, spices, water.
- The most difficult in the preparation of cabbage - preparing cabbage. If you plan to make a dish in the evening, you can freeze the head of cabbage, and defrost it before cooking. The leaves will be soft, they will be easy to wrap stuffing.
- But there is a more traditional way of cooking - cooking. The core is cut from the head, it is immersed in salted water, boiled for 15-20 minutes. After this thickening of the sheet should be removed with a knife.
- Carrots and onions must be cleaned, fried in vegetable oil, lightly salted. Cook rice. Part of the carrots, leave to add to the sauce, the rest of the stir-fry mix with boiled rice.
- Rice with vegetables, mix with minced meat, add salt, spices. If desired, you can put greens.
- Wrap the minced meat in a cabbage leaf. In a slow cooker, fold the cabbage rolls. Prepare the sauce from water, tomato juice (preferably homemade), sugar and cooked food. Pour the sauce in the bowl, put the bay leaf and a few peas of black pepper. Put the slow cooker for 2 hours in the "Quenching" mode, after the signal, leave the cabbage rolls for another 20 minutes in the "Heating" mode.
How to cook lazy cabbage rolls in a slow cooker?
Lazy cabbage rolls in a slow cooker
- Pork - 400 g
- Chicken - 200 g
- Garlic - 4 large teeth
- Bow - 1 head
- White cabbage - 0.5 head
- Tomato paste - 2 tbsp. l
- Drinking cream - 100 g
- Black pepper, salt, sugar
- Meat broth - 200 ml
- Greens - 30 g
- Twist the meat, add the minced spices, salt, chopped onion and garlic, mix with the meat.
- Cabbage finely chop, combine with minced meat. Add or not rice - decide for yourself. This recipe in the classical form of the use of rice does not require. If the stuffing falls apart, you can drive an egg into the bundle. If the cabbage is rough, before adding to the mass, it should be poured with boiling water, and then squeezed.
- In the slow cooker in the "Soup" mode, you need to prepare a sauce in which lazy cabbage rolls will be stewed. To do this, mix the pre-cooked broth, tomato, chopped greens, cream, salt, sugar. Cook the sauce for 10 minutes.
- Form balls with cabbage and put them in a single layer on the bottom of the slow cooker in a sauce. Cook lazy cabbage rolls for 1 hour in the "Quenching" mode. Before the end of cooking, you can add garlic to the dish.
Cabbage Casserole with Meat
Lazy cabbage rolls are very similar in composition to cabbage pudding.
- Meat - 500 g
- Boiled rice - 3 tbsp.
- Cabbage - 400 g
- Greens, spices
- Salt - to taste
- Cabbage need to chop very finely. Smear the bottom of the multicooker with melted butter. The casserole is laid out in layers, the bottom layer of cabbage, then the mince and rice, again cabbage. Top casserole smeared with butter.
- Set the slow cooker to the "Quenching" mode and cook the dish for 1 hour, 10 minutes before the end of cooking, smear the casserole with sour cream.
Lenten vegetarian cabbage rolls in a slow cooker
- Rice - 1 tbsp.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Onion - 1 head
- White cabbage - 1 head
- Salt, pepper, spices, sugar - to taste
- Mushrooms - 200 g
- Tomato juice - 2 tbsp.
- Vegetable broth - 2 tbsp.
- Vegetable oil
- Onions, carrots shred and fry in vegetable oil.
- Mushrooms must also be cleaned, chopped fry, mix with carrots and onions.
- Disassemble the cabbage into leaves, boil them in salted water. Take care not to digest.
- Cook rice, mix it with roasted vegetables, salt, add spices. Wrap the lean stuffing in cabbage leaves.
- Pour broth into the bowl of the slow cooker, put the cabbage rolls. Cook in the "Quenching" mode 1 - 1.5 h. Before the end of cooking, pour thick tomato juice mixed with sugar into the bowl. Sugar will make the dish spicy. The sauce should lightly cover the cabbage rolls.
- You can prepare a dish not only from white cabbage, but also from red cabbage. Also, minced meat with rice can be filled with grape leaves. This dish is called dolma, it is prepared with the addition of a variety of spices, including basil, mint, dill, cumin, cilantro. But in general, the recipe for cooking dolma is similar to the cooking of traditional cabbage rolls. Only grape leaves do not need to be boiled, frozen, it will be enough to scald them with boiling water and hold them in water for 5-7 minutes.
What is stuffed cabbage?
Ready stuffed cabbage poured over sauce, in which they were stewed. You can flavor them with sour cream mixed with chopped greens on top. An excellent side dish to the dish will be mashed potatoes. If the whipped mashed potatoes with cream and butter are too high in calories for you, then boiled vegetables can be a dietary supplement to cabbage rolls. In stuffing or sauce it is advised to add not only traditional herbs, but also cilantro, basil. For lovers of spicy dishes, finely chopped peppers can be put into the sauce.
Cabbage rolls are not only tasty, but also an economical dish. Meat for cooking requires a little, in a compartment with rice, the dish is nourishing, and vegetables and sauce give the cabbage roll juiciness and piquancy. Experiment with fillings to make a dish cooked in a slow cooker, not only dietary and healthy, but also appetizing!