Mackerel in the oven, baked in company with potatoes or other vegetables, is a very tasty and flavorful dish. To make it, you do not need a lot of time: the fish is baked for half an hour. And even if the guests are on the doorstep, you will always have time to recite and make them happy. How to cook mackerel in the oven with potatoes is especially tasty?
Secrets of preparation and cooking
Mackerel is a very fatty fish. In combination with potatoes, it gives a hearty dish that looks solemn, although it is cooked easily. Main products can be combined with additional ingredients. The small fish gets refined taste in an environment of pepper, tomatoes, mushrooms. It can be slightly sprinkled with cheese at the end of cooking.
Mackerel, baked in the oven with potatoes, requires compliance with simple rules at the stage of preparation of products. The fish should be thawed, the tail, head, fins should be separated, all black films removed and washed well. It is best to bake the carcass by cutting them into several pieces and placing lemon slices between them.
Before you cook the mackerel in the oven with vegetables, the ingredients for the garnish should be cleaned, washed, cut into large slices. If you send all this company to the sleeve, then the vegetables during baking will be soaked with fatty fish juice and will get a tempting aroma.
Here are some more features of roasting mackerel:
- 10 minutes before sending the dish to the oven, the fish is well marinated in spices and garlic.
- If you are baking the carcass in foil, turn it around 5-10 minutes before the meal is ready so that the dish will brown.
- Since potatoes require more time for baking, it can be boiled a little before being sent to the oven.
- In vegetables it is good to put a little ghee.
Now let's get started.
A simple recipe for mackerel with potatoes
Consider how to cook mackerel in the oven in foil with potatoes, for example, this recipe with a photo. It is desirable that the foil sheet is solid, otherwise the juice from the carcass will flow out during the heat treatment process. If there is no such material in the house, you can make fish directly on the baking sheet or in a baking bag.
- 2 small carcasses of mackerel;
- 2-3 potatoes;
- 1 onion and carrots;
- mayonnaise or vegetable oil;
- Prepare mackerel and vegetables as described above.
- Salt and pepper grate fish carcass inside and out.
- Optionally, you can grease mackerel with mayonnaise or sunflower oil. However, this fish is oily, and you should not abuse the addition of excess fat-containing products.
- Spread a sheet of foil. Put a fish on it.
- Under the carcass or around it spread out the slices of vegetables.
- Wrap the fish thoroughly, put it on a baking sheet and send it to the oven.
- Oven by this time should be heated to 210-230 degrees. When you put a mackerel in it, the temperature should be immediately reduced to 200 degrees.
- After 10 minutes, reduce the temperature by another 10-20 degrees and continue to bake for half an hour.
- The readiness of the fish can be determined by the smell, which will begin to fill the room. Decorate the dish with greens and serve.
Mackerel in foil with potatoes in the oven - a classic dish with this fish in the lead role. But it can be varied, if you add other vegetables, mushrooms and cheese.
With tomatoes and cheese
The fish in this recipe is tender and savory, and grated cheese powder adds a bit of refinement to its taste.
- 1 mackerel carcass;
- 1 onion;
- 1 tomato;
- 1 lemon;
- 200 grams of cheese;
- Prepare the mackerel carcass.
- Squeeze juice from a lemon and rub it with fish. You can pre-add salt and spices to the juice.
- Cut the onion and tomato into slices. Stuff the carcass with vegetables.
- Grate cheese and send to the filling.
- Straighten a sheet of foil. Spread the fish on it and wrap the edges.
- Put in a preheated oven for half an hour and bake at 190 degrees.
- Before serving, unfold the foil, shift the fish to a tray or a wide dish and sprinkle with chopped greens.
With potatoes and other vegetables
How to cook mackerel in the oven, not only with potatoes, but also with other vegetables? This version of the dish is useful if you like the traditional recipe, but you want to enrich and diversify it a little.
- 1 large mackerel carcass;
- 1 sweet pepper;
- 1 tomato;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 potato;
- 1 onion;
- 1 lemon;
- Treat the prepared and well washed carcass with lemon juice, salt and spices.
- Peel vegetables, wash and chop them into rings.
- Stuff the belly of the fish with carrots, peppers and onions.
- Put the mackerel on a baking sheet. You can wrap it in a sheet of foil.
- Potatoes spread out on the sides.
- Cook at 190 degrees for half an hour.
- When the fish is baked, remove it, put it on the dish and decorate with greens.
With potatoes and mushrooms
- 1 mackerel;
- 1 kg of potatoes;
- 1 onion;
- 0.4 kg of mushrooms;
- 0.5 lemon;
- 0.2 liters of sour cream;
- 0.2 kg of cheese;
- Wash and dry mushrooms.
- Chop the onion.
- Fry the onions in the pan with the mushrooms.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into strips.
- Mix potatoes with sour cream.
- Add fried mushrooms to the garnish.
- Place potato mixture on a baking sheet and mackerel on top.
- Lemon cut into slices and also placed on top.
- Send the baking tray to the oven and bake at 190 degrees for half an hour.
- 5-7 minutes before being ready to grate the cheese and sprinkle the dish with it.
- Decorate with greens and present to the table.
Mackerel with potatoes and optionally - with other vegetables - a very quick and at the same time satisfying and flavorful dish. It can be prepared both for a holiday, and in weekdays. And the variations of fish food can be very different - there is where to roam culinary fantasy!