Pork buds have great taste. That is why they are appreciated by gourmets who know a lot about refined and wholesome food. Knowing how to cook pork kidneys, you will always be able to impress your household and guests with unexpectedly tasty dishes. In addition, it is a fairly inexpensive by-product, rich in vitamins and carrying tremendous benefits to the human body.
The secrets of cooking pig kidneys
Knowing how to cook pork kidneys properly and prepare them for processing, you can make a large number of dishes from them. Fragrant and delicate offal is obtained only under certain conditions.
- Pork kidneys should never be combined with other by-products, because they easily absorb their aromas and get a not very pleasant aftertaste.
- In connection with the specific aroma, the question arises how to cook the odorless pork kidneys. Very simple: before any cooking, they must be thoroughly soaked. Before that, everything that is superfluous must be removed: the upper fat layer, blood vessels, films, and ureters. The by-products are thoroughly washed with water and soaked in cold water for at least 8 hours, while changing it every 2 hours. If desired, the kidneys can be cut into halves or quarters.
- Depending on what you are going to cook from the kidneys, you can slightly speed up the soaking process. For example, if it is offal in a creamy or sour cream sauce, then milk can be added to the steeping water. If you are cooking a spicy dish, you can add vinegar, cucumber pickle or pickle.
How to boil pork kidneys?
- Offal poured warm water.
- Wait until it boils.
- Boil for 5-10 minutes and drain the water.
- Again fill in offal with hot water and boil a little.
- So do 2-3 times. It is necessary that the water in which the kidneys are boiled, was absolutely transparent.
- Now you can reduce the heat to medium flame and cook by-product for 40-60 minutes. On average, the entire process takes about 1.5 hours.
What can be cooked from pig kidneys?
By-products are in perfect harmony with spicy ingredients, spices and spices. They make shish kebabs, stews, casseroles and snacks from them, make solyanka and pickle. Kidneys engage in the preparation of gravy for porridges, mashed potatoes and pasta. You can marinate offal, stew, bake, fry and boil.
Pork kidney julienne
This dish for true connoisseurs of pig kidneys is a new, original and very tasty.
- 300 g of offal;
- 100 g of ham;
- 200 g of any mushrooms;
- 2 tbsp. l spicy tomato sauce (ordinary spicy ketchup will do);
- 2 tbsp. l low-fat sour cream;
- 1 tbsp. l milk;
- 1 tsp. flour;
- 1 onion;
- 100 grams of cheese (preferably solid varieties);
- salt and soda;
- greens, spices to taste (you can add bay leaf, cloves, black and allspice).
- Pre-prepared pig kidneys cut into thin slices. Fry in the usual vegetable oil and put in a separate dish.
- Add offal to roasted onions, ham and mushrooms. Fry all the ingredients separately, cutting as you like.
- Make a sauce: mix sour cream, ketchup, spices and greens and add to the main ingredients, you have previously fried.
- Mix everything well and put it into cocottes or pots.
- Sprinkle with cheese on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at standard temperature (1800 C) until the cheese is brown.
Delicious Julien ready. Before use, slightly cool it and garnish with parsley leaves and a slice of lemon.
Recipe for Baked Offal with Onions
Wonderful hot with amazing aroma and delicate flavor. It will appeal even to those who are biased on the menu of offal.
- 400-500 g of pork kidneys (3 pcs.);
- 2 onions (large);
- 4 medium potatoes;
- 200 g sour cream (can be replaced with sour cream mayonnaise);
- spices to taste.
- Cut the previously boiled kidneys into thin straws (as for beef stroganoff), put them in a baking dish and add some water (so that the bottom of the form is completely covered with it).
- Put a layer of onions on top of the kidneys, a layer of potatoes (it is best to cut it with thin half-plates).
- Carefully spread the sour cream over the surface of the potatoes.
- Cover with a lid or foil and place in a preheated oven.
- Approximate roasting time at 1800 - from 1 to 1.5 hours.
How to cook pork kidneys tasty and unusual: a recipe for snacks
From the pork offal you can make an excellent snack in a spicy sauce. It is served both separately and as an addition to the main dishes.
- 3 pig kidneys;
- 50 g butter;
- ½ tbsp. broth or plain water;
- 1 tbsp. l flour;
- 2 medium onions;
- 3 pickled cucumbers;
- 1 PC. bay leaf;
- salt, black pepper peas to taste.
- Boiled pork kidneys cut into slices - the thinner the better.
- Prepare the sauce. Melt a piece of butter in a pan and fry the flour. Add broth or water, bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Put the kidneys, finely sliced and fried onions and pickled cucumbers in medium-sized cubes into a thick-walled enameled pan or cauldron.
- Pour cooked sauce. Do not forget the salt and spices. Mix all ingredients well.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve with green salad leaves or baked potatoes.
Knowing how to cook odorless pork kidneys, you can make a wonderful low-calorie salad with greens and vegetables.
- 2-3 pig kidneys;
- 2-3 fresh cucumbers;
- 2 onions (medium size);
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- a bunch of parsley and dill;
- 200 g of mayonnaise;
- 1 tsp. weak vinegar (3%);
- Cut boiled offal into small cubes.
- Peel the cucumbers and cut them in the same way as the kidneys.
- Shred onion finely.
- Greens finely chop too.
- To mayonnaise add vinegar and garlic passed through a press, mix thoroughly.
- Add the sauce to the main ingredients, mix well, garnish with parsley leaves and serve.
How to choose a kidney?
When choosing a byproduct, pay attention to its color. It should be light brown, without inclusions and film breaks, with a smooth and uniform outer shell. The most valuable are the kidneys of young animals: they have a delicate and pleasant taste.
Pay attention to weight. It should not be more than 200 g (for one body). Try not to buy unrefined offal in the fat capsule. Then you can not check the quality.
Dishes from this by-product are valued not only because of the taste, but also because of the beneficial effects on our body. It is a storehouse of vitamins and minerals that people really need. The kidneys contain potassium, folic acid, magnesium, calcium and other valuable substances that have a beneficial effect on the performance of many body systems.
Pork kidneys contain few calories and are considered a light diet product. They are recommended to include in the diet of pregnant women and lactating mothers and those who watch their figure. And if you know how to skillfully handle them in the kitchen, they will become a source of not only nutrients, but also gastronomic pleasure.