Primitive man lived in a cave and was engaged in collecting. The habit of collecting and storing is preserved to our time. What can compensate for the lack of vitamins and maintain health in the winter when there is not enough fresh fruit? The dried fruits harvested from the summer will help. You can make a delicious and healthy drink from them. How to cook dried fruit compote?
How many minutes to cook dried fruit compote, and on what time does it depend?
Fresh fruits, depending on the type and variety, contain a lot of water. After drying, approximately one fourth of the feed remains. Such removal of water from fruits leads to an increase in the concentration of nutrients, especially glucose and fructose. Thus, in a dry product contains from 50 to 70% of sugars, and this is very much. As a result of their concentration at the use of dried fruits, the appearance of bloating or abdominal pain is possible, which is explained by the process of fermentation of saccharides.
Dried fruits will be much easier to digest if they are soaked before cooking. Such an operation will allow us, firstly, to make dried fruits softer, and secondly, to remove extra calories. For example, 100 g of dried apricots contain as many calories as 500 g of fresh apricots. The soaking process can take from 30 minutes to several hours. As a result, the water turns brown and absorbs excess sugar.
Depending on how rich and sweet you are planning to get compote, this infused water can be used to prepare it in full or only part of it. How much to cook dried fruit compote after boiling depends on the type, variety and quality of the fruit you choose, as well as on the degree of their drying:
- dried pears or apples are boiled for about 30 minutes;
- compote from cherries, plums or apricots will take no more than 10-15 minutes;
- if you want to add raisins to the compote, then keep in mind that it needs only 5 minutes to cook, therefore it is better to lay it at the end of the cooking process.
The finished compote of dried fruits should be of a saturated color, but at the same time preserve transparency, so make sure that the drying does not boil soft. Moreover, in general, it will retain more vitamins, especially group B, and useful elements, such as iron, magnesium, and potassium. Your drink should be moderately sweet and slightly sour.
Prepare a compote of dried fruit is easy. If you follow these simple rules, you will delight your loved ones with a tasty and healthy drink:
- You will need dried berries or fruits of the same type, for example, apples or pears, but it is better to use their mixture. Then the drink will be more fragrant, vitamin and tasteful platter.
- To clean the dried fruits, pour boiling water over them, and then rinse in cold water.
- You can not add sugar, but if you like a very sweet compote, then you need to consider what kind of fruit you use. If pears and apples, then sugar will need a little. If apricots, then a little more, since they themselves are sour. And yet, before adding sugar, it is better to taste the drink, especially since it is added to boiling compote when the sugars from the fruit dissolve in water.
- To give the compote different flavors, you can add zest, cloves, cinnamon and other spices.
There are many recipes for the preparation of dried fruit compote. Here are some of them.
Classic compote of dried fruits without sugar
- dried quince;
- dried apricots;
- dried bananas.
- Dried fruits are taken from the calculation so that they do not exceed ½ the volume of the stew pan.
- The volume of water - 2 liters per cup of dried fruit.
- Separately, bring the water to a boil and add drying, then keep the pot on low heat for 20-25 minutes.
The old recipe Varenuhi
In the old days Varenukha was prepared on a decoction of dried berries and fruits for family and ceremonial holidays.
- First you need to make a decoction. For him, we take dried apples, apricots, pears, plums - only 600 g.
- Rinse well dried fruits and fill with boiled warm water - 5 liters. Leave for 6 hours to insist.
- Add 250 g of sugar, mix well, so that it dissolves, and put on the stove.
- How much time to cook compote from dried fruits, we will be guided by ingredients that require more heat treatment. So we are apples and pears. But in the case of varenuha, we keep the drink on the stove not until complete readiness, but 10 minutes less, which means that we will cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Then we strain the broth, add 250 g of honey and spices: bay leaf, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, cardamom - 5 g each.
- Once again we put on the stove and boil for 10-15 minutes, then filter and let it brew for 4-5 hours.
Immediately I must say that the drink is quite sweet and high in calories.
Sweet Breakfast Recipe
- dried apricots - 200 g;
- mango - 200 g;
- raisins - 100 g;
- orange juice - 150 ml;
- honey - 80 g;
- ½ lemon;
- orange and lemon peel;
- Cinnamon, cloves, anise - to taste.
- Fill the dried apricots, mango and raisins 0.5 liters of water and insist 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, pour another 0.5 liters of water into the saucepan for compote.
- Add orange juice, honey, lemon, citrus zest and a little cinnamon, cloves and anise.
- Put the pan on the stove and wait for boiling. Then combine the contents of the bowl and saucepans and bring to a boil again, reduce the heat and cook.
- How much you need to cook compote of dried fruit, you already know. For the above ingredients it will be enough for 30 minutes, just do not forget to stir. It can be served both warm and cold.
As you can see, there is nothing difficult about it. Boil dried fruit compotes and enjoy this healthy and tasty drink!