Peas are very useful - many people know about it, even in Ancient Russia, he occupied one of the main places on the dinner table: porridge, soup, kissels, noodles were cooked from it, and even baked pies. Dishes from peas were very diverse and tasty, but in our days the people's love for him has died out.
Most often today, peas are purchased in canned form for the manufacture of salads.
Canned peas are not without good, but it is impossible to replace the raw product with them. After all fresh peas contain huge amounts of protein, and he is even able to replace meat - it will be especially interesting for vegetarians. Also in the green peas are substances that contribute to the restoration of the gastrointestinal tract, getting rid of constipation, heartburn and other troubles that accompany digestion.
Pea porridge at home
Pea porridge - very tasty dish, and if you add to it a refined onion, it is completely delicious! In addition, it is very satisfying and useful. But many cooks do not know - how to cook this dish correctly? First of all, rinse the peas thoroughly and soak it in cold water for 5-8 hours beforehand, so it’s more likely to boil over during cooking, and the dish will turn out to be homogeneous. When the peas swell, it must be put on the stove with water, and then when it boils, you need to slow down the fire and salt it.
Cooking this dish over low heat for an hour, subject to regular stirring, as this grits can burn very quickly to the bottom of the container. A couple of minutes before the readiness, porridge must be seasoned, add greens, cooked onions with carrots and other products to taste. After the fire is turned off, the dish can be ceilinged, like mashed potatoes, and before serving, fill with heavy cream and butter.
In the production of peas often produce whole or split into 2 parts. Split peas cook more quickly than whole peas, but they contain fewer nutrients, most of which die in any case during heat treatment. So it does not really matter - what product is better to buy. When purchasing cereals in a store, you should pay attention only to the presence of debris and other impurities in the package with the product.
Another point is the correctly chosen dishes: the bottom and walls should be thick so that the croup boils smoothly.
How to cook pea porridge delicious: recipes
- dry broken peas - 2 tbsp.
- water (or meat broth) - 5 tbsp.
- onions - to taste
- ground black pepper, salt - to taste
- pork fillet - 300 g
- Rinse peas thoroughly, pour cool water overnight. In the morning, rinse it again, drain the water, add clean in a ratio of 1: 2. You can pour the pork broth, then put everything on the fire until the mixture boils, then put out the fire and add salt.
- You need to boil everything until the cereal is full and until the liquid evaporates, and if it evaporates before cooking, you need to pour a little more, until the cereal loses its crunch.
- After removing the porridge from the stove, crush and set aside.
- Pork cut into layers, peel the onions and chop.
- Pour vegetable oil on a red-hot frying pan and fry onion until golden brown, and then add the same meat, cover and simmer until the pork is ready. Salt to taste and add spices.
- Mix the cooked fry with porridge and send to a well-heated oven for 10 minutes, after which the porridge goes and served on the table with the addition of butter.
Pumpkin-pea porridge with the addition of mushrooms
- broth - 250 ml
- pumpkin - 1 pc.
- dry peas - 100 g
- ceps (champignons) - 100 g
- garlic - 1 clove
- onions - 1 pc.
- butter - 50 g
- greens, spices - to taste
- Washed and pre-soaked peas boil in salted beef broth until ready. Then crush him and set aside.
- Cut the top off the pumpkin, remove seeds and parts of the pulp, leaving 2 cm on the walls.
- Finely chop the onion, fry, add the shredded mushrooms to it and fry everything in the pan, a few minutes before cooking, squeeze the garlic into the pan and add the finely chopped greens.
- Mix porridge with stir-fry and put in the prepared pumpkin, put a piece of butter on top, then cover with the top part of the pumpkin and put in the oven, heated to 180 ° C for 20 minutes. After you get it, arrange it in plates and serve it!
Pea porridge is very tasty and healthy, it will be both an excellent main course and a good side dish, for example, for meatballs. Enjoy your meal!