Liver pate - a product of relatively low calorie and high nutritional value. This is an excellent addition to breakfast and a great preparation for a delicious snack for dinner. A rolled up jar can save a situation with unexpected guests. In other words, the recipe for liver beef liver pate is a real magic wand for any hostess!
About the benefits and diversity
Should I dwell on the benefits of beef liver? This by-product is present in most diets, and not only "slimming", but also therapeutic. In the diet of people suffering from anemia, beef liver - product number 1. Small amount of fat, ability to positively influence metabolism, rich in folic acid ... - the list goes on.
However, not everyone is ready to eat dishes in which the liver is present "solo". You won't add it to the soup either. As for the pate, its presence is appropriate on almost every table. Moreover, many perceive beef liver exclusively in the form of this dish.
There are many recipes for making beef liver pate. And the differences in them can be significant. In this case, the final product will also be radically different. One paste can be spread on bread, and the other can be cut, like cheese or sausage. One can be dietary, low-fat, a piece of the other - to give a solid portion of calories and saturate for half a day.
We offer you several choices of liver beef liver recipes. This will give you the opportunity to make your own choice, based on your goals and objectives.
The classic recipe for liver beef liver pate with photo
- 400 g beef (preferably calf) liver;
- 1 medium onion;
- 1 tbsp. milk;
- 1 tbsp. l butter;
- 2 slices of loaf;
- 1 medium carrot;
- cooking oil for frying;
- salt, pepper, spices.
The main component of success is to choose the right liver. The best option, if she is young, calf. You can determine this by color. Such a liver has a paler, almost pink color. The film may sometimes have a gray or purple hue. Even if you take a liver of a not young calf, see that it is not uneven and not too dark brown.
- Liver should be cleaned from films and thick vessels. Cut into small pieces, convenient for frying.
- Peel and grate carrots.
- Peel and chop the onion. How you cut it doesn't matter.
- Onions and carrots fry in vegetable oil until soft.
- Fry sliced pieces in vegetable oil over low heat. 5 minutes will be enough for this, otherwise the liver will become stiff. All the spices you want to add to the pate can be put at this stage. At the very end add salt.
- Fold in a bowl fried liver. Add there overdone vegetables and loaf. Baton can be added slices, can be broken into several pieces. To mix everything. Cover with a lid and leave to cool.
- Load cold mass into a blender or combine and chop. If this equipment in your kitchen is not, skip everything through the meat grinder.
- Pour the milk into the resulting mass (in portions). Estimate by density. If the mass is turned with difficulty, the amount of milk can be increased. Instead of an additional portion of milk, you can add 1-2 tbsp. l sour cream or liquid released during frying.
- At the very end add softened butter.
- We spread out heat-resistant form with parchment paper, lightly grease it (paper) with vegetable oil and spread the paste in it.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 200 ° C.
Tip: if you do not want to heat the liver again, you can not bake the mass. In this case, you do not need to add milk and you have to control the liver, bringing it to readiness when frying. On the cut, it should be a uniform color.
In this case, after grinding the paste is ready for use. It can not be cut with a knife, but it is perfect for sandwiches and all kinds of snacks.
Add some meat to liver pate.
In this recipe, the pie is obtained more dense and more caloric, because it uses high-fat pork. But it has a richer taste (and they simply say it will taste better). And it has much less liver taste. Such a beef liver pate at home is recommended for those who do not like the pronounced taste of the by-product.
- 400 g of beef liver;
- 700-800 grams of fat pork. If the pork is lean, you can replace the meat with fresh bacon;
- 5 eggs;
- 3 onions;
- salt, pepper, spices.
- Cut the liver into large pieces and lightly boil without salt.
- Boil the boiled liver, meat and onions through the meat grinder 1 time.
- Add eggs and spices. Stir well.
- Bake in a form covered with parchment paper and oiled. Baking time about 50 minutes at 200-220C. Ready pate redden a little on top.
How to make beef liver pate for future use?
Prepare for future use can be plowed, prepared according to any recipe, except for the cold method. Milk should be excluded from the composition. Exclusion from the ingredients of eggs is considered a controversial issue. Therefore, it is possible to roll pate with and without the inclusion of eggs.
After kneading the paste according to the previous recipes, it is laid out not in the form, but immediately into clean, dry small jars. Optimally - a volume of 0.5-0.7 l. Banks are placed in a cold oven on a baking sheet. Baked product 1-1.5 hours, depending on the volume of cans at a temperature of 180-200C. Roll covers need to immediately.
If the pate is stored in the refrigerator, you can use the usual tight lids. To increase the shelf life from above, such a billet is poured with a small layer of pork fat.
Ready meat pate can be rolled out with sausage and packed in cling film. Sausages are best done in size for one use, so as not to refreeze the product. Having got it from the freezer in the evening, in the morning you will have fresh pate for breakfast.
Liver pate with additives
Additional ingredients can be included in the composition of liver pate ready for roasting. Often, cereals and nuts are used for this purpose, ready-made muesli can be added. A good company for beef pate - pistachios and minced meat, as well as chopped egg and greens. In the latter case, the pate should be eaten immediately.
Appetizers based on liver beef liver pate are represented by a large number of recipes. For example, by mixing it with boiled yolks, you can stuff it with a mixture of eggs or tartlets. Tasty and appetizing option - serving on crackers, bruschetta with leaf salad or in the form of liver rolls in puff pastry. In other words, there would be a pate - and the option of serving it will certainly be found if the task is to present the dish more interesting.
Having in stock a couple of jars of ready-made pâté, you will always be fully armed, if unintentional guests descend upon you. He will replace fast food on the road and help out after a hard working day, which will not leave any strength for the plate. Take these recipes for beef liver paste for service, and you will surely use them more than once.