Modern kitchen appliances make life much easier for us. The process of cooking many dishes is simplified and takes less time. A microwave oven is especially indispensable in the kitchen. It can be heated, thawed, fried, boiled and even cooked on the grill. But there is still the opinion that you can not fry eggs in the microwave. Let's dispel this myth together and consider in more detail how to cook scrambled eggs in the microwave.
The main aspects of cooking scrambled eggs in the microwave
In order not to have long and hard to clean the microwave from experiments with cooking eggs, let's get acquainted with the basic nuances of the process. So, the subtleties of the microwave, or how to cook eggs in the microwave:
- you need to use only very fresh eggs, better home-made;
- so that the eggs do not explode, be sure to pierce the yolks with a toothpick or cut with a knife;
- for making perfect scrambled eggs, you can use special molds, which are not difficult to acquire;
- if you use ordinary dishes, be careful to ensure that it is free from metal components and is suitable for cooking at high temperature;
- Do not allow temperature drops, for example, you can not use the dishes that just got out of the refrigerator;
- so that the fats do not spray on the walls of the microwave, cover the plate with a special lid or film;
- the time of cooking eggs in the microwave should be calculated based on the power of your machine. On average, in order for the eggs to be sufficiently cooked, it takes from 15 to 45 seconds.
Classic egg in the microwave oven
- chicken eggs - 2 pcs .;
- 20 g of sunflower oil;
- 2 toothpicks;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
- Slightly heat the prepared plate in the microwave.
- Lubricate the bottom of the plate evenly with a small amount of vegetable oil, you can also use butter.
- Gently pour the eggs onto the plate one by one.
- Pierce the yolks with a toothpick.
- Cover the plate with a special lid and place in the microwave.
- Turn on the microwave at full power and cook for about 1 minute.
- Ready scrambled eggs easily slide off the plate. You can decorate the dish with your favorite vegetables and herbs.
Fried eggs in the microwave
- 1 large tomato;
- garlic clove;
- salt, black and red pepper;
- 10 g of sunflower oil.
- Tomato should be washed, and then cut the cap and carefully cut the core in a circle.
- Brush the bowl or mug evenly with sunflower oil and place the tomato inside so that the resulting hole is on top of the mug.
- Garlic should be added to the core, let in by pressing, salt and pepper. Stir everything until a homogeneous liquid.
- Egg must be poured into the tomato. Choose eggs by size of tomato.
- Pierce the egg yolk with a fork. Pour the prepared mixture over the top.
- Bake in the microwave at full power for about 2 minutes.
- The finished dish can be sprinkled with chopped greens.
Scrambled eggs in a mug for a child
- 1 egg;
- 1/3 Art. water;
- about ½ tsp vinegar (optional).
- Prepare all the ingredients. Vinegar in this recipe is optional, but it will help the egg to curl better.
- Beat the egg in the mug.
- Fill the mug with water.
- Add vinegar. You can add vinegar directly to the water before pouring.
- Cover the mug with a plastic lid or plate.
- Cook in the microwave at 80% power for 60 seconds.
- Carefully remove the lid and check the readiness of the dish. If the egg is not completely folded, put it in the microwave for 50% for another 20 seconds.
- Remove the poached egg from the water with a skimmer.
- Put a piece of toast on a clean plate, and place an egg on top and serve to the table.
When cooking poached eggs in the microwave, you need to consider some recommendations:
- In this recipe, the egg will be more liquid. If you like cool eggs, add another 60 seconds to the cooking time.
- An important feature of the microwave is that the yolk is cooked before the protein. If you prefer liquid yolk, the egg is best to get when the protein is not fully grabbed.
Fried eggs cooked in the microwave will be an excellent option for office meals if you add any side dish to this dish. It is also ideal for breakfast, since in the morning there is often just not enough time to cook it. Enjoy your meal!