Spaghetti is a dish of Italian cuisine. These are long, solid cylindrical macaroni. Like all pasta, they are made from wheat flour and water. Wheat is used mainly durum varieties. The length of spaghetti in the second half of the 20th century settled at 25 cm. Their thickness and length have a direct impact on cooking time.
A huge number of dishes can be prepared with a base of spaghetti. Probably every housewife at least once, but was looking for answers to questions about how to cook spaghetti, so that they do not stick together, and how long they prepare. This is what our article is dedicated to.
How to cook spaghetti: general tips
Experienced cooks give their tips, how much time to cook spaghetti and how to cook them so that they do not stick together:
- First you need to decide for how many people will prepare the dish. A 500 g bag of spaghetti is for 4 adults.
- Water for cooking pasta must be taken on the basis of the fact that for the preparation of 100 g of pasta requires 1 liter of liquid.
- The pot should hold the entire volume of spaghetti. Before pouring pasta, water should be salted (1-2 tsp.) And bring to a boil.
- You also need to decide on the size of the spaghetti: will you break them or cook them whole. Cooking time depends on length and thickness.
- At the time of lowering the spaghetti in boiling water you need to be careful. Using a fork, gently stir them so that they do not stick to the walls of the pan. Also reduce the heat slightly to avoid splashing.
- Stir spaghetti should be regular - then the pasta will not stick together with each other.
- Classic spaghetti stew 10-12 minutes. The degree of readiness each cook must determine himself.
- You can not put spaghetti on the fire without a source of moisture - the result will be a sticky mass of dough.
- At the same time preparing a sauce based on tomatoes. The more sauce, the more delicious spaghetti will be.
- Before mixing with pasta sauce, if it is prepared in advance, it must be heated. Mixing must occur vigorously in order for the spaghetti starch to combine with the sauce.
- In the case when the mixture is dry, you can add a little water in which spaghetti was cooked.
Of course, every housewife has her own secret to making delicious spaghetti. It is still possible to attribute to the general advice that the readiness of pasta is better to determine, having tasted them, and for sauces you should use tomatoes grown with your own hands.
Spaghetti with tuna and mushrooms
Consider for example the recipe for cooking spaghetti with tuna and mushrooms.
- 350 g spaghetti;
- 100 g fresh mushrooms;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 250 g fresh tomatoes;
- 4 tbsp. l olive oil;
- 1 bunch fresh parsley;
- Parmesan cheese (to taste).
- In the pot need to pour 4 tbsp. l olive oil.
- Now add a clove of garlic to the pan and fry it until it turns golden brown.
- Add the mushrooms and chopped tomatoes, and then mix well.
- Boil for 5-7 minutes. Oriented to the readiness of mushrooms.
- Add the sliced tuna and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Salt and turn off the heat.
- Separately cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan, lightly salted water.
- When the spaghetti is cooked, pour the water out of the pan, and add the pasta to the container with the sauce.
- Fry two minutes until cooked.
- Sprinkle the finished dish with grated cheese and chopped parsley.
How to eat spaghetti?
There is spaghetti - this is art, because there is a rather high probability of getting dirty. Do not be afraid of this. First of all, you need to cover your knees with a napkin, which will give additional protection.
Never eat spaghetti with a knife and spoon. From cutlery can only use a fork. It needs to be tilted slightly and, rotating clockwise, grab a few spaghetti.
So we figured out how to cook and eat spaghetti. And although we are not Italians, who do not even think of a day without their pasta, many of us will be tempted, will get a pack of spaghetti, make a sauce and create their culinary masterpiece. Perhaps you are using one of the hundreds of existing methods or invent your own recipe and please your loved ones with a delicious dish. Good luck and bon appetit!