It is difficult to find a person who would never try pilaf. This tasty and hearty dish is popular not only in the East, but throughout the world. Therefore, there are a lot of recipes for pilaf: everyone wants to add something to it, change the method of preparation or add a new ingredient. But, probably, none of these options can be compared with the original Uzbek one. How to cook such a pilaf at home?
Pilaf - a traditional dish of Uzbek cuisine
Plov - a dish born in the East and which has become the most popular in the countries of Central Asia - is today considered the main national dish of Uzbek cuisine. Prepare a real pilaf at home is extremely difficult. A classic dish, as a rule, is prepared by men, and it happens in the open air. It is very carefully suited to the choice of rice varieties (must be solid, crumbly rice with minimal starch content) and its preliminary preparation, carrots, spices and meat - it must be mutton. For frying use mutton fat. The important point is the choice of dishes - the best option is considered to be a cast-iron or copper cauldron with thick walls. If you choose the right ingredients, learn how to cook Uzbek pilaf, then at home you can get a real aromatic Central Asian dish.
How to cook pilaf at home?
Before you start cooking, you need to prepare the ingredients. It is most preferable to use a variety of rice called "devizira" - this is real Ferghana red rice. Also suitable grade Alang or Chungara. However, finding them in our stores is quite difficult. If unsuccessful, take the cereal with the lowest starch content, for example, Spanish paella rice. Before cooking, soak the cereal in warm water for an hour and then rinse it several times.
Carrots are better to take yellow. As for meat - of course, in the classic version of pilaf, mutton is used, but it can be replaced with pork. If you want to cook a dish with chicken, take the fatty parts with the skin.
Cookware for cooking pilaf is ideally a cauldron, but you can take a stewpan or a pot with thick walls or even a cauldron.
Pilaf for this recipe, you can easily cook at home, while it will comply with the rules of cooking a traditional dish.
- lamb meat - 1 kg;
- rice - 500 g;
- onion - 6 pcs .;
- carrots - 4 pcs .;
- garlic - 2 pcs .;
- red paprika - 2 pods;
- dried barberries (optional) - 1 tbsp. l .;
- Zira - 1 tbsp. l .;
- prunes - 8 pcs .;
- seedless raisins - 150 g;
- mutton fat - 200 g;
- vegetable oil - for frying;
- salt pepper.
- Melt the fat in the cauldron, remove the cracklings.
- Throw in a small onion, fry until browning and remove. This is necessary in order for the fat to acquire a characteristic odor.
- Cut carrots into strips and onions into half rings, fry.
- Remove the zazharku from the cauldron and heat the vegetable oil at maximum temperature. Add cumin.
- Wash and cut the meat into large pieces, put in a cauldron and fry, stirring until the crust turns brown.
- Add vegetables, stew for a few minutes.
- Pour in boiling water. Water should cover meat and vegetables 4 cm.
- Put pepper pods, garlic heads, barberries and salt. Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 35-40 minutes, reducing the heat.
- Rinse the rice thoroughly.
- Remove the pepper from the dish. Put the rice on zirvak (meat and vegetables), spread over the entire surface.
- Cook for another 20 minutes on low heat, covered with a lid. Periodically stir the top layer of the dish (without affecting the meat!) So that the rice does not burn.
- Add raisins, mix and leave for half an hour. Decorate the dish with prunes and red pepper.
Now you know how to cook delicious pilaf at home!-
This pilaf on the fire
Very nutritious pilaf, which is closest to the original Fergana one, is obtained by cooking it in a cauldron on a fire. A great option for those who have a summer cottage!
- lamb - 1 kg;
- lamb fat - 300 g;
- carrots - 1 kg;
- onion - 2 pcs .;
- garlic - 4 heads;
- rice - 1 kg;
- vegetable oil - 300 g;
- salt - 1 tbsp. l .;
- cumin (zira) - 1 tsp;
- hot red pepper - 1 pc.
- Peel carrots and onions, cut into strips.
- Wash the meat and rub with salt, then coarsely chop.
- Calcify 300 ml of oil in a cleaned boiler (5 minutes).
- Put lamb fat and meat. Fry for 7-8 minutes.
- Add onions and carrots, fry for another 10 minutes.
- Pour in ½ tbsp. water, simmer 15 minutes.
- Add whole garlic and hot peppers to the cauldron and stew a little more.
- Wash the rice and sprinkle on the meat with vegetables.
- Season with zira, cover with water so that it covers about 7 cm of rice.
- Simmer until water evaporates. Then with a stick, make holes in the rice, add a little water and simmer for another 10 minutes under the lid.
Serve pilaf should be on a wide dish, poured rice slide. Place the meat on the sides, decorate the top with garlic heads.
As you can see, the creation of a traditional Central Asian biodapod is similar to a whole culinary ritual. But recipes that tell you how to cook pilaf at home will help you cope with this difficult task and surprise your loved ones with a delicious, flavorful, nutritious and very colorful dish, similar to the oriental original.