Some people believe that corn is a technical crop, which is cultivated only for fattening in animal husbandry. At the same time, of course, they do not take into account corn sticks - a childhood treat, considering it rather an exception. Few people know that a great side dish comes out of corn grits. In order to want to cook this bright yellow tasty gruel, you need to understand how good it is. So learn how to cook this dish. And to simplify the task, we will analyze how to cook corn porridge in a slow cooker.
How to cook corn porridge in a slow cooker: the main aspects
Cornmeal is low in calories and very healthy, it removes fats from the body, is rich in carbohydrates and nutrients. To eat it, you need a very small portion, and the feeling of satiety remains a long period.
Previously, recipes for cooking corn porridge indicated a cooking time of at least two hours. However, these guidelines are suitable for coarse grits. Now we are buying corn grits resembling yellow sand. Hence, the cooking time will be significantly reduced.
To cook tasty and crumbly porridge, you need to consider some aspects:
- liquids need to be taken three times more than cereals;
- Initially, boil the porridge in water, and when the cereal completely absorbs the liquid, pour in the milk and bring the dish to full readiness;
- you need to remember that porridge in the cooking process is very boiling and all the time trying to "escape" from the saucepan - so that it does not burn, cook it over low heat, stirring constantly;
- for cooking this dish in a slow cooker, we use the mode "Kasha";
- in each model of the kitchen appliance there is a definite cooking time - it must be followed;
- manufacturers of multicookers thought out all the nuances: for a set time, the croup is subjected to several types of processing, and the porridge goes amazing;
- corn porridge in a slow cooker will turn out according to the consistency we want - liquid, viscous, crumbly, depending on the volume of liquid used.
Cook diet porridge in water
- filtered water - 6 measures from the multicooker kit;
- corn grits - 2 tbsp .;
- Corn grits must be thoroughly washed.
- Grease the bottom of the bowl with oil.
- Pour into a bowl multicooker 2 tbsp. cereals.
- Pour in water, salt and set the program "Buckwheat" or "Kashi" for 1 hour.
- The sound signal of the multicooker will notify on the readiness of porridge
- Open the lid, mix the porridge. You can make it thicker if you leave it for half an hour in the “Heating” mode.
Important information: corn porridge is considered the most "slim": only 86 Kcal per 100 g of the finished product. This recipe will interest those who are on a diet, it can also come in handy on fasting days.
Corn porridge on milk with creamy aftertaste
If you want to give the porridge a delicate creamy taste, then boil it in milk. Such porridge is the perfect breakfast for the whole family.
- milk - 0.5 l;
- corn grits - ½ st .;
- granulated sugar - 2 tbsp. l .;
- We wash the cereal.
- The inner walls of the multicooker grease with butter.
- Pour the corn grits.
- Fill the specified amount of milk.
- Sugar, salt and mix everything gently.
- Exhibit the program "Milk porridge", cooking time - 1 hour.
- Cooking until the end of the program. Milk corn porridge is ready, you can add berries to it.
Cooking recipe with mushroom sauce
We got acquainted with recipes for cooking corn porridge on water and milk, and now we will complicate our dish in order to feed our loved ones with an original and satisfying dinner.
- corn grits - 200 g;
- milk - 500 ml;
- white cheese - 200 g;
- cream - 200 ml;
- champignon mushrooms - 500 g;
- onions - 2-3 pcs .;
- flour - 1-2 tbsp. l .;
- sour cream 30% - 200 ml;
- olive oil;
- salt - to taste.
- Pour into the bowl multicooker milk and cream.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, setting the mode "Cooking for a couple" on the kitchen assistant.
- Washed corn grits fall asleep in boiling milk mixture.
- Add salt to taste.
- On the multicooker set the mode "Quenching", the cooking time - 40 minutes.
- While the corn porridge is languishing in the slow cooker, we prepare the mushroom sauce.
- Fry the onion in olive oil until golden brown.
- Add the washed and sliced mushrooms.
- Stew the onions with the mushrooms in the pan until the excess liquid is gone.
- Dissolve sour cream with flour and fill with fried ingredients for sauce.
- Spread cooked corn porridge on plates, pouring mushroom sauce.
- Porridge with sauce sprinkled with grated cheese.
Cooked corn porridge for this recipe turns out to be tender and tasty. A mushroom sauce will make this dish even more interesting, nutritious and satisfying.
It turns out that corn porridge is a storehouse of vitamins and minerals. It is perfectly absorbed by both adults and children. Helps eliminate cholesterol, stimulates the cardiovascular system, does not cause allergies. In general, the perfect food for all ages.