Pea soup - a dish that has no nationality: it is present in the kitchen of most countries, and who invented it, still cannot be established. Nutritious, gentle, suitable even for babies, he is loved by many, but not everyone understands the features of its preparation.
How to cook pea soup with meat or make a lean without animal protein? Is it possible to cook it in a slow cooker or oven? And what does the traditional recipe of this dish look like?
How to cook pea soup with smoked ribs?
This dish was present in the menu of most school canteens and was often prepared at home, because it did not require much effort from the hostess. The ribs could be easily purchased at the store (as now), and peas often came to the table from the vegetable garden, along with the rest of the ingredients. In addition, the total cooking time for the soup (with the exception of the preparation of peas) hardly exceeded 90-120 minutes, which was perfectly suited for a quick lunch or dinner.
- Smoked Pork Ribs - 400 g
- Young potatoes - 5-6 pcs.
- Dried peas - 400 g
- Salt, pepper - to taste
- Onion - 1 pc.
- Carrots - 2 pcs.
- Vegetable oil - for frying
- Dill or parsley - 1 bunch
- If the peas are fresh, it will need the same amount, but in this case there is no need to prepare it at all - you can immediately start cooking. If you use the dried version, which is recommended for the classic recipe for pea soup, soak it in cold water for 8-10 hours: it is better to do this in the evening, so that you can do the cooking in the morning.
- Pour cold water into a large saucepan, put the ribs in there, bring to a boil and cook for 40 minutes. After this time, the meat should be well separated from the bone: remove it and leave in the broth, and eliminate the bones. If desired, at this moment you can put a bay leaf to the meat, which must be removed before zazharka get there.
- Rinse the soaked peas in a new portion of water, move it to a saucepan with broth and pieces of meat, cover with a lid and cook for 30 minutes to make the peas soft. If they were originally fresh, 15-20 minutes will be enough.
- Pour some vegetable oil into a hot frying pan (it should only close the bottom), throw the chopped onion into it, pass over 1-2 minutes, turning it over constantly. Onions should be transparent, but not fried. Then send the carrots grated or cut into thin circles. Cook for 3-4 minutes, just remembering to stir.
- Wash, peel and dice potatoes. Add it to the broth, transfer to the broth, as well as salt and pepper; Cook the soup under the lid over medium heat for 20 minutes. A young potato of this time is more than enough to become soft. Older may need another 15-20 minutes.
Turn off the heat, add chopped greens to the pan, leave for a short time so that the dish is infused. When serving, place a spoonful of good village sour cream in each serving or sprinkle a handful of rye bread croutons.
Soup in the slow cooker - fast and tasty!
The slow cooker has long been the main savior of those who do not have enough time to follow the dish at the stove. It is enough to throw all the necessary ingredients into it, choose the right mode, set the timer (if this is not done automatically), and you can forget for a short while that something is cooking in the kitchen. The smart device itself will bring everything to the necessary condition, and you will only have to enjoy the food. Everything is especially simple with soups, especially when it comes to peas.
- Chipped peas - 1 tbsp.
- Lamb or pork - 200 g
- Onion - 1 pc.
- Potatoes - 3 pcs.
- Sweet pepper - 1 pc.
- Salt, pepper - to taste
- Black pepper dry ground - 1/2 tsp.
- Greens - for sprinkling
- Butter - 20 g
- Wheat Bread - 40 g
- Rinse the peas in cold water 3-4 times, fold to a colander and leave for a while. If possible, soak it for 50-60 minutes before this, but this step is not necessary, since chipped peas are cooked much faster than solid ones.
- Soak the meat in cold water (1-1.5 hours), cut into large chunks. Fry in a hot pan without oil, so that a light crust appears on all sides - it will take about 7-10 minutes. Then remove from heat, cool.
- Wash, peel and chop the potatoes into large cubes, chop the onion, shake the sweet pepper into thin strips. You can refuse it if you do not like the taste of boiled pepper, but then add 1-2 tsp to the dish. paprika.
- Transfer all ingredients to the multicooker bowl, fill them with boiled water at room temperature in a volume of 1.2 liters. Close the lid, set the mode "quenching", the timer for 120 minutes. This time is enough to make a very thick, soft soup, in which all the components are well boiled soft. If you want to keep the original form of the ingredients, as well as to get a more transparent broth, set the timer for 90 minutes.
While the soup is cooked in a slow cooker, cut white bread into cubes, fry in hot butter with dry pepper for 5-10 minutes. After that, put the cubes on the parchment and send to the oven for 30 minutes. The roasting temperature is 100 degrees. Sprinkle ready soup with crackers and herbs.
Lean Soup with Peas and Mushrooms
Of course, peas, like all legumes, is a fairly nutritious product, but not all of this is enough to get enough, so meat is often an additional component to such dishes. But is it possible to do without him and not feel hunger for a long time? You can, if you cook the lean soup with mushrooms.
- Champignons (frozen or fresh) - 600 g
- Peas - 300 g
- Celery - 1 pc.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Tomato paste - 3 tbsp.
- Condiments to taste
- Onions - 1 pc.
- If you work with dry peas, do not forget to soak it overnight. If you are using fresh, thaw and leave in a colander to make the glass excess moisture. The same must be done with frozen mushrooms.
- First you need to do broth: it is prepared very quickly, while it is very light and will appeal to supporters of a healthy diet. Boil 3 liters of water in a saucepan, throw in a peeled and peeled onion, as well as half celery and 2-3 circles of carrots. Cook under the lid on medium power for 20-30 minutes.
- While the broth is preparing, heat the pan, throw the sliced mushrooms in it, add the tomato paste and seasonings. Constantly turning the ingredients, then they are 15 minutes. under the lid over high heat. You do not need to pour oil into the pan if you care about the calorie content of the soup.
- Remove the onion, celery and carrots from the broth - they are no longer needed. Crushed celery (fresh) leftovers with a knife, throw to the mushrooms. Grate the carrots and add them to the pan. Tomite another 10 minutes, but already at medium power, then turn off the burner.
- Throw the washed peas into the broth, boil for 60 minutes, if it was dried, and only 20 minutes. - if fresh. Then add the rest of the previously prepared vegetables to the broth, and cook the soup under the lid on medium heat for another 20-25 minutes.
The dish turns out to be very nourishing and nutritious, but if this is not enough for you, you can add to the recipe another 50-100 g of any cereal or small pasta, which is thrown in 10 minutes. before adding zazharki. And if you do not want to use meat, but do not follow the calorie content, put a piece of butter in the broth - this will make it rich.
Secrets of the exquisite first course
The main point that experts pay attention to is, of course, the choice of the main component - peas. For cooking the soup, you can use absolutely any variety, as well as any kind of it. From dried to canned, the main thing is that it does not have dark spots and density changes, as well as an unpleasant smell.
- If you do not like the obvious presence of vegetables in the broth, but appreciate the potatoes and peas for their nutritional properties, try turning the dish into cream soup. For this, the potatoes must be cut into very small cubes before being put into the pan, and after they and the peas are softened, crush them in a mashed potatoes with a fork or a special pestle. Do not forget that it is necessary to reduce the amount of broth by 2 times, otherwise the creamy texture will not work.
- Often the housewives are interested in how to cook pea soup to boil over the peas. Professionals assure that this is not so difficult to achieve: be sure to soak the peas before you start cooking, and in the process, if you need to add water (because of boiling broth), make sure that it is not cold - boiling water will be the best .
- The most nourishing and tender pea soup is obtained in the oven, in a ceramic or cast-iron pot, where it is not just brewed, but insisted and retains all the vitamins and useful trace elements of its ingredients. Products, as in the multi-cooker, are laid at the same time, after which it is important to close the pot very tightly and place it at an average level. The oven temperature is 170 degrees, the active time is 50 minutes, after which the pot should stand still in the oven (it cannot be opened) for 30 minutes.
If you are tired of the traditional type of soups and want to try something new, make a pea cream soup with cheese, on the cream. Surprisingly, these components are really wonderfully combined, allowing you to get a refined and uncomplicated dish.