Onion rings in batter - one of the most budget snacks for beer. A simple masterpiece, always present in the menu of any beer establishment. Cheap, simple and contagious, like seeds, food. These light and crispy rings - it’s just impossible to stop eating them! How to cook onion rings? You need only two secret ingredients!
Ring by Ring
It so happened that onion rings are served with beer. Which, however, does not limit the “radius” of their consumption at all: even the children eat these crisp rings for both cheeks. And they sometimes very great help out the hostess, in which suddenly comes the crisis of the culinary genre. It happens with us when a tired fantasy is exhausted along with stocks of products.
But the bow is always in the house! True, you still have to stand at the stove. Because even the most capacious pan can roast no more than 7-8 rings at a time. But on the way out we get a huge dish of excellent snacks, and practically “from nothing”.
Not only to beer!
Onion rings in batter served not only as an independent snack. They can be used as an additional side dish to meat. But only if it is not very fat in itself, otherwise brute force will happen. You can serve onion rings to white fish, and you can - in combination with cheese of different varieties.
The main thing is to stop in time!
One has only to begin to “grumble” onion rings - and it can be very difficult to stop. It would have crunched! However, it should be warned that the appetizer turns out very high in calories. Moreover, it is fatty, which can provoke any accompanying sores. Therefore, do not be greedy and do not lean heavily on the delicious rings. Share with others! If this is a beer snack, then a large plate is enough for 10 people.
Onion rings in batter - a traditional recipe with a photo
- 4 small bulbs;
- 1/2 Art. wheat flour;
- 2 eggs;
- 1 tbsp. l vegetable oil;
- 1/4 tsp salts;
- pepper, any spices;
- 100 ml of milk or water (may enter less).
- Start cooking not with onions, but with batter. This will allow him to stand for at least a few minutes to swell. To do this, pour the flour in a deep bowl, mix with salt. After that add vegetable oil and eggs. If you have time, it is better to first add the yolks.
- Add milk, spices, cover with foil and set aside.
- Peel the onion without disturbing its integrity. Cut in wide circles. Disconnect the rings. If the vegetable has allocated a lot of juice. blot dry.
- Beat the protein separately (if there is no time, you can put the eggs all at once).
- Mix protein with dough.
- Put the pan on a large fire and heat it well with oil.
- Put onion rings in batter and mix well. The batter must be of such a consistency that it rests on the rings, and does not flow down. You can pre-roll the rings in flour.
- Dip in the oil in the pan and fry, turning. The ring in the pan should not be in contact with each other!
- When removing the finished rings with tongs, place them on a paper towel to remove excess fat.
How to cook onion rings in beer batter?
The use of klyar on the basis of beer makes the rings more lush and piquant. If you are preparing onion rings for beer as a snack, this recipe will be most preferred.
- 3 onions;
- 3/4 Art. beer;
- 150 g of flour;
- 1 egg;
- vegetable oil;
- salt pepper.
- In a bowl, pour the beer, add the egg. Mix well. Note: you can not lay an egg - then the beer will need to take a whole glass.
- Gradually add flour to the beer, kneading well. Avoid the formation of lumps.
- Add salt, pepper.
- Onions cut into rings. Drain.
- Put rings in batter and fry in a hot pan in vegetable oil. Putting ringlets so that they do not touch.
- Put the finished rings on a napkin to remove excess oil.
Cheese breaded onion rings, baked in the oven
This recipe is good because onion rings are not so fat as they are not fried in oil. Cheese, hot pepper and spicy breading - a completely different taste!
- 3 onions;
- 1 tbsp. wheat flour;
- 3 sec. l shrimp bread crumbs (these bread crumbs have a more beautiful texture);
- 50 g of hard, sharp cheese;
- salt, red pepper, dried oregano; some water or beer.
- Half of the flour diluted with a small amount of water or beer. It should make a thick dough (batter).
- Onions cut into rings.
- In a separate bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with finely grated cheese. Add salt, red pepper and oregano.
- Pour the remaining flour in a paper bag. There also fall asleep onion rings. Carefully turn the bag over so that the onion is evenly covered with flour.
- Baking form cover with parchment paper.
- Flour sprinkled rings plunge into batter and then roll in cheese breading. Spread on the parchment form.
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Put the form with onion rings and bake for about 20 minutes.
Onion Ring Sauces
Serving onion rings are best, of course, with the sauce. To no worse than in a pub pub! Sauces can be served anywhere from ordinary ketchup and its mixture with mayonnaise to complex spicy compositions.
In turn, the same ketchup and mayonnaise can also be prepared by yourself. But let's think of a more interesting sauce for our little rings!
Cream sauce for onion rings a la burger king
- 120 g of light mayonnaise;
- 1.5 Art. l ketchup;
- 1.5 Art. l table horseradish;
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice;
- 1/2 tsp Sahara;
- 1/4 tsp hot cayenne pepper.
Cooking is to mix all the ingredients and briefly put the sauce in the fridge.
Sweet and sour complex sauce for onion rings
- 1/2 onion;
- 2 tooth. garlic;
- 1 cm of ginger root of medium thickness;
- 2 tbsp. l soy sauce;
- 2 tbsp. l white wine;
- 1 tbsp. l apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Art. juice (apple, citrus or grape);
- 1 tbsp. l ketchup;
- 1 tsp. brown sugar;
- 1 tbsp. l starch.
This sauce is complex in its composition, but quite simple to prepare.
- Cut onions, ginger and garlic as small as possible. Fry lightly in vegetable oil.
- Mix wine, soy sauce, vinegar, juice and ketchup in a saucepan. Add sugar and put on fire.
- Put fried vegetables into the mixture and heat to boiling.
- Dissolve starch in water separately. Pour a thin stream into the hot sauce, stirring occasionally. Heat until thick. You can boil a little over low heat, avoiding vigorous boiling.
- Ready sauce can be drained, but it is not necessary. Serve chilled.
As you can see, everything is simple and simple. And how sometimes help out these recipes! For example, guests came, and the refrigerator is empty. An efficient hostess will always be able to avoid such a catastrophe if she has the art of turning banal products into something superb. Onion rings in batter - a recipe that you should definitely take note of!