Amateur fishermen often bring home a delicious catch. Of course, we are talking about crayfish. If you properly prepare these representatives of the arthropod family, you can get a real festive dish, and not the usual beer snack. Today we learn the art of culinary excellence and find out how to cook crayfish at home.
Simple cooking tips
Before we figure out how to cook crayfish at home, I would like to talk about the peculiarities of eating these products. It is best to catch crayfish in the summer and autumn. In early spring and winter, these representatives of arthropods start to moult. The natural process does not seem to be visible, but it affects the taste of food significantly.
Let's immediately determine that you can cook only living individuals. Dead crayfish almost immediately begin to decompose. Eating such a cancer can cause severe poisoning. Before cooking, crayfish must be too active. By the way, the sooner you prepare your catch, the better.
How many boil crayfish in time after boiling? It is customary to cook them for 10 minutes. Dip crayfish only in well-boiling water. After that, the container is set aside from the heat and let the dish brew in a sealed container for another 10 minutes.
A few simple tips will help you to make a crayfish a real royal dish that can be served for the festive table:
- Before boiling live crayfish it is better to pour over boiling water. So after cooking, the shell will be easier to separate, and the structure of the meat will not collapse.
- The classic version of cooking such a dish is boiling arthropods in salted, filtered water with the addition of dill umbrellas, laurel leaves, and black peppercorns.
- If you want the dish to be juicy, do not remove the crayfish from the broth before serving.
- The unusual taste and aroma of boiled crayfish will give a lemon slice, which can be added to the broth.
- To the meat of cancer turned out more tender, pre-arthropods are soaked in milk.
- If you boil crayfish in milk, you must first boil it, then cool it, soak arthropods in it, strain it and add it to the pan.
- Crayfish can be stewed in white wine, tomato sauce, cognac.
- Clove, saffron and anise will add a spicy taste to this product.
"Royal Crayfish" for gourmet
So, we have already figured out how to cook crayfish at home. The recipe you choose at your discretion. As you master culinary skills, you can cook crayfish salads and soups. And now we will try to cook them according to a simple recipe. Boiled crayfish will be an excellent snack for beer or play the role of a full dish on your table.
- 2 kg of crayfish;
- 3-4 pieces corn cobs;
- to taste spices;
- lemon - 1 pc.
- Pour filtered water into a large thick-walled pot.
- Put the pot on a moderate fire.
- Water is seasoned with red hot pepper, coriander, ground garlic and table salt.
- Lemon will give a special taste and flavor to the crayfish, so we cut it into slices and add it to the pan.
- We also add coriander, laurel leaf, cloves, cumin and anise. The more spices, the tastier boiled crayfish.
- Corn cobs are cut into 2-3 equal parts.
- As soon as the water reaches a state of boiling, put the sliced corn in the pan.
- We bring corn to full readiness, and then we spread crayfish.
- For five minutes, boil them under a closed lid, and then immediately set aside.
- Drain the liquid through a colander.
- Crayfish and corn cobs again lay out in a saucepan.
- Squeeze out the lemon slices and pour plenty of crayfish on them.
- Cover the pot with a towel or thick cloth, cover with the top.
- In this form, we let the boiled crayfish stand over so that they are saturated with the exquisite aroma of lemon juice.
We make a variety of ordinary dish
For the next weekend, did you plan a meeting with friends and a collective viewing of a football match? How to do without the classic beer snack - boiled crayfish? A new approach to the preparation of the usual dishes will allow you to enjoy its exquisite taste. And the secret of boiling crayfish for this recipe lies in wine.
- 10 pieces. crayfish;
- 150 g of creamy softened butter;
- 0.3 liters of dry white wine;
- garlic cloves - 3 pcs .;
- seasoning and salt to taste;
- Carefully wash live crayfish with filtered water.
- We put them in a colander and leave for a while to excess liquid glass.
- Put the butter in the pan and melt it.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the peeled garlic cloves.
- Add garlic mass to melted butter and fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add to the pan with a creamy garlic mass of crayfish.
- Fry them before the appearance of a characteristic orange hue.
- Then put any seasonings and salt into the pan. Cover it with lid and simmer the crayfish for about five minutes.
- We shift the crayfish to the pan, pour it with wine and boil it for 10 minutes after boiling.
- After cooking, leave the crayfish in a saucepan and leave for another 10 minutes.
There are many more recipes for boiled crayfish. You can try everything and then choose the best one. As you can see, the preparation of this river product is troublesome and very difficult. If you are an adherent of the classics, then boil the crayfish in salted water with the addition of dill sprigs. Lemon juice will give the dish a refined taste and unique aroma. Do not forget to eat the product you cooked correctly: we start from the tail, then smoothly move to the claws, and leave the meat under the shell for a snack. Enjoy your meal!