Pork ribs can be considered an unfairly forgotten ingredient. Unfortunately, now they are not cooked as often as before. In this case, the dish will appeal to many. When stewing or frying, the ribs become incredibly tender due to the fat surrounding the meat. Whatever cooking method you choose, the result will be excellent. Ribs can be boldly served not only at a regular dinner, but also at a festive table.
How to cook pork ribs?
It is believed that for all kinds of dishes it is worth choosing ribs, located near the sternum. Usually they can be identified by the form. On the bone there is a sufficient amount of meat, surrounded by layers of fat. Due to this, the juice is released during cooking, and the dish becomes more juicy.
When buying, try to choose a certain type of rib for different recipes. For soups, suitable for those who have a small layer of meat, and for grilling and roasting - meat. The more bone there is, the better for frying. For further convenience, you can ask the seller to cut the pork ribs into pieces of 20 cm. So it will be easier for you to cook them. We should also dwell on how to prepare pork ribs.
In many cookbooks you can find an opinion on the pre-boiling of pork ribs. Some butchers and cooks advise boiling them so that the dish is not rigid. In their opinion, the connective tissue becomes softer from such an impact. This technology involves roasting parts to a brown crust after cooking. There are opponents of this method.
In general, there are 2 ways of cooking pork ribs - on low and high heat. The most optimal method is considered to be the first. He allows to achieve juiciness without preliminary boiling. So you simply save time. It should be understood that this method is more suitable for roasting in the oven or frying in a frying pan. First of all, this is due to the precise temperature regulation. In most recipes, it ranges from 60 to 140 ° C. This is the main secret of cooking ribs. It is clear that at such temperatures you will have to be patient. The dish will reach readiness in at least 4-6 hours. But on the other side of the exit, you will get extraordinary meat on the bone.
Another secret of cooking ribs - correctly selected marinade. For some reason, it is assumed that kebabs etc. baked or fried meat dishes are not made without vinegar and a large amount of seasoning. In fact, such a fill is not always appropriate. In many cases, the vinegar leads to the fact that the meat is too dry. Therefore, you should not overdo it. If you really want, you can sprinkle the ribs with spices and let them lie. On the other hand, they will not be spoiled by the absence of the usual marinade. The easiest option is to chop the onion finely, compress it with your hands and sprinkle them with rib. Then they should stand 1-2 hours before cooking. The finished dish with this method of pickling will turn out unusually tasty. You will feel the taste of pork, not spices or vinegar. However, if you wish, you should use soy sauce, apple or wine vinegar, and pineapple juice for the marinade. It all depends on personal preference.
As mentioned above, pork ribs can be cooked in completely different ways. The best option is to use tools. So you will save time and get both meat and a side dish to it.
Pork ribs with potatoes
- Ribs - 1kg.
- Potatoes - 500 gr.
- Tomatoes - 3 pcs.
- Mayonnaise - 100 gr.
- Ketchup - 100 gr.
- Spices and salt to taste
- Cut the ribs into portions about 10 cm wide. Peel the potatoes and chop them into circles.
- Mix mayonnaise and ketchup. Tomatoes cut into half rings.
- Smear the ribs with a mixture of mayonnaise and ketchup. Put them on a plate and put them in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Thanks to marinovka meat will turn out more tender.
- Put ribs, potatoes and tomatoes in a baking bag. If you have a marinade, you can also add it. Package bundle the top of the thread.
- Heat oven to 190 ° C. Place the bag of meat and vegetables on a baking sheet and send to the oven for 30-40 minutes. It is best to periodically shake it with your hands so that the juice from the meat soaked the vegetables.
- The finished dish is sprinkled with any greens.
The following recipe can be attributed to the category of dishes for novice cooks. You do not have to pickle meat and make sure that it does not dry out. It is enough to put everything in a saucepan and add water. After a while, your kitchen will be filled with an indescribable aroma of stew.
Juicy and fragrant ribs
- Pork ribs - 800 gr.
- Onions - 2 pcs.
- Garlic - 3 cloves
- Spices (pepper, bay leaf) - to taste
- Chop the ribs with a kitchen hatchet into portions. In order to smooth the appetizing dish, fry them in a pan without oil until it forms a crust.
- Peel the onion and chop into half rings.
- Put fried ribs and onions in a deep pan. Fill them with water so that it barely covers them.
- Place the pot with ribs on low heat and simmer with the lid closed for 40-60 minutes. For 7 minutes until ready, add garlic to the meat, salt and pepper the dish. Lower to the ribs bay leaf. Readiness is determined by the softness of the meat and how it is separated from the bone.
For those who love grilled meat, but do not have the opportunity to cook it in this way, you should try to bake pork ribs. They are obtained in the oven incredibly tender with a fragrant crust.
Savory Baked Ribs
- Pork ribs - 1 kg.
- Tomato paste - 1st sl.
- Garlic - 3 cloves
- Onions - 2pcs.
- Spices and salt to taste
- Pork ribs cut into portions. If there is a large layer of fat on top, then make diagonal cuts on it. So the meat will absorb more marinade.
- Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Put tomato paste into a separate container and pour it with a small amount of water. Add spices and salt to the mixture.
- Shred ribs to shift in a deep bowl. Top onion and garlic, mix. Pour them with tomato paste, diluted with water. If the mixture is thick, add some more water. The marinade layer should be watery. If some ribs are not covered with them, then lubricate them with a cooking brush.
- Bowl remove for 1-2 hours in the fridge for marinating.
- After this time has elapsed, the ribs are pulled out of the fridge and laid out in a refractory form. We water them with the remains of marinade.
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C. We put in her uniform with ribs. We bake about 1-1.5. The more you keep the dish in the oven, the better the meat will be separated from the bones.
With the help of pork ribs you can cook both the most ordinary and festive dinner. They are stewed, baked in the oven with vegetables, cooked on the grill. The most important thing is to choose the right kind of ribs. They should be located near the sternum. Also pay attention to the amount of meat. For frying and stewing it is best to choose meaty pieces. These tips will help you prepare a dish that will appeal to even the most demanding gourmet!