Appetizing, crisp brushwood is a great addition to sweet tea or coffee, a treat from childhood. The variety and the utmost simplicity of recipes for its preparation will allow you to pamper your family with tasty foods on a regular basis. At the same time, the time spent in the kitchen will be kept to a minimum. What is not a perfect dish!
What is good brushwood on the water?
Many hostesses use recipes that use milk, cream or sour cream as the main ingredient. With this choice, ready-made pastries are too high in calories and heavy for the stomach. We suggest you use the recipe of brushwood crisp on the water. The result obtained is guaranteed to give you a delicate taste and affordable price. And if you use mineral or vodka instead of ordinary water, the baking structure will become even more airy.
Lean brushwood when properly stored for a long time retains its crunchy properties. It is enough to place it in a container with a lid - and you can store a treat in the bottom shelf of the refrigerator for up to several days.
You can change the taste of brushwood at your discretion. Replace sugar with a small amount of salt - and you get a great addition to beer or kvass. And the inclusion of cheese and sesame, cumin or poppy in the list of ingredients makes this dish an excellent alternative to chips. Choosing a crisp brushwood on water, focus only on your taste preferences. So, go ahead to the kitchen!
Variety of brushwood recipes
If you do not know how to cook crisp brushwood, we will rush to your aid. Choose which option most closely matches the tastes of your loved ones.
Sweet brushwood on the water
- wheat flour - 2 tbsp .;
- sugar and water - 0.25 st .;
- eggs - 2 pieces;
- refined oil;
- powdered sugar.
- Turn water, sugar, flour, eggs into a tight dough.
- Using a rolling pin, make a thin layer of it. At the same time, try not to add flour, as the finished brushwood may turn out to be too tough. It is better to lubricate the table and the surface of the reservoir with a small amount of vegetable oil - then the dough will not stick to the hands.
- Carefully cut thin stripes or diamonds. Their length and width depends on your preferences. In the middle of each blank, a small incision should be made - literally 3 cm. Insert one end of the strip / diamond into the slit. Carefully turn out the corner to give it a famous peculiar shape.
- Using a crisp brushwood recipe for water, pay maximum attention to the rules of frying dough. Heat the oil in a deep pan or thick pan. Fry the brushwood in small portions, replacing or adding fat as needed. Put ready-made cookies on napkins - to get rid of excess oil. Then send it to a dish, sprinkle with powder and serve with tea, coffee, juice or lemonade.
Sweet and spicy brushwood on mineral water
- 1 tbsp. highly carbonated mineral water
- 1 tbsp. l vodka and brown sugar;
- 2 tbsp. l oils (it is better to take olive oil);
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder;
- a pinch of salt;
- 1 pack of vanilla sugar or vanilla;
- powdered sugar.
- Dissolve sugar and vanilla in mineral water. Put turmeric, olive oil, vodka there. Gradually pour in the flour, without stopping stirring. When the dough stops sticking to your fingers, cover it with a film and send it to the bottom shelf of the refrigerator.
- After 20 minutes, you can start rolling out thin layers. It is important to turn the dough into almost transparent. Your efforts will pay off by the fact that when roasting it will become fragile and tender.
- The resulting layers of dough are divided with a knife into small diamonds. You can send them to the pan or make a cut in the middle and twist, as in the previous recipe.
- The resulting figures are roasted over high heat in a large amount of heated oil, are caught by a slotted spoon and dried on a napkin.
- Sprinkle them with powdered sugar (after cooling) and serve as an excellent homemade dessert.
Delicate brushwood on vodka
- 60 ml of vodka and vegetable oil;
- 0.5 liters of water;
- 2 tbsp. l butter;
- 900 grams of flour;
- a pinch of salt;
- 1.5 liters of refined oil for frying.
- Mix vodka, water and 2 types of oil in a deep container. Add salt and flour in small portions.
- After kneading a stiff dough, let it stand for about 15-20 minutes. Then you can start forming brushwood. Do not add flour, otherwise the baking will be hard, and the oil will become unaesthetic black and the smell of burning.
- Divide the dough into several pieces and roll into layers having a thickness of up to 1.5 mm.
- Roasted in an impressive amount of hot oil, this leaf on vodka is crisp and tender. It goes well with sweet hot tea or soft drinks.
- water - 300 ml;
- olive oil - 3 tbsp. l .;
- flour - 300 g;
- cheese - 100 g;
- chicken eggs - 2 pieces;
- ready mustard - 1 tsp;
- sesame - 1 bag.
- Combine the oil with water. Boil the resulting liquid, and then pour the flour into it, stirring the mass constantly. Knead the choux dough, leave it to cool and leave.
- For the filling, grate the grated cheese, add 1 raw egg and mustard. To the mass was not strongly liquid, pour into it 1 tbsp. l flour.
- Cooling off the crispy brushwood should be divided into several parts and roll out of them 2 mm thick.
- Spread a portion of the filling on 1 sheet. Cover it with a second layer, gently press down - for a better grip. Top with a whipped egg and sprinkle with sesame. Then cut the blank into strips 2-3 cm wide. Roll them up with spirals and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment.
- Bake at 200 ° C for about 10 minutes.
Rules for roasting brushwood
For this purpose, a cast-iron cauldron or a pan with a thick bottom is needed. A layer of oil - the more the better. According to the rules, brushwood is "cooked" in fat, and not fried in it.
Heat the oil to about 200 degrees. How to check it? If you put a small piece of dough into it, the oil around it will immediately "burr".
Fry the billet to a light golden hue. Then be sure to put them on napkins to get rid of excess oil. As you can see, in order to prepare crispy twigs, a recipe with photo-practically is not needed: this dish is really simple and yet very tasty.
Sweet cookies are perfectly combined with tea, coffee, juices, fruit drinks, jelly and compotes. If you are cooking cheese or any other sweet / salty brushwood, feel free to serve it with kvass or beer. In any of its incarnation, this type of baking will find its admirers. And if you prepare it according to the recipe on the water or on vodka, they will be joined by people who for some reason do not accept sweet treats. Moreover, the absence of milk or sour cream will not damage the excellent taste of brushwood.