Despite the fact that semolina is probably the easiest to prepare, the hostesses still have difficulties with working with it from time to time. That turns out too liquid dish, then strange lumps are formed, then the color does not match the desired. Are there any tricks in this process? How to cook semolina porridge in a saucepan and a slow cooker? What is the difference between the ways of its preparation in milk and water? How to get the most delicious porridge?
How to cook semolina in milk?
The most traditional recipe for cooking semolina, of course, implies its cooking in milk: the dish turns out to be very nutritious due to the protein, and the only drawback of the dish is its caloric content. Semolina, boiled with milk, "weighs" about 330 kcal per 100 g of ready-made dish, you can lower the figure by adding water.
- Cow whole milk - 300 ml
- Semolina - 2.5 tbsp.
- Sugar - 1 tsp.
- Salt - Pinch
- Butter - 1 tbsp.
- Milk is required to be poured into a small saucepan with high (!) Sides, put on the burner with weak power. As soon as the liquid begins to boil and increase in volume, it is required to precipitate it by stirring and pour semolina into it. It is recommended to do it with a tablespoon with a notch on its side - the stream will turn out thin.
- Within 2-3 minutes porridge should be constantly stirred, without departing from the plate. The power of the burner also remains minimal. After the specified time the fire is turned off, the pan is covered with a lid, wrapped with a towel. Make sure that it does not touch the burner, otherwise it will burn.
- Leave the pan for 15-20 minutes. To the croup swelled, and the porridge is ready.
- If the stove is gas, it will not give off heat in the off state. In this case, before boiling the milk, you need to heat the oven to 120-130 degrees, and after turning off the burner, rearrange the pan with porridge in the hot oven for the same 20-30 minutes. Wrap it with a towel is not necessary.
And so that the film does not form on the dairy semolina, when serving, its surface should be greased with butter and slightly mix it in the upper layer of the dish. In this case, the porridge must be hot, otherwise the desired effect will not be achieved.
Cook mankuna water
Semolina on water caloric content is easier and is suitable for people who do not digest lactose. At the same time, its taste is no worse than that of milk porridge, and cooking is simpler in some way, since there is no risk that the liquid will run away, as often happens with milk. In addition, experts believe that it is better to add milk at the last moment, rather than warm it and boil it: due to heat treatment, it loses the bulk of nutrients.
- Cold water clean - 100 ml
- Warm boiled water - 200 ml
- Semolina - 3 tbsp.
- Salt - Pinch
- Sugar or honey - 1 tsp.
- In a pot with thick walls poured 100 ml of water, which must be brought to a boil. As soon as this happens, salt is added there and the semolina is carefully poured. It is best done in spoons: pour 1 tsp, so that the grits cover the surface of the water, mix, pour another 1 tsp, mix again, and so on.
- Boil the porridge on medium heat for 2-3 minutes, then begin to pour warm, boiled water in a stream. Such a move will avoid the need to break up possible lumps in semolina.
- After 3-5 minutes continuous stirring, the pan is covered with a lid, the fire under the hob is removed if the cooker is electric, and is reduced to the very minimum if it is gas. Over the next 10-15 minutes. porridge will languish or infuse, depending on the type of home appliances.
Most women today have replaced the cooker with a slow cooker: it is quick, simple and does not require any effort - the products are laid in a large bowl, a timer is set, and the dish is cooked on its own, without monitoring its condition. Can I use the slow cooker for semolina? Is the technology changing somehow?
- Milk or water - 1 multi-glass
- Semolina - 1/5 multi-cup
- Sugar powder - 1.5 tsp.
- Salt - Pinch
- Butter - on the tip of a knife
- Semolina spills out into the bowl of the multicooker, a thin stream pours in liquid (about 1/3 of its volume). After that, you need to wait 5-10 minutes to grab a little bit. Multicooker does not turn on.
- Then the remaining liquid is added, powdered sugar, salt, butter is injected. Within 7-8 min. the slow cooker is working on the “Cooking” mode, the lid should be open, the mass should be stirred slightly, preventing it from grappling.
- At the last stage, the lid is closed, the "Porridge" mode is set, the timer for 2-3 minutes. After that, the semolina must be mixed again and can be served on the table, without insisting additionally.
Mancas vegetables for infants
Most often, semolina porridge appears in the diet of young children, since its consistency makes it possible to feed even a newborn, and the simplicity of the components is suitable for the initial stages of the transition to full-fledged nutrition from mother's milk. Despite the fact that doctors do not recommend to be zealous in feeding a baby with this dish because of the emptiness of semolina (it is even less useful than in high-grade wheat flour), you can make nutmeal porridge for infants quite nutritious, if you do not cook on water or milk, and vegetable broth.
- Water - 300 ml
- Semolina - 20 g
- Carrots - 1/3 pcs.
- White cabbage - 2 leaves
- Butter - 1 tsp
- Salt - Pinch
- In a saucepan, water is boiled, salted, peeled and chopped carrot pieces and cabbage leaves are put into it. On medium heat under the lid, vegetables should be cooked until they are soft. As soon as this happens, they are removed from the water and discarded or transferred to a blender and crushed to a state of mashed potatoes: it will go to fill the finished porridge.
- The resulting broth needs to be drained through a sieve into a new saucepan so that only 200 ml of liquid fall there. The rest can be poured. If the water has boiled a lot, it should be added to the specified volume, but use already boiled warm water.
- As soon as the broth begins to boil, the semolina is carefully poured into it, the saucepan is not covered with a lid. Power should be reduced to medium, porridge is constantly stirring, especially carefully separating it from the bottom.
- The semolina porridge for babies will be ready when the spatula begins to spin in it with difficulty, and when sampling, the grains will no longer be felt. The approximate cooking time from the moment of boiling is 25-30 minutes.
Before serving, add softened butter to the dish (you can immediately put it in a saucepan, cover it with a lid and leave for 1-2 minutes on the hob), vegetables whipped in a blender.
Tips and Tricks
Most often, inexperienced hostesses have a question - how much to cook semolina? Where is that fragile line between digested dense mass and incomprehensible liquid, not like the right porridge. What is important to make a start, counting this time?
- General time cooking manna porridge not must exceed 25 min., however, in some recipes, abbreviations of up to 7-8 minutes are possible. It depends on personal preferences, and on who exactly porridge is cooked. A baby needs to make a liquid dish, and if it so happens that you overdo the pan on the stove, pour some hot water or milk into it and wait for it to boil again.
- The consistency of semolina affects not only the fact of stirring, but also the method of adding cereals to the liquid. As soon as the water, milk or broth boil, they begin to vigorously stir, immediately pouring the rump into a very thin stream. The more carefully this is done, the higher the likelihood that the lumps will not start to form.
- The board from professionals: pour out semolina cereal at pan through sieve - this will reduce the risk of lumps.
- The croup when added to the liquid must be dry. For this purpose, it is advisable to use semolina not recruited from the package, but calcined in a frying pan or baking sheet for 1-2 minutes. If the grains are crushed, they are in the same concatenated form fall into the pan, which results in a non-uniform consistency.
- There is a proven method of cooking semolina without lumps, which are often used by young mothers: cold fresh (necessarily!) Milk is poured into the pan, sifted semolina is immediately poured there, gently beaten with a mixer at low speed to distribute it over the liquid, and under the pan fire turns on. Cooked semolina porridge according to this recipe at low power, for 5-7 minutes, with continuous stirring.
- Some hostesses like to cook semolina on milk diluted with water. The proportion of liquids in this case depends on its fat content: lean is usually combined as 1: 1, and it is better to take fat as 3: 7 with less milk.
Finally, we should recall the recipe, actively practiced in the kitchen of the Soviet Union, however, it is undesirable for baby food due to the increased fat content of the dish. But the lumps in the porridge almost did not form, and the consistency came out airy and tender.
- Warm the butter in a frying pan with a thick bottom and high sides, pour semolina into it, heat for an average of 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, so that the grains disperse in the oil. Then milk is poured in there, it can be combined with water, and the porridge is stirred for another 4-5 minutes, after which the pan is covered with a lid, the heat of the burner is reduced to a minimum.
The use of semolina is still disputed by doctors and nutritionists, but even in spite of this dish does not lose its popularity. The universality of semolina allows it to cook on any liquid and add vegetables and fruits, seafood, meat to it. However, the dish is not very low-calorie, so remember the measure in its use.