Asian cuisine is incredible! It is no coincidence that many of its dishes are at the peak of popularity. The same rolls can be tried in restaurants or ordered at home. Of course, rolls cooked at home are much tastier. The one who thought about this option most likely wondered: "How to cook rice rolls?" This stage of cooking has its own peculiarities.
Improperly cooked rice can spoil everything. Ideally, it should be well molded, but not be mushy. If during preparation it sticks to hands or, on the contrary, breaks into parts, it means that you did something wrong. Errors when cooking rice can be different. The first is the wrong grade. This raises a reasonable question on the choice of cereals. Let's try to understand all this in detail.
What rice is needed for rolls?
For rolls, rice quality is important. It must be solid enough.
You can go 2 ways - buy special products for Japanese cuisine, sold in each supermarket, or replace them with similar domestic ones. This also applies to rice. On the shelves you can see a limited selection of products for rolls. That is why many are beginning to look for an alternative to certain ingredients. Figure in this case is no exception. Traditionally, there are several varieties of this useful cereals. But we will be interested in only one. The grain of this rice should be round, not elongated. It is such a croup contains the right amount of starch, thanks to which the rolls will not fall apart. In Russia, Krasnodar round grain rice fits this description. Other rice has similar rice. When choosing, you just need to carefully look at the grain. Not suitable for rolls steamed rice. It is easy to distinguish by color. Grains have a slightly creamy tint. Steamed rice in the finished form will crumble, rolls will not form from it. Of course, if you have a choice, then you can stop at a special rice roll. It is usually sold in sushi departments. He, by the way, is also round grain.
How to cook rice for rolls?
In the preparation of rice rolls have their own nuances. According to one recipe, it should be thoroughly rinsed to crystal clear water. For some housewives, this approach was unacceptable - such rice crumbled. Dr. recipes are advised to wash rice only a few times. It seems that there is a rational grain in it. Part of the starch goes away with the washes. In any case, the rice should be washed before cooking. How many times? It depends on your preferences and desire to experiment. If the rice is special, then you can follow the instructions. Also, there is another tip - soaked cereal before cooking for 30 minutes.
By the way, the rice pan should be big enough. Remember that when boiling it increases by 2-3 times in volume. The ratio of rice and water in the pan should be 1 to 1.
Cooking like that. Put the rice on a moderate fire and close the lid. When cooking it is not removed. Cook the rice almost until it is ready (about 12-15 minutes), and then turn off the fire and let it stand for the same amount. Some housewives during the upholding of rice put a towel between the pan and the lid. Condensate drips onto it from the lid without getting into cooked rice.
Another cooking method is a rice cooker or a slow cooker. In this case, prepare the cereal in accordance with the instructions. By the way, if you cook rice in a regular saucepan, then it should be non-enameled. Traditionally, the finished cereal was laid out in a wooden or clay container and fanned with a special fan, cooling. You can do without it. Just put the rice out of the pan in a deep bowl and leave to cool at room temperature.
How much to cook rice for rolls?
If you can not determine how much time to cook rice for rolls, then you should carefully look under the lid. The croup can be safely turned off if, after boiling on a small fire, almost all of the water has evaporated.
Roll rice recipe
- Rice - 2 tbsp.
- Water - 2 tbsp.
- Wash rice a couple of times. Last water to drain and leave the cereal without water for 30 minutes. Put pure rice in a thick-bottomed saucepan and pour in the right amount of water. Put on medium heat. Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Boil at minimum for another 10 minutes. Rice is almost ready. If you want to cook the rolls in portions, and not in large quantities, then by 7 pcs. You will take about 370 grams. rice.
Next - go to the last stage. Cooking rice dressing. Without it, the rolls do not.
Rice roll dressing
- Rice vinegar - 180 ml.
- Sugar - 120 gr.
- Salt - 30 gr.
- Pour vinegar in a saucepan and heat a little over low heat. Pour sugar and salt. Heat until they dissolve. Next refill cool. Lay out the rice at room temperature in a separate container. We add in it refueling. Here it is worth being attentive and guided by your taste. Fill the rice so that every grain soaked. Usually it is sprinkled with dressing, mixing with a wooden spatula. After the rice is filled, you can proceed to the formation of rolls.
- Some secrets of making rolls related to rice:
- Rice can be washed from 5 to 12 times. It all depends on the quality of cereals.
- If you do not have a thick-bottomed pan, then you can replace it with a pillow pot. Rice in such dishes cooked well.
- Ready rice should be mixed before dressing. This should be done with special movements so that the grains do not turn into sticky porridge. It is convenient to mix with a spatula.
- Many housewives in the first minutes of cooking rice add to it a layer of algae, and then clean. A piece of Konbu (the algae) should be small - about 5 cm. It is placed at the very beginning. Pull out Konba immediately before boiling. This gives rice a special taste and flavor.
- Algae can be added to the station: put for a few minutes, and then removed.
- Refueling can be cooked at once for several servings of rice. It is well kept. You just need to pour it into a glass container and cover with a lid.
- Filling for rolls may include different ingredients. Rice vinegar can be replaced with wine or apple. The amount of sugar and salt can also be different. The main thing - to comply with the proportion of 2 to 1.
- Ready seasoned rice can be used not only for rolls. It is perfect for many other Asian dishes.
- Serve finished rolls should be with soy sauce.
The taste of the finished rolls is more than half dependent on rice. If you do something wrong, they can fall apart. Therefore, the choice of cereals and the features of its preparation must be approached thoroughly. For rolls, choose either a special rice or not steamed round grain. The finished rice is cooled to room temperature and stirred. Then fill it with a specially prepared sauce.