Proponents of a vegetarian lifestyle know that meat can be easily replaced with mushrooms, because this product contains no less nutrients and protein. Today, two types of mushrooms are widespread: champignons and oyster mushrooms. The latter, in addition to a huge list of useful properties, attract buyers with a rather low price. How to cook oyster mushrooms? There is nothing easier. In this article we will explain how to cook them correctly and tasty.
Cooking Oyster Mushrooms: Basic Aspects
Cooking oyster mushrooms is not more difficult than any other types of mushrooms. Nevertheless, each experienced housewife has his own culinary secrets. Here are some of them:
- For vegetable stews and oyster-based soups, it is better to prepare all the ingredients separately and mix them later.
- The simplest thing you can cook from oyster mushrooms is to fry mushrooms with onions. How much time to cook oyster mushrooms? There is no unequivocal answer to this question, so taste the mushrooms during the frying process.
- Since oyster mushrooms do not belong to poisonous species of mushrooms, they are boiled only in one water. If you boil the mushrooms in several waters, they will lose all their beneficial qualities.
The main aspects are studied, proceed to cooking.
How to fry oyster mushrooms: Georgian recipe
Wild oyster mushrooms in Georgia are called Kalmakha and they grow on oak bark. To taste and smell, fried mushrooms cooked according to this recipe resemble oysters. Let's take a look at how wild oyster mushrooms roast with bacon in Tbilisi.
- 1 kg of oyster mushrooms;
- 300 g fat smoked meats;
- 7 small or 4 medium bulbs;
- 2 hot green peppers;
- 25 g fresh basil;
- 25 g fresh coriander;
- 2-3 bay leaves;
- 5 cloves of garlic;
- amount of salt depending on personal preference.
- First you need to prepare all the ingredients, wash the mushrooms and dry.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, boil a few liters of salted water.
- Add oyster mushrooms and bay leaf and boil for 45 minutes.
- When the mushrooms are ready, drain the water through a sieve, and cool the mushrooms.
- In the meantime, onion and bacon can be sliced.
- Photo 3
- In a separate pan, fry bacon on all sides for 7-8 minutes. Since the bacon is very fat, there is no need to oil the pan with oil.
- In a separate pan, fry the boiled oyster mushrooms with onions for about 4-5 minutes.
- When the mushrooms are ready, add to them the bacon and garlic, passed through the press.
- Mix thoroughly and fry over low heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely crumbled basil, coriander and hot pepper. Add greens to the mushrooms, mix well and remove from heat.
- We shift the mushrooms and bacon to a separate bowl and serve hot to the table. Enjoy your meal!
How to cook the soup of oyster mushrooms with pasta?
When cooking the first courses, the oyster mushrooms can perfectly replace the chicken, especially since these boiled mushrooms taste very much like chicken. The soup made according to this recipe is magical in taste. Fragrant and spicy herbs, fresh vegetables and mushrooms - what could be more delicious?
- 2 tbsp. l olive oil;
- 1 small onion;
- 3-4 carrots;
- 4 celery stalks;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- 4 tbsp. vegetable broth;
- 2 tbsp. water;
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped oyster mushrooms;
- 1 ½ tbsp. pasta;
- 1/3 Art. finely chopped parsley;
- 1 tsp. oregano;
- 1 tsp. thyme;
- salt and black pepper to taste.
- The cooking process begins with the cleaning and cutting of vegetables.
- To make the soup bright and tasty, we clean the carrots with celery and cut them into circles. Crumble onions as usual.
- In addition, it is also better to cut the garlic with a knife into small pieces. If garlic cloves are passed through the press, the taste will be slightly lost.
- A small amount of olive oil should be heated in a roasting pan over medium heat.
- Add the prepared vegetables to the roaster and fry to soften for a bit, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat the vegetable broth, slightly diluted with cool boiled water.
- Add vegetables to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Then in the vegetable broth in turn, we introduce all the other ingredients: sliced mushrooms, pasta, spices. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to low and cook under cover until tender. It's about 30 minutes.
- Ready soup is poured into bowls and served for dinner with fresh white bread.
Mushroom Garnish with Potatoes in the Oven
Tired of ordinary fried potatoes with mushrooms? Make a wonderful pot in these ingredients. And if you add a little white wine in the cooking process, an unforgettable taste is guaranteed. In this recipe, the number of ingredients is indicated for 1 serving, however, you can easily increase them to the desired volume by yourself.
- 1 large potato root;
- 1 tbsp. l a mixture of sage and olive oil;
- 1 clove garlic;
- 2 green onion feathers;
- 20 g of sliced oyster mushrooms;
- ¼ Art. dry white wine;
- ½ tbsp. chicken broth;
- 1 tbsp. l finely chopped parsley.
- Potatoes should be peeled and boiled in a saucepan with water for 20 minutes.
- After the time, let the potato tubers cool.
- Now you need to cut the potatoes in small pieces, salt and pepper.
- Pot for baking generously grease with a piece of butter and spread on the bottom of a little potato.
- We proceed to the preparation of the second layer of filling for the casserole.
- To do this, fry onions and garlic in a pan. (Approximately 3 minutes).
- After that, you must add chopped mushrooms, salt and pepper to taste.
- Fry the oyster mushrooms with onions on medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then pour wine, chicken broth into a frying pan and bring to a boil. Cover the pan and simmer the vegetables for 2 minutes.
- Now you can add the mushrooms and onions in a pot, cover with the second layer of potatoes.
- Close the pot with a lid or foil and put it in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees, for 15 minutes.
- Remove the finished dish from the oven, sprinkle with parsley and serve to the table. Enjoy your meal!
Oyster mushrooms - a versatile product. They can be cooked and fried, baked and stewed with vegetables, and even make a salad from them. Which dish to choose, it's up to you. We hope that our recipes come to your liking.