A person needs to drink up to 2 liters of fluid per day - this rule is known to all. That is why housewives seek to diversify the menu of drinks of their family. Knowing how to cook jelly from starch, you can be sure that you have coped with the task of replenishing the diet, because there are a huge number of recipes for delicious thick broths.
Vintage drink that gives health
Nutritious and dietary, tasty and healthy - this is only a small part of the definitions suitable for the old Russian cuisine - kissel. It has long been one of the most popular drinks in Russia. No wonder several centuries ago people went to jelly, who prepared a decoction based on oats, honey and berry syrups, for jelly. It was rather difficult to repeat such a recipe at home. However, decades passed, and with the beginning of the use of starch, they began to prepare the drink themselves.
What is so valuable kissel? First, those useful substances that are found in the base and starch. And secondly, thanks to the consistency of the drink perfectly envelops the walls of the stomach and normalizes the work of the intestine, which has a beneficial effect on all body systems. So regular use of jelly helps maintain health.
How to cook jelly from berries and starch?
Kissel does not have to be thick, as it was in the old days. Varying the amount of starch, you change the consistency of the drink. Here is the approximate amount of thickener for 1 tbsp. water depending on the purpose:
- 1 full art. l for liquid jelly;
- 2 with top of art. l for semi-liquid consistency;
- 3 tbsp. l., to get a half-drink;
- 4 tbsp. l - and the jelly will be thick;
- 6 tbsp. l for dessert, which can rather be called jelly, and not jelly.
Many novice cooks are wary of kissels because of the lumps that form when starch is added to a drink. But getting rid of this problem is very simple: it is necessary to dilute this substance separately, in a small amount of cold water, and pour it into the jelly in the form of a solution. Then no lumps will not prevent to cook a tasty drink, for example, from berries. Sweet or sour fruits are considered classics of the genre in the preparation of jelly. This may be viburnum, cherry, cranberry, black aprons, etc.
- 250 g of any berries;
- 1 tbsp. white sugar;
- 3 tbsp. l starch;
- 1 l of filtered water.
- Wash the berries with running water and squeeze the juice out of them.
- Fill the resulting mass with water, set on fire and boil for 5-7 minutes.
- Strain the cake, throw out the cake, and again put the broth on medium heat. Bring to a boil, sugar.
- In a bowl, dilute the starch with cold water.
- Pour the solution and juice of berries in boiling compote.
- After boiling, turn off and let cool slightly. The drink is ready.
Delicious jelly jelly
Did you know that jelly is not only a drink, but also a delicious sauce for porridge and casseroles? Especially if you cook it from jam.
- 2 l of filtered water;
- 4 tbsp. l starch;
- white sugar (to taste);
- raspberry or any other jam (to taste).
- Boil water and add jam to it. If it is with small bones (for example, crimson), then it needs to be pressed. To do this, pull the gauze on the bowl and pour the jam. Then we fold the bag and squeeze the berries.
- Decoction saccharine.
- In ½ st. cold water we dissolve starch.
- Pour the solution on the walls of the pan and stir the jelly.
- After boiling off.
Such a drink can not only be drunk, but also used as a sweet gravy for dessert dishes, especially if you add 1 tbsp. l starch more.
Useful compote jelly
On the eve of spring and summer, and therefore, the new season of fresh berries and fruits, the relevance of compotes brewed for the winter decreases. But it is still possible to find an application for them - cook a tasty and healthy jelly.
- 3 liters of any compote;
- 3 tbsp. l starch.
- Pour compote into the pan, leaving 1 tbsp. drink for breeding starch, and put on a slow fire.
- Pour the starch in a glass, stir until smooth.
- In a boiling compote slowly pour the solution, stirring constantly.
- Cook until boiling and turn off. Compote drink is ready.
If suddenly you overdo it with the thickness of the drink, then pay attention: the longer the jelly stands on the fire, the more liquid it becomes.
Milk Jelly for Kids
Milk jelly is one of the simplest and most common recipes for a drink. But few people know that in such a decoction you can add berries, fruits, as well as lemon juice to enhance the taste.
- 500 ml low-fat milk;
- 3 tbsp. l starch;
- 2 tbsp. l white sugar;
- 1 tsp. vanilla.
- Pour some milk into a bowl, pour sugar, vanilla and starch into it, mix well.
- Milk put on a slow fire and bring to a boil.
- Pour in starch solution, stir the drink until it begins to thicken.
- Remove the jelly from the heat and let cool.
In the Arabic cuisine, the kissel has a distant relative - sahleb. Only preparing this drink with raisins and coconut. The Russian version of this milk jelly can be supplemented with cinnamon.
- 1 liter nonfat milk;
- 100 g raisins;
- ½ tbsp. white sugar;
- 2 tsp. vanilla;
- 1 tsp. small coconut shavings;
- 2 tbsp. l starch;
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Fill the raisins with cold water and leave for 20 minutes.
- Pour sugar and vanilla into slightly warmed milk.
- Pour starch into a glass of water, stir well.
- Starch mixture pour into the milk.
- Add raisins and mix to the desired consistency.
- Cool the drink, sprinkle with cinnamon and coconut chips.
There are many ways to describe how to cook starch jelly. At the same time, supplements can be varied to your own taste - just like the density of the jelly. It is only important to correctly calculate the amount of starch and dilute it separately from the base. Then you get not only delicious, but also a very beautiful drink.