Vegetables are an excellent source of many vitamins, minerals and other natural compounds that are so necessary for the human body. But here there is a certain minus - fresh these products are available only in the warm season. In winter, individual vegetables become very expensive and not readily available. But since ancient times, people have learned how to harvest products for future use. One of the methods of harvesting is freezing - this is the simplest and at the same time reliable way to preserve nutrients in vegetables.
In addition, it is during freezing that the composition of vegetables undergoes the least change. During drying and preservation, they are exposed to high temperatures, and this kills a lot of nutrients.
The characteristics of frozen vegetables are not much different from fresh produce. In the food industry, they are called culinary semi-finished product or product that has a high biological value.
For the preparation of most types of frozen vegetables, fast freezing technology is used. At the same time, they retain almost all important elements in their chemical composition. Nowadays, the food industry produces many types of frozen vegetables and vegetable mixes.
How to cook frozen vegetables?
Nowadays, more and more often you can see dishes from frozen vegetables on the tables. But how to cook them properly and tasty? The best way will be boiling.
Boiled vegetables - healthy and tasty!
- Frozen vegetables - 0.5 kg
- Water - 100 g
- Salt, spices - to taste
- Pour water into the pot. If you have corn, peas or string beans, then water should be taken not 100 g, but 2 times more.
- Then you need to salt water and put on fire.
- By the way, vegetables do not need preliminary defrosting. Since they are cold, the process of boiling water will immediately stop, so you need to wait until it starts to boil again.
- If the vegetables are not cooked in individual pieces, they are cooked unevenly. To avoid this, they must be separated from each other with a fork.
- Then seasonings and herbs should be added to the vegetables, fire should be reduced, and the pot itself should be covered with a lid.
- Since quite a bit of water was added, the vegetables are almost steamed, so they retain their shape and color well.
- Cooking time will depend on the type of vegetables. Carrots and zucchini are boiled for about 7 minutes, corn, Chinese beans and peas - 5, and deciduous ones - at all - a couple of minutes.
- After cooking, the vegetables need to be drained and they are ready!
- By the way, if you put frozen vegetables in boiling water, they will retain more vitamins, and adding a couple of drops of lemon juice when cooking will contribute to juiciness and a brighter taste of products.
From frozen vegetables you can cook first courses, hot dishes, side dishes, etc.
- Frozen broccoli - 400 g
- Frozen Brussels Sprouts - 100 g
- Frozen Cauliflower - 100 g
- Frozen carrots - 100 g
- Frozen Green Peas - 50 g
- Frozen Leek - 50 g
- Onions - 2 pcs.
- Sunflower oil - 4 tbsp. l
- Salt, black pepper - to taste
- In a pan with a thick bottom, pour the vegetable oil and fry in it until golden brown sliced onions.
- Pour frozen vegetables into onions, mix, pour ¼ Art. water, salt and pepper.
- Simmer all 20-25 minutes. The dish is ready!
How to cook frozen vegetables in the oven?
Especially delicious are the dishes from frozen vegetables cooked in the oven. They differ juiciness and aroma.
- Chicken fillet - 400 g
- Sour cream 15-% - 4 tbsp. l
- Water - 50 ml
- Frozen vegetables - 1 kg
- Salt, ground pepper, sesame, herbs, herbs - to taste
- First you need to preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Put frozen vegetables in baking dish.
- Then the vegetables must be watered evenly with water.
- Fillet thinly chopped, salt and pepper, add herbs. Top with sour cream and sprinkle with sesame.
- Salt vegetables, and put chicken fillet on top.
- Now you need to put the form in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Before serving, decorate the dish with greens.
Baked vegetables with milk
- String chopped beans - 1 tbsp.
- Mexican mix - 1 tbsp.
- Chicken egg - 3 pcs.
- Milk - 250 ml
- Flour - 1 tbsp. l
- Butter - 2 tbsp. l
- Salt, spices - to taste
- Without defrosting, pour the beans and Mexican mixture into a bowl and pour the same water over it, so that it covers the vegetables around your finger.
- Now you need to send the bowl in the microwave and cook until half cooked.
- Beat the eggs into the milk, add the flour, spices, and salt.
- Mix ingredients until smooth.
- Prepared vegetables pour in a baking dish with butter.
- Now they should be poured with egg-milk mixture and put in a preheated oven until golden brown.
- In this casserole, you can add cheese, smoked meats or seafood, this will give the dish a new taste.
- This casserole is very tasty both hot and cold!
Vegetable assortment English
- Bacon - 1 pack
- Frozen vegetables - 2-3 packages
- Herbs, spices - to taste
- Bacon cut into slices, put in shape and bake in a hot oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Then take out the form with bacon, put vegetables on top, salt and pepper, add herbs and spices, and then put them in the oven again and bake for a few more minutes.
- In order for the dish turned out appetizing crust, you can sprinkle it with grated cheese on top.
- Vegetables - 200 g (assorted or individual beans)
- Pork - 0.5 kg (pulp)
- Champignons (sliced) - 150 g
- Hard cheese - 70 g
- Butter - a couple of pieces
- Salt - to taste
- Beat off the meat to obtain a thin, but not luminous layer, not more than 1 cm thick.
- Fry champignons with vegetables and 1 piece of butter.
- Put fried mushrooms and vegetables on top of the meat, chopped cheese, butter, greens, salt.
- Now you need to roll the meat into a roll and sew up the sides and edges, wrap in foil.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and place roll in it.
- The dish is baked for about 1 hour, cut and served cold.
Cooking frozen vegetables is especially good in winter, because at this time the counters do not shine with an abundance of fresh and high-quality products. The recipes for such dishes are simple, and the result is amazing!