Goulash is the national dish of Hungary. It was cooked in large boilers under the open sky by shepherds who are far from home. Today this dish has become a frequent guest on the table of many Russian families. Each housewife does not hurt to know how to cook a real pork goulash to diversify the festive and daily homemade menu.
Pork goulash is a versatile dish. It can be served on a festive table or cooked on weekdays. Goulash is appreciated for its taste and satiety - not least due to its thick gravy with a pleasant taste.
A minimum amount of food is required for cooking. The main ingredient is pork, otherwise the classic recipe can be easily modified by adding sour cream, bell peppers, carrots, potatoes, greens and even sauerkraut.
Pork goulash with gravy - how to cook it quickly and tasty?
This is a classic recipe for nourishing goulash with excellent taste.
- 500 g pork;
- 1 large onion;
- 2 pcs. sweet pepper;
- 3 medium tomatoes;
- 2 tbsp. l flour;
- 400 g sour cream;
- 1 tbsp. water or beef broth;
- 3 tbsp. l vegetable oil;
- salt, spices.
- Pre-roll the meat in the spices and let it stand for half an hour.
- Fry the vegetables (onion, pepper) in hot vegetable oil.
- Add sliced pork. With high heat, wait until the juice has evaporated and the meat has a golden crust.
- Remove the peel of tomatoes, chop or mince and add to the rest of the ingredients.
- Extinguish over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Cook the sauce. Mix sour cream with flour until smooth and pour to the meat.
- Add heat to the mass to boil faster, add water or broth.
- Over medium heat simmer for half an hour. At the very end of cooking salt.
- Before serving, you can sprinkle with chopped herbs.
Original recipe with photo
Unusual taste, nourishing and nutritious dish will be obtained if you add potatoes to classic goulash.
- 500 g pork;
- 1 kg of potatoes;
- 3 onions;
- 1 large carrot;
- 200 g of tomato paste (can be replaced with tomato ketchup);
- 3 tbsp. l vegetable (olive) oil;
- 3 large cloves of garlic;
- to taste paprika, cumin, salt;
- the rest of the spices (bay leaf, black pepper and allspice if desired).
- Goulash with potatoes is best cooked in a thick-walled cauldron.
- Pour vegetable or olive oil into it and wait until it is hot.
- Fry the onions and carrots on high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add meat to vegetables and fry until golden brown.
- Add tomato paste to pork and vegetables and stew for no more than 5 minutes.
- Then lay out the potatoes cut in quarters.
- Add water so that all components are completely covered by it.
- Bring to a boil, set the fire to low and simmer the mixture for 1 hour.
- The potatoes should be slightly boiled soft - thanks to this, the gravy in the goulash will become thick.
- 15 minutes before the dish is ready, add salt, spices and garlic.
Unusual goulash with leek
This recipe will tell you how to cook an unusually tasty pork goulash in another way.
- 1 kg of pork without fat;
- 6 pieces leek (its lower part);
- 2 tsp. ginger powder;
- 4 tbsp. l sugar sand;
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon;
- 8 tbsp. l soy sauce;
- 4 tbsp. l vegetable oil;
- 2 tbsp. l potato starch.
- In a bowl in which you will cook the goulash, heat the vegetable oil.
- Add sugar and, while constantly stirring it, add seasoning: ginger, salt, cinnamon.
- Put leek into the mixture, mix well and lay out the meat.
- Increase the flame to the maximum and fry. Stir constantly - the meat should acquire a light golden crust.
- Next, add soy sauce, mix.
- Top up with water or broth so that the liquid covers all the ingredients.
- Wait until the mass boils, reduce the heat of the burner to the minimum and simmer for about half an hour.
- 5 minutes before the end of the quenching pour in starch sauce (dilute starch in 2 tablespoons l. Of water). When the sauce warms up, the goulash will take on the desired thick consistency.
Pork goulash in a slow cooker - how to cook soft meat with gravy?
If you constantly use the crock-pot, then this recipe is for you. With it, you cook a delicious dish with a rich aroma and meat taste. The finished dish can be served with a side dish or separately.
- 500 g pork;
- 1 onion;
- 1 carrot;
- 2 tbsp. l tomato paste;
- 3 tbsp. l flour;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- salt, spices, herbs to taste;
- 1 tsp. Sahara;
- 5 pieces. mushrooms (preferably mushrooms, small size);
- 3 tbsp. l sour cream;
- 0.5 liters of broth;
- 1 tsp. mustard;
- 1 sweet pepper.
- To make goulash, set the program "Quenching" 40 minutes, then - "Baking" 10 minutes. Power should be at the level of 900 watts.
- Put the meat in the bowl, you can add a little (1 tbsp.) Of vegetable oil. Turn on the "Baking" mode, set the time to 10 minutes.
- While the meat is fried, chop the vegetables in your favorite way. Garlic must be cut as small as possible, and even better - pass the cloves through the press.
- Put vegetables and mushrooms to the meat.
- Tomato paste, mustard, flour, sour cream, spices, salt and sugar mix well and add to vegetables and meat.
- Pour broth and place the slow cooker in Quenching mode for 45 minutes.
- When the goulash is cooked, add garlic and greens, set the mode "Maintain heat".
- The dish is ready. Now it will absorb the aroma and taste of greens with garlic and soak them, acquiring a stunning taste.
- The taste of the finished dish depends on the quality of the meat. For the preparation of goulash is best to use a pork neck. It is tender, has small layers of fat, which gives the finished dish juiciness and rich taste.
You can cook goulash from tenderloin, loin, dorsal. Choose meat that is not too dark and not too light in color. The ideal "material" - pale pink meat of a young piglet tender with white, soft fat.
- To impart a specific taste to meat, it is marinated for half an hour in a mixture of black and allspice, sweet paprika, coriander, cumin, marjoram and savory, salt and sugar. During this time, tender meat will absorb all the flavor and taste of savory herbs. By the way, in Hungary, cumin is considered an essential ingredient in the preparation of goulash, because it gives the main note to all tastes.
- If you are cooking goulash with potatoes and you cannot achieve the required density of gravy, add 1 tbsp to the dish. l flour, fried in butter to cream color.
- In the sauce, tomato paste can be replaced with tomatoes or tomato juice, and sour cream with mayonnaise.
- If you don’t know how to make pork goulash more original, then add a real Hungarian flavor: make small, arbitrary-shaped dumplings (chippet) and add them to the dish. It will become more dense and rich.
In the classic version, goulash is a thick, rich beef soup. But the modern dish became widespread in variations very far from the Hungarian original. Any hostess can choose a recipe to your taste, but in any case, the ingredients remain simple and affordable, and the taste is always at a height.