Most of the air patties are based on yeast dough, however, this is not the safest option in terms of health. Fortunately, it is not the only one - using the baking powder or soda you can achieve the same result, and a few decades ago kefir was used for this. And the most famous recipes with his participation - of course, recipes of donuts and donuts, fried in a pan. What you need to know to feel the taste of childhood?
Recipe for donuts on kefir
Pyshki is a delicacy that our grandmothers often made: small round cakes without filling, depending on the components of the dough, added to soups or served for tea, did not require much effort in proofing the dough, were fried instantly and scattered in an instant. They were started most often on kefir, which, in tandem with baking soda, caused a carbonic acid reaction and thus contributed to raising the dough. The original recipe can hardly be found today, but it is not so important - you can make cakes with kefir using any algorithm you like.
- Wheat flour of the 2nd grade - 450 g
- Large Egg - 1 pc
- Kefir - 200 ml
- Sugar and salt to taste
- Soda - 0.5 tsp.
- Vegetable oil - for frying
- Break the egg and separate the white from the yolk: the latter must be whipped together with sugar and kefir, as well as soda. It is recommended to do this whisk. As soon as the mass becomes homogeneous, it should be temporarily left alone.
- Protein should be immediately placed in a clean and dry dish, a pinch of salt pours in there, and everything is whipped. It is possible to work with a mixer at medium speed: the protein must become dense and keep its shape well. This moment causes the further pomp of the dough and the product.
- Carefully combine the kefir-yolk mass and whipped protein, trying not to reduce the volume of the latter. Stir, gradually begin to pour sifted flour: the neater you do it, the more gently you get the dough.
- Leave a part of the flour (about 2-3 tbsp.) - it will be useful for the crumble of crumbs before frying. Ready dough should be soft, but keep the shape and not stick to the hands. Form a round ball out of it, leave it in a food film for a quarter of an hour in a warm place.
- Roll out the dough on a floured board, the thickness of the layer should be about 0.7-1 cm (it will increase when frying), after which future donuts are cut out with a knife or special shapes. It can be both identical products, and created absolutely arbitrarily.
- Heat the frying pan with high walls, pour vegetable oil into it: its amount should be about 1/4 of the volume of the dish. Carefully place the pieces of dough there, over high heat, fry the crumbs until golden brown appears. To make it uniform, do not forget to constantly turn them over.
The finished dish can be sprinkled with powdered sugar, if it is served with tea, accompany with jam or jam in a small bowl. And if the donuts were fried to add to the broth, they should be cooled and rubbed with garlic or a mixture of peppers.
How to cook donuts for kefir dough?
In their recipe, donuts and donuts are not much different: the components of which the dough is made are almost identical, and their main variation is caused by the need to change the taste, but not the consistency of the dish. What really distinguishes them is the shape: while the donut is a simple pie without a filling, which is not always a circle, a donut often has the shape of the letter “O” with a hole in the middle. In addition, donuts are often glazed after baking or roasting, although this is an innovation of recent years, in particular, of American culture.
- Kefir - 250 ml
- Wheat flour - 2.5 tbsp.
- Flour wholegrain - 0.5 tbsp.
- Chicken Egg - 1 pc.
- Sugar powder - 2 tbsp.
- Honey - 30 ml
- Salt - Pinch
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp.
- Vegetable oil - 4 tbsp.
- Sift flour (both varieties) into a bowl, break an egg into it, add a pinch of salt and liquid (if necessary, warm to change the consistency) honey. Knead the dough carefully, trying to act quickly and confidently.
- Gradually add kefir: professionals advise to pour 20-30 ml, then stir again, thus breaking up possible lumps. If you pour all the liquid at once, a homogeneous mass will not work.
- At the moment when about half of kefir will be introduced, add baking powder and 1 tbsp. powdered sugar, as well as the remains of kefir. Knead the dough into a thick lump, if necessary add some more flour.
- Break the whole mass into several pieces the size of a mandarin, roll each of them into a ball and flatten it. Cut a circle in the center or leave it like this.
- Heat the butter in a deep pan, put the donuts in there so that there is a small distance between them. Fry on both sides until golden brown, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
If you want to cover the finished treat with icing, cool it beforehand. And to harden the sweet layer, send donuts for 2-3 hours in the fridge.-
Despite the fact that the recipe is extremely simple, and even a person who has never conjured at the stove can cope with it, experienced hostesses know that the most insignificant, it would seem, moments affect the taste and appearance. Familiarize yourself with them to avoid possible incidents.
- If you fry the donuts for use in soup or with a second dish, you can add a sharp or salty taste to them: for example, throw a sprig of Italian herbs in the hot oil, fry for 1-2 minutes, then remove and discard, and instead in the pan already throw the pieces of dough.
- The fat content of fried donuts is their main disadvantage: to slightly reduce this factor, put the finished products from the pan on paper towels, change them 2-3 times, and only then shift the treat to the common dish.
- The pomp of the product depends not only on the freshness of the components, but also on the technology of its mixing: try to work quickly. As soon as the mass becomes homogeneous, put off the spoon, otherwise you risk to “hammer” the dough, and the donuts will settle down when frying.
Pyshki can be not only traditionally round, but also be cut by any cookie cutter. In addition, turntables are popular: wide strips of dough, cut in the center and turned through it like brushwood. The only caveat - make sure that the dough for them was a little denser.