Drying is a great way to preserve mushrooms for a long time. Its advantage is that the product retains all its beneficial properties and nutritional value. Experienced mushroom pickers know that not all types of mushrooms can be dried. How to cook dried mushrooms, we will tell in our article.
What can be cooked from dried mushrooms?
In order to master the features of cooking dried mushrooms, you do not need to be an avid mushroom picker. In this form, they are sold in many culinary departments. Pre-dried mushrooms must be soaked in water. Then they can be boiled or fried.
Dried mushrooms can be used to prepare many delicious, mouth-watering and savory dishes, for example:
- cream soup;
- stewed potatoes;
- mushroom salad;
- vegetable stew;
- rice with vegetables;
- mushroom pies;
- stewed turkey;
- stuffed duck, etc.
Very tasty and fragrant is mushroom sauce, which can be seasoned with garnish and meat dishes. Dried mushrooms perfectly complement borscht and cabbage soup. Add them to the browned vegetables and fill them with any first course at your discretion.
Delicious and nutritious soup
Mushroom soup will be a great first course. Dried mushrooms will give it a delicate taste and aroma. How to cook the soup of dried mushrooms? To make the soup nutritious and tender, you can add grated durum cheese. Some housewives add processed cheese and boiled eggs.
- 100 g of any dried mushrooms;
- 1 onion;
- 1 carrot;
- small vermicelli - about 1/3 cent .;
- 1 garlic clove;
- 3-4 potatoes;
- salt and pepper mix.
- Dried mushrooms lay out in a deep container and pour cold water.
- As such, the mushrooms should infuse for 30-40 minutes.
- Then gently remove them with a slotted spoon from the water, which we use to boil the soup.
- Boil the mushrooms for half an hour, and then lay them in a separate bowl.
- Peel carrots and onions and finely chop them.
- Passe vegetables in vegetable oil and add finely chopped garlic.
- Boiled mushrooms cut and lay out in a pan, add the mixture of peppers and a little salt. Pass along with vegetables for about 7-10 minutes.
- Peel potatoes and chop them into cubes.
- Put the sliced potatoes in broth.
- When the potatoes are almost ready, add to the soup any small noodles at their discretion.
- Then we lay out the steamed vegetables in the soup.
- Ready soup is poured into plates, seasoned with fresh herbs and sour cream in accordance with personal taste preferences.
Festive snack in minutes
As already mentioned, a huge variety of dishes can be prepared from dried mushrooms. Very tasty and aromatic casserole. It can be an excellent side dish for meat or act as an independent dish. How else can you make dried porcini mushrooms? If you want to surprise your guests or pamper the household, try adding such mushrooms to the salad. It is prepared in minutes.
- white dried mushrooms - 200 g;
- 1 carrot;
- onion head;
- green canned peas - 1 b .;
- vegetable oil, salt and seasonings - to taste.
- Dried mushrooms should pour boiling water. After swelling, they must be moved to a saucepan and boiled until fully cooked.
- Carrots and onions should be peeled, cut into small pieces and browned in vegetable oil.
- In the salad bowl should be put passerovannye vegetables, chopped boiled mushrooms.
- With canned peas you need to drain the juice and also add it to the salad.
- All components should be mixed and seasoned to taste with salt, spices and vegetable oil.
How to cook dried mushrooms with potatoes?
Very nourishing, nutritious and fragrant it turns out a dish of potatoes and dried mushrooms. You can use any mushrooms, but it is better to give preference to white. This dish is cooked in a pan, and then stewed in an oven. To give the potatoes a savory taste instead of fresh carrots, you can use Korean.
- 10 potatoes;
- white dried mushrooms - 150-200 g;
- 2 carrots;
- olive oil for roasting;
- cool boiling water - 250 ml;
- 4 tbsp. l soy sauce;
- salt and seasonings.
- Dried mushrooms lay out in a deep container and fill with water. Leave them to soften for about a couple of hours.
- After this time, thoroughly wash the mushrooms and chop them into pieces.
- Peel carrots and rub.
- On hot olive oil, fry carrots and mushrooms until fully cooked.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into large pieces.
- Put the potatoes in a pan with mushrooms and mix everything well.
- In the potatoes add boiling water, soy sauce, salt and seasoning in accordance with personal taste preferences.
- In the preheated oven to a temperature mark of 180 ° send the pan with potatoes and mushrooms.
- Stew the dish in a sealed container for half an hour.
- The finished dish is seasoned with greens and served to the table.
If you chose dried mushrooms for cooking, do not forget to carefully soak them in water beforehand. Each type of mushroom requires a certain amount of time to soften. The most common variety - white mushrooms, half an hour is enough. Add dried mushrooms in first courses, salads, snacks, side dishes. Experienced chefs recommend making meat rolls with them. Enjoy your meal!