Surely many of you have tried various foods in batter, for example, fish, vegetables and fruits. Dishes in batter are popular because look appropriate on any table as a snack. Squids in batter combine refinement of taste and ease of preparation.
Principles of cooking squid in batter
Squids in batter have one indisputable advantage over many other dishes - they cook very quickly. In addition, by themselves, squid is healthy, nutritious and not calorie. They are inexpensive, but they have a specific taste and are considered delicacies.
Squids in batter are very easy to prepare. Such a dish even a novice culinary business.
The batter for squid can be made on a different basis. In almost every recipe, you can find eggs, flour and salt with spices. Cheese, mayonnaise, milk, mineral water and beer can be auxiliary components for making batter.
Squid before frying need to prepare. Basically, preparation consists of defrosting and boiling. The main thing to remember, squid do not like long-term heat treatment. The longer you cook the carcass, the coarser and tighter the meat will become. 3-5 minutes of boiling are usually sufficient.
Squids in batter in Chinese
- Squid Meat - 500 g
- Starch - 1/3 Art.
- Flour - 1/3 Art.
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Milk - 1 tbsp.
- Salt, pepper, vegetable oil.
- Clean squid carcasses and boil them in salted water for 2-3 minutes. Boiled squid cut into rings or strips. In case you bought ready-made rings, boil them and drain the water.
- While the water is draining, prepare the batter. Mix flour with starch in a deep bowl or saucepan, gradually pouring milk into the mixture. Now knead the dough and add whipped proteins, salt and pepper to it. Mix all this gently.
- For cooking you need a pan. Add vegetable oil to it. The liquid layer should reach 1 cm. Heat oil and add a pinch of salt to it.
- Squeeze the squid pieces one by one using cooking tongs or wooden chopsticks, put it in a batter and then put it on the pan. In this case, make sure that the oil has got as little as possible extra dough.
- Fry squid in oil for 4-5 minutes. When they are ready, lay them on a wire rack or napkin to drain excess oil.
Squids fried in batter
- Squid carcasses - 2 pcs.
- Flour - 1 tbsp. l
- Egg - 1 pc.
- Salt, mustard, spices, sunflower oil
- Squids should be thawed and then boiled over for 3 minutes. Then it is necessary to drain the water and cool the squid.
- Prepared carcasses peel off with a knife. Use a knife or knife to remove any giblets from the carcass. Then you need to remove the squid chord, which is located on the very edge of the carcass. Cut the squids into rings.
- Now cook the batter. To do this, mix egg and flour, add to the batter various spices to your liking. Mixed batter should be thick enough, but if it is too thick, you can use any liquid (milk, kefir, water) for dilution.
- Dip each piece of squid in a batter and put it on a griddle, which you must first heat with a large amount of oil. Oil should be enough to squid swam.
- If you have a deep fryer, then squids in batter can be cooked in it. Fry one side until golden brown, turn the ring over and bring the other side to the same state.
Squids in beer batter
- Squids - 1 kg
- Beer - 100 ml
- Flour - 3 tbsp. l
- Salt, pepper, spices, vegetable oil
- Boil squids in salted water. Wait until the water boils, and simmer for 5 minutes over low heat. Squids that have not cooled down should be skin-free and cut into slices.
- To make batter, mix flour, beer, and spices in a bowl. In the resulting mass, place all the rings of squid.
- Heat the pan, pour a lot of sunflower oil on it. Place the squid rings with the fork.
- Fry the squid in beer batter over medium heat until golden brown. When the rings are ready, put them on the dish and serve.
- Mayonnaise - 3 tbsp.
- Chili sauce - 2 tsp.
- Lemon - 3-4 ringlets.
- Finely chop the lemon and mix with mayonnaise.
- Add chilli sauce to the mixture and mix it all together again.
- When serving, decorate the sauce with lemon wedges.
Sauce for seafood garlic
- Sour cream-200 ml
- Garlic-1 clove
- Parsley dill
- Lemon 1/2 pcs.
- Ground paprika, ground black pepper, salt
- Dill and parsley must be thoroughly washed, dried and finely chopped. It is also worth doing with garlic. Mix chopped greens with chopped garlic, place in a blender and whisk thoroughly.
- Combine sour cream with lemon juice and add to the mixture in a blender. Beat for about 10 seconds. Then add the spices mixed with salt, mix everything and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Try to cook squid klyare on one of the recipes, and you will be pleasantly surprised by the taste, tenderness and juiciness of the snack. Add spice to the dish and new shades will help different sauces. Squids in batter will be an excellent snack and a friendly meeting, and a gala dinner.