Oatmeal is not only a nutritious and healthy breakfast, but also a guarantee of a good start to the day. Each hostess has her own special method of cooking this wonderful dish and claims that her way is the only correct one. And nevertheless how to cook porridge on milk? Should I add water and any other ingredients? Everything, of course, depends on your preferences.
Having tried to cook oatmeal using the recipes suggested in this article, you can find your favorite combination of ingredients.
How to cook oatmeal on milk: tips from experienced hostesses
To oatmeal did not turn out like a milk soup, or, conversely, too hard, you need to know how to cook it. Tasty oatmeal without much effort and cost will be obtained subject to certain rules:
- Do you want to end up with a tender and tasty porridge, give preference to detailed oatmeal, rather than instant mixes.
- To determine how much to cook oatmeal on milk, you need to strictly follow the recipe or cooking instructions on the package. The thinner the flakes, the less time it takes to prepare the dish.
- Oatmeal will be nourishing and tasty, if water is replaced with milk, cream or juice.
- The proportion of grains of oatmeal should exceed the liquid twice.
- If you use coarse varieties of oatmeal, then it is better to pre-soak in milk.
Not only diversify the taste of the dish, but also to enrich the porridge with vitamins and trace elements will help here are some simple ingredients:
- fresh and dried fruits, berries and jam from them;
- various nuts and seeds: sesame, walnuts and hazelnuts, peanuts, almonds, hazelnuts;
- sweet syrups: honey, sugar;
- spices and fragrant spices: cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg;
- poultry meat and fried mushrooms.
Oatmeal with banana sauce
If you have not loved such porridge before this day, be sure to try cooking oatmeal in milk with banana sauce. This charming porridge has an incredibly rich taste and is rich in vitamins.
- 2 tbsp. whole milk;
- 1 tbsp. Hercules;
- ¼ tsp salts;
- 2 tbsp. l butter;
- 2 tbsp. l brown sugar (can be replaced with honey);
- 1 banana
- In a saucepan with high sides, you need to boil milk. Carefully ensure that the milk "does not run away."
- Add a little salt and stir well until it is completely dissolved.
- Continuing to stir milk, add oatmeal.
- Now you need to reduce the heat to a minimum and boil oatmeal for 10-15 minutes.
- As soon as you think the porridge is ready, cover the saucepan with a lid and remove from heat.
- While the oatmeal is still cooked, you can begin to fry walnuts.
- As soon as you get enough roasted and delicious-smelling walnuts, put them on a separate plate.
- In the same pan, where the nuts were just fried, you need to melt the butter and add brown sugar to it.
- Stir until smooth and completely dissolved sugar.
- After the butter and sugar begins to bubble in the pan, add the sliced banana there and leave to fry for a few minutes.
- After the time has elapsed, turn the pieces of bananas over so that the other side will browse.
- When the banana is sufficiently fried, turn off the hotplate and add walnuts to the pan.
- Put one spoonful of fruit with sugar on the bottom of a deep bowl.
- Top with a few spoons of oatmeal and decorate it with the remaining bananas.
- Before you start eating, be sure to mix the contents of the plate. Enjoy your meal!
Recipe for oatmeal on milk and water
Porridge made from whole grains of oatmeal is cooked a little longer than regular cereal. But taste and utility is not inferior, and even surpasses the usual Hercules. You can easily make such oatmeal on milk with water, mixing these ingredients in equal proportions.
- 3 tbsp. water with milk;
- 1 tbsp. coarse grains of oatmeal;
- ¼ tsp salt.
- Pour the milk with water in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Constantly stirring, add oat grains to boiling water. Add a little salt and stir everything again.
- Bring to a boil, but be careful, as the porridge can "run away."
- After the oatmeal boils, reduce the heat of the burner to a minimum.
- Let the oatmeal cook for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- The finished oatmeal should be quite thick consistency and smoothly crawl from the spoon.
- Put the porridge on a plate and sprinkle with a piece of butter.
- Optionally, you can slightly suck the dish or add your favorite fruit to it. Enjoy your meal!
Cook oatmeal correctly: recipe porridge for children
Oatmeal for children is prepared in a slightly different way: various fruits and sugar syrups are added to it. For very small babies, the oatmeal is ground to flour in a blender. Older kids can serve porridge from ordinary Hercules. Deliciously cooked and beautifully decorated oatmeal will be your child's favorite breakfast.
- ¼ Art. oat flakes "Hercules";
- 1 tbsp. milk;
- 1 medium apple;
- ½ or ¼ Art. l ghee.
- If you cook porridge for the baby, then grind the oatmeal in a blender. For a child from 1 year do not need to do this.
- To soften the oat flakes a bit, pour them with warm milk for 10 minutes.
- After a time on medium heat, bring the gruel to a boil and boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In the meantime, oatmeal is boiled, wash the apple and peel it.
- For very young children, chop the apple to a state of mashed potatoes in a blender or meat grinder. For older children, you can simply grate the fruit.
- When the porridge thickens, add apple sweetener and ghee.
- Mix well and cover the saucepan with a lid. Turn off the burner and give the oatmeal a little rest and gain apple flavor.
- Children from 1 year old before decorating serving fruit decorate with fruit. Enjoy your meal!
As you can see, cooking porridge is quite simple. After studying the basics of cooking and precisely observing the proportions indicated in the recipe, you can make a delicious and full breakfast for the whole family today.