Practically each of us loves to feast on potatoes, fried until golden brown with delicious and fragrant Provencal spices. French fries are not too healthy dish, and far from dietary. However, we all enjoy eating it. By the way, to taste this delicious side dish, it is not necessary to go to the nearest cafe. We will talk about how to cook french fries at home today.
How to cook french fries at home: basic ways and tips of culinary
As is known, french fries are most often baked in a special container - in a fryer. In the process of cooking in this way, the potatoes literally boil in vegetable oil. If you do not have a fryer, do not despair, as there are several other ways to cook french fries, in particular:
- in the microwave;
- in the slow cooker;
- in the oven.
If you do not have special kitchen utensils, then use the standard and classic version of baking french fries: cook it on a baking sheet in the oven. This dish can be used as a side dish for meat or fish. Very good french fries combined with various vegetables and sauces.
If you decide to cook such a side dish for the first time and treat your household to crispy potatoes, the advice of experienced chefs will help you to make a real masterpiece:
- for the potatoes to roast evenly and turn out crispy, it literally has to boil and sizzle in oil;
- for cooking, it is best to use olive or sunflower refined and deodorized oil, with no additional impurities;
- Salt the dish to be on the plate;
- if you fry fries in a fryer, be sure to ensure that the amount of vegetable oil is four times the mass of potatoes;
- potatoes should first be held in water to get rid of excess starch;
- potatoes must be thoroughly dried with a paper towel and cut into the same bricks; you can use figured knives or special vegetable cutters;
- ready potatoes need to put in a colander to remove residual vegetable oil.
Potato fries in the oven? This is real!
Preparing this dish is quite simple. The main thing is to properly cut the potatoes in portions, so that they resemble bars and have the same size.
- vegetable oil - 2-3 tbsp. l .;
- seasonings - 1 tbsp. l .;
- Potatoes need to be cleaned, thoroughly washed and soaked in water to remove excess starch, and then cut into equal pieces.
- Chopped potatoes should be put in a separate container and mixed with vegetable oil and spices. Each potato cub must necessarily be covered with an oil film.
- The baking sheet should be put in baking paper and put prepared potatoes on it.
- Bake french fries in the oven at a temperature threshold of 250 ° for half an hour.
- During cooking, the potatoes need to be mixed so that it roasts evenly.
- Fry the french fries until ready, and then lay them on plates and salt.
Cooking Crispy Potatoes in the Microwave
If you want to speed up the process of cooking french fries, use a microwave oven for this. Cooking this dish is best in a special dish.
- olive or deodorized sunflower oil.
- Potatoes must be cleaned, thoroughly washed and dried.
- Then the potatoes should be cut into the same sticks, for this purpose it is best to use a vegetable cutter.
- Sliced potatoes need to put in a separate container.
- Then it should be seasoned with spices, add salt and sprinkle with sunflower oil.
- The surface of the dish needs to be covered with baking paper and the potato sticks spread out on it so that they do not touch.
- Cooking should be done at full power in the microwave for 5 minutes.
- Then you need to get the french fries, mix well and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- French fries are best served hot with spices, sauces, meat or fish dishes.
The traditional method of cooking french fries is frying in a deep fryer. Potato sticks literally boil in oil.
- sunflower or olive oil;
- salt and spices.
- Potatoes must be cleaned, thoroughly washed and dried, and then chopped.
- Oil must be preheated in a deep fryer to 150-160 °.
- Put the potatoes, cut into cubes, in a special netted container and immerse in boiled oil.
- Keep the potatoes in boiling oil for about 3-4 minutes.
- Then the grid should be removed and the oil heated to 180-190 °.
- After heating the oil to a set temperature threshold, the french fries should be dipped in a fryer and fry until cooked.
- Ready french fries must be salted and seasoned with spices.
Spicy French Fries in Butter Garlic Sauce
If you want to surprise your household with a spicy dish, then try making french fries fried in oil-garlic sauce. To give the dish an unusual flavor, you need to add chopped greens and seasonings for vegetables.
- garlic cloves;
- vegetable oil;
- fresh or dried greens.
- Potatoes should be peeled, washed and dried thoroughly to remove excess starch and then chopped.
- Sliced potatoes must be put in a separate container.
- To prepare the sauce, you should take a separate bowl or a deep plate, pour a little oil into it and put chopped garlic cloves. Salt, pepper, spices and herbs can be added to the sauce.
- Cooked sauce you need to pour the potatoes and mix everything well.
- On a baking sheet, lightly greased with sunflower oil, in one layer should be put the potatoes in the sauce and put in the oven.
- It is necessary to bake at a temperature threshold of 190-200 ° for at least half an hour.
- Ready french fries should be discarded in a colander to remove any oil residue.
French fries are not considered to be a very useful dish, so too often you should not eat them. It is enough to pamper yourself with such a delicacy once in 2-3 weeks. French fries go well with various spices, sauces, pickles, fresh vegetables, meat and fish dishes. This dish will be a decoration for both everyday and festive table. Enjoy your meal!