All housewives know that properly cooked fish is a delicious and very healthy delicacy. You can cook it in different ways, but especially soft and juicy fish is obtained by baking in foil. And if you add vegetables, herbs and spices, it will be fragrant and appetizing. In this article we would like to tell you how to cook fish in the oven in foil, and share the best recipes.
How to cook fish in the oven in foil: cooking tips
It’s almost impossible to spoil a fish dish, but even here there are some subtleties of cooking. If you are the first time faced with baking fish in foil, then read a few simple rules:
- Every experienced hostess knows that you need to fold the foil with the mirror side inside. This trick allows the fish to bake better.
- To prevent the juice from flowing out, the foil must be rolled up in two or three layers and the fish fillet must be sealed tightly on all sides.
- For baking, it is best to use fresh fish, but if you get frozen product, it will be no less tasty and juicy.
- If you use fish with dry meat, be sure to put a few pieces of butter in the foil.
- Fatty fish varieties will favorably differ in taste if they are marinated in sauce before cooking.
By adhering to these simple tips, you can cook any kind of fish: sea, river, whole or fillet slices. If you bake fish with pieces, then this method allows you to prepare a separate dish for each family member, taking into account individual taste preferences.
We bake juicy fish in the oven: a recipe with photos
- 2 whole bass or perch fishes;
- 2 lemons;
- 6 cloves of fresh garlic;
- a bunch of fresh parsley;
- ground black pepper;
- sea salt.
- Before cooking, the carcass of fish must be thoroughly washed, peeled, removed inside and dried with a paper towel.
- Spread a sheet of foil on a baking sheet, which should be wide enough to wrap all the fish later.
- Place the perch carcasses on a baking tray parallel to each other.
- Then insert 3 slices of lemon into the abdomen of each fish. Lemons should be washed and cut into rings.
- Pass the garlic through the crush and generously spread the perch fillet on top of it, salt and pepper to taste.
- Wash the parsley stalks, shake well to get rid of excess moisture, and separate the hands into pieces.
- Put the parsley in a chaotic manner on the fish, do not forget to add a few sprigs inside the perch.
- It is necessary to squeeze the juice from the remaining lemon and slightly sprinkle each fish.
- Now add a few pieces of butter and close the carcasses with foil by wrapping.
- Put the tray in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- After the time, you need to turn the fish and you can serve it on the table along with the tubers of new potatoes and beans.
Features of cooking red fish in foil
- any red fish fillet;
- juice of one lemon;
- sunflower oil;
- ground black pepper.
- The first step is to preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Fillet of salmon (or other fish) thoroughly washed with water and dried with paper napkins.
- Prepared fish are generously rubbed with salt, pepper and lightly sprinkled with olive oil.
- Cover the special baking dish or roaster with foil and lay the salmon fillet on it with the skin down.
- From above water we pour over juice of half of a lemon and we close with a foil.
- We bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish fillet.
- The finished dish is served in the form of heat, on the side dish you can cook vegetables or rice.
Assorted fish and vegetables
- 1.5 kg of cod;
- 2-4 Art. l butter;
- 2 large sliced onions;
- 3-4 grated carrots;
- 2-3 celery stalks;
- 4 sliced tomatoes;
- 2 small bell peppers;
- 3 garlic cloves;
- pepper and salt;
- 1-2 tbsp. l mayonnaise or sour cream;
- ½ - 1 tbsp. l fresh parsley, dill and basil.
- Cut the fish into small pieces and blot with a paper towel to remove excess fat and moisture.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over high heat. Since butter is very tender in its structure, it is necessary to ensure that it does not burn.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper, and then fry on both sides for 2 minutes until half cooked and remove into separate dishes.
- We start to roast vegetables, but before that we turn on the oven to warm up.
- Add the second portion of butter to the roaster and fry the onions on it until transparent.
- Now you need to add carrots, celery, sweet peppers, tomatoes and garlic to the onions, salt and pepper well. We continue to stew vegetables for another 10-12 minutes.
- Once the vegetable platter has been removed from the heat, finely chopped greens should be added.
- We fill the baking pan with foil and spread the vegetable pillow evenly along the bottom.
- On top of the vegetables place a layer of fish. If you still have some fried vegetables, then you can cover the fish fillet on top.
- Cover the dish with a thin layer of mayonnaise or sour cream and remove to the oven for 40-50 minutes.
- Baked fish with vegetables can be served as a separate dish, as well as adding a potato side dish.
The fish prepared according to our recipes will turn out very tasty and fragrant. Having tried this dish once, you will always remember this amazing and unforgettable taste. Be sure to please yourself and your household with baked fish in foil in the oven and enjoy your meal!