For many of us, the taste of pea puree has been familiar since childhood. After all, this dish is often fed in kindergartens and school canteens. And our men ate it also in the army. And not without reason, because peas are very useful for everyone: a growing organism, and people with high physical activity.
Pea puree: useful properties
Among the vegetables, peas - the richest source of protein, in its properties and nutritional value is not inferior to meat, but unlike meat proteins, peas are much easier for the body to digest. It contains a lot of ascorbic acid, amino acids, B vitamins, starch, fiber and carotene. Peas in the form of mashed potatoes can even be eaten by people with duodenal diseases and stomach ulcers. For athletes pea puree is simply indispensable when gaining muscle mass.
Pea fiber removes slag and excess fluid from the body. In addition, 100 g of peas contain a daily dose of nicotinic acid, and this is a very important element for the prevention of cancer, asthma and atherosclerosis. Doctors recommendinclude pea puree in the daily diet for treating tuberculosis, diabetes, vitiligo and for reduce blood sugar.
How to cook tasty and tender pea puree?
The secret of tasty and crumbly pea puree is the variety of peas. Split yellow wax peas are ideal. Puree from it turns out gentle and air.
- Peas - 400 g
- Butter - 80 g
- Milk - 100 ml
- Salt, pepper - to taste
- Peas should be thoroughly washed, changing the water several times to its full transparency. In order to cook the dish faster, it is necessary to soak the peas, preferably for a long time - about eight hours.
- After the soaking stage, pour out the water and pour the peas with boiling water so that the water covers the peas on 2 fingers. It is necessary to put on a high heat before boiling, after - reduce the heat and cook for an hour.
- 5-10 minutes before the end of cooking, salt the peas and add a piece of butter. You can add a little boiled milk. If you are a vegan or a healthy diet, add olive oil instead of butter and do not use milk.
- After cooking, remove the saucepan from the stove, cover with a lid and leave for half an hour at room temperature to allow the peas to steam even more.
- After tolkushkoy or blender, turn the cooked peas into mashed potatoes.
- The best dressings for pea puree are zazharka from onions and carrots or smoked meat products.
Pea Puree with Smoked Ribs
If you want to cook unusual mashed potatoes, use the following recipe.
- Peas - 500 g
- Smoked ribs - 500 g
- Smoked lard - 500 g
- Sour cream - 200 g
- Salt, pepper, lemon juice - to taste
- Grated Parmesan - 150 g
- Basil - 5-10 branches
- At night, soak peas in cold water.
- Pour the swollen peas with water for 5 cm and set to boil over high heat.
- As soon as the peas boil, reduce the heat and cook until ready for about 1 hour. Do not forget to stir and remove the foam.
- Separate smoked ribs and put them in the oven to stew for 30-40 minutes at a temperature of 150 - 180 degrees.
- Smoked bacon shred and spread on a dry frying pan, fry to obtain a large amount of fat.
- Add basil, a little salt and pepper to sour cream, beat with a blender.
- Turned boiled peas into a puree and add the melted fat from the fat.
- Served with smoked ribs, grated parmesan and chilled sour cream and basil sauce.
The dish turns out nourishing, tasty, and healthy,therefore, it is perfect for people with an active lifestyle.
How to cook pea puree in a slow cooker?
With the advent of multicookers, our life has become much easier, now you can cook pea puree, without making much effort, and spend the time that you would have to spend at the stove, for something more pleasant.
- Pea - 1 tbsp.
- Water - 2 tbsp.
- Salt - to taste
- Butter - 40 g
- Wash peas, put in a slow cooker and pour water in a ratio of 1 to 2.
- Put the mode "quenching" for 2.5 hours.
- 10 minutes before being ready to salt and put the butter.
- Finished puree can be seasoned with onion fried in butter.
Pea puree is a dish that we sometimes undeservedly forget about. And it is completely in vain, because peas - a real storehouse of vitamins and nutrients. Feel free to enter into your diet nourishing and tasty mashed peas.