Breakfast - the main part of the daily ration. It is at breakfast that we must saturate the body with nutrients, vitamins, trace elements, minerals. Oatmeal is considered the traditional breakfast of the British. In our country, this cereal product is loved by no means everyone. In order to cook porridge and make it not only nutritious and healthy, but also very tasty, special skills and knowledge are needed.
In our article you will learn how to cook porridge on the water so that such a cereal breakfast becomes a favorite delicacy of your household.
How to cook porridge on the water: cooking tips
At first glance it may seem that cooking porridge is very simple. However, all housewives know that even for the preparation of cereals require certain skills and knowledge. Experienced chefs are happy to share their secrets:
- want to cook a dietary dish - cook oatmeal in water with a minimum of salt and butter;
- add milk (condensed) or butter to make the cream tasteless;
- for oatmeal, it is desirable to choose whole groats;
- so that the porridge is homogeneous and tender, try to fold it in a colander after cooking - so all the unnecessary parts will go away;
- after cooking, the porridge must be left in a saucepan for a while so that it is present;
- to make simple oatmeal porridge refinement, try adding dried fruits, candied fruits, syrups or fresh fruits;
- those who adhere to a dietary ration can make a very nutritious and healthy smoothie from oatmeal;
- if you need to cook breakfast quickly, use the slow cooker - this kitchen assistant will do all the work for you, and you can put the ingredients in a container in the evening and set the desired mode;
- for cooking oatmeal is better to use filtered or mineral water without gas.
If you didn’t cooked porridge before, or your household didn’t like its taste, try to cook it according to the classic recipe. Believe me, not one of your family members will remain indifferent to such a breakfast, and praise in your address will flow from their mouths into a ringing stream.
- oatmeal - 1 tbsp .;
- filtered or mineral water - 1.5-2 st .;
- some salt;
- Choose whole, but processed oatmeal that will not add bitterness to taste.
- It is not necessary to pre-soak oatmeal because it absorbs the liquid very quickly.
- Pour into the container (thick-walled pot) the right amount of water.
- Put the container on moderate heat and bring the liquid to a boil, then season the water with salt.
- Put in the boiling water the right amount of oatmeal and mix everything well.
- Reduce heat and continue cooking porridge, stirring occasionally for a quarter of an hour.
- Add butter and sugar, and then mix thoroughly.
- Let the finished porridge brew in a bowl with the lid closed, and then serve it to the table.
Cook porridge in a multicooker
Many housewives in the kitchen have a variety of appliances that simplify the process of cooking. Recently, the slow cooker has gained unprecedented popularity. With the help of this kitchen appliance you can create culinary masterpieces and at the same time relax. You only need to put the ingredients in a container, and the rest will be done by the slow cooker. If you need to quickly boil oatmeal porridge (oatmeal), then you can put all the ingredients in a container in the evening and select the desired mode. By the time you wake up, fragrant and tasty porridge will be ready.
- oatmeal groats - 1 measuring cup;
- sugar or honey;
- walnuts or candied fruit;
- water - 2 measuring glasses.
- Take a multicooker bowl and thoroughly lubricate its inner surface with slightly softened butter.
- Put in the bowl the right amount of flakes "Hercules", and then fill them with filtered, boiled or mineral water.
- Add a little salt and sugar to suit your taste.
- Select the desired program mode depending on the multicooker model. Cooked porridge can be in the following modes: "Porridge", "Rice-cereals" or "Milk porridge".
- Set the timer for at least 25 minutes and press the start button.
- Cook oatmeal porridge to complete the program. After filing the appropriate sound signal in the finished oatmeal porridge you can add a little honey, butter and chopped walnuts.
- After thorough mixing, leave the porridge in the container and let it brew for 7-10 minutes.
- After that, porridge can be laid out in portions.
Cooking oatmeal on water for children with fruit
If you are cooking exclusively for yourself, then you can purchase express flakes that are sufficient to pour boiling water and insist. Children, especially small, porridge should be well cooked and chopped to a homogeneous mass. If your little child refuses to eat porridge, try adding fresh fruit that the crumb likes. Crushed porridge with pieces of fruit will have to his taste. In addition, you can prepare a diet smoothie using the same recipe.
- oatmeal - 1 tbsp .;
- any fruits (bananas, apples, oranges, peaches, etc.);
- filtered or boiled water - 1.5-2 tbsp .;
- granulated sugar;
- some salt.
- Put oatmeal in a thick-walled container and fill them with the required amount of filtered or boiled water.
- Put on a slow fire and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- After boiling in porridge add a little salt and sugar so that they are completely dissolved.
- When the oatmeal is almost ready, add a little butter and mix everything well.
- At this time, grind any fruit. For young children, it is best to choose soft fruits, for example, bananas, peaches, apricots, etc.
- Put ready oatmeal on a sieve or colander and mash well to get a homogeneous mass.
- You can add fruit in a common container, while mixing them with porridge, or in separate portions, spreading on top.
- For the smallest oatmeal with fruit can be crushed in a blender.
- Serve oatmeal by adding sweet syrup or condensed milk, hot.
Breakfast must be as saturated as possible with carbohydrates, so oatmeal will be an excellent option that will replenish your energy supply and give you strength for the whole coming day. Do not be afraid to experiment and add new ingredients. Cook porridge in accordance with your taste preferences, especially since such cereal products can be cooked not only with fruit or sweet syrup, but also as a side dish for meat or fish. Enjoy your meal!