Shrimps are a delicious and healthy seafood that many people love. But not everyone knows how to cook frozen shrimp. In fact, cooking frozen shrimp is not so difficult, it is enough to know certain rules.
Recently, the popularity of shrimp has increased dramatically. Shrimps are used as a standalone dish or snack for wine or beer, and also as an ingredient for various dishes. Shrimps have excellent taste and have many beneficial properties.
Shrimp: the benefits and types
Shrimp is a dietary product with iodine and healthy minerals. Thanks to its healthy qualities and taste, you not only enjoy the wonderful taste of seafood, but also benefit the body.
Shrimps can be cooked in different ways, but the most common way is to simply boil frozen shrimps. Before you start cooking shrimp, you should find out what kind of shrimp you bought. Shrimps are divided into royal, tiger (warm-water) and Atlantic (cold-water). Varieties of shrimp vary in appearance and internal. Thermal shrimp contain less nutrients, and cold-water shrimp is much more useful because they have a large number of useful properties.
Cold-water shrimps are small, and warm-water shrimps are large (they cook a little longer). Frozen shrimp can be served both boiled and raw. Most of the shrimp that are sold in supermarkets are boiled. It is easy to distinguish boiled shrimps from raw ones: boiled shrimps have a pink color, and raw ones have a gray color.
If you bought already boiled frozen shrimps, then it is easy to boil them - just get rid of the ice and give them a warm temperature, so that it would be pleasant to eat.
How to cook shrimp?
The main method of cooking shrimp is cooking.
- Peel the shrimp before cooking and after it. If you are going to cook shrimp in the shell, prepare 4% salt water (for 1 liter of water 2 tablespoons salt), if without shell 2% salt water. On one part of the shrimp take about 3 parts of water.
- Pour water into the pan and salt it. There is enough water to cover the shrimps, and they float freely in it.
- Pour frozen shrimp into a colander and rinse under running water. Due to the washing, some of the ice and mud will be washed off.
- When the water boils, pour the shrimp into the water.
- Shrimps are combined with almost all spices and herbs. Therefore, laurel, cloves, dill, allspice, a piece of lemon, etc. can be added to the water.
- By the time the shrimps are boiled in boiling water for 3-5 minutes (for previously boiled and frozen shrimps) and 7-10 minutes (for fresh-frozen shrimps). Remember, boiled shrimp float to the surface.
- After 7 minutes, remove the pan from the stove and drain the water. Boiled shrimp immersed for 3 minutes in cold water. This is necessary in order to make it easier to remove the shell.
Shrimp ready! They can be served as a separate dish and as a snack.
How much to cook frozen shrimp?
Shrimp meat is tender, so the main thing is not to digest them.
Atlantic (small) shrimps are cooked for about 5 minutes. Royal and tiger shrimps cook a little longer, namely 7 - 10 minutes.
If you digest shrimp, they will have rubber meat. But it is better to digest the shrimp, than not to boil them!
How To Cook Frozen Shrimps: Recipes
How to cook shrimp in beer?
- Shrimp - 700 g
- Bay leaf - 2 pcs.
- Allspice - 2 peas
- Beer - 300 ml
- Salt - 2 tbsp.
- Add spices and salt to boiling water, add beer. As soon as the water with beer boils, throw in the pan shrimp.
- After boiling, the shrimps are cooked for 5 minutes. Then they need to fold in a colander under the cold running water.
Boiled shrimps in milk sauce with onions
- Frozen shrimp - 500 g
- Dill - 1 tbsp.
- Milk - 1 tbsp.
- Water - 0.5 tbsp.
- Butter - 4 tsp.
- Flour - 2 tsp.
- Onions - 3 pcs.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse frozen shrimp under warm water to thaw some of the ice.
- Put the pot of water on the stove, bring to a boil. In boiling water, add chopped dill and salt (2 tablespoons salt for 1 liter of water).
- Throw shrimps into the prepared water. Boil the shrimp until they float to the surface (3-5 minutes).
- After cooking, remove the shrimp from the heat, leave in hot broth for 20 minutes.
- Now proceed to the preparation of milk sauce.
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Fry the onion so that its color does not change.
- Add a little water to the fried onions, cover the pan with a lid and leave until tender.
- Fry the flour without butter, then add the milk to the flour. Add the mixture to the roasted onions, stirring continuously.
- Boil the sauce for 5-7 minutes. Then add salt and pepper to taste. After boiling the sauce, add the butter.
- When serving, put the shrimp on a dish, season with sauce and garnish with greens.
How to serve shrimp?
Often shrimps are served with beer, but this method is not suitable for everyone. Shrimps can be served with vegetable salad, with tomatoes and green salad leaves.
Perfectly boiled shrimps will approach red wine. Shrimp can also be served with lemon water.
How to clean shrimp?
In order not to spoil the cooked shrimp, they need to be properly cleaned. True, many do not know how to do it. It is better to know the sequence of cleaning shrimp, so as not to get into an awkward situation.
- Take the shrimp by the head of the abdomen up.
- Carefully remove the tabs. They are simply removed, so the procedure will not cause you difficulties. Between the legs may be caviar, which can also be eaten.
- After you remove the legs, you can get rid of the head and shell. As soon as you clean the shrimp, it will remain shrimp meat, which you can eat!
That's the whole trick of cooking shrimp. Enjoy your meal!