How to cook cocoa in milk, knows every woman who has a child aged 4 years. Preparing this drink every morning, willy-nilly, you will learn to carry out the whole process to perfection. And what about those who are faced with a similar problem for the first time? Especially for you, we have prepared a detailed guide.
Tricks of cooking flavored cocoa
Ask women how to make cocoa in milk, and you will get many different answers. Some believe that the ideal option is when the drink is made only with the use of milk. Others say that the taste of cocoa is softer if milk is diluted with water. Others generally prefer to use only water. Of course, it is impossible to judge the correctness of this or that method, because everyone prepares this aromatic and refined drink according to their taste and discretion.
Perhaps the only guiding principle should be the correct choice of cocoa powder, which is natural or soluble. Natural must be boiled for a few minutes, but the soluble powder is only enough to pour hot liquid.
It is quite clear that natural cocoa is much more useful than its chemical substitute brother. There are many vitamins and trace elements necessary for the body. Finding out what kind of cocoa is sold in the store is quite simple: take a look at the label. In a powder made from real cocoa beans, the fat content cannot be less than 15%. And if doubts still overpowered you, try to rub the cocoa with your fingers: a real product will settle on the skin, and the soluble will crumble like dust.
If you have never cooked cocoa and cannot say with certainty which drink preparation variant you like the most, try our recipes in turn and choose the one that will be delicious for you.
Taste of childhood
For the first time, the cocoa brand "Golden Label" appeared in the price list of "Mosselprom" only in the early 20th century, but already gained a wide audience of fans. This is almost the only factory of the time, which produced a powder made from natural cocoa beans. Perhaps that is why cocoa with this name to this day remains the most sought-after brand. How to make Golden Label Cocoa on Milk? Our recipe will help you.-
- 0.5 liters of milk;
- 1 tbsp. l cocoa;
- 1 tbsp. l Sahara;
- 2 drops of vanilla extract;
- spices - at will.
- We take a pot with a thick bottom of about 1 liter, pour milk into it and put it on the stove.
- On medium heat, stirring occasionally, bring the milk to a boil and immediately set the burner to a minimum so that it does not run away.
- After the milk boils, it's time to add cocoa powder to it, but first you need to mix it with sugar.
- Pour the cocoa and then mix it thoroughly so that the ingredients evenly dissolve in the liquid, rather than gathering unpleasant lumps on the surface of the milk.
- Cook cocoa on low heat for about 2-3 minutes, and then add a few drops of vanilla extract into it. And if you like spices, such as cloves or cinnamon, then add them too.
- Give the drink to boil for about 3 more minutes, remove from heat and cover with a lid.
Fans of mixed drinks surely know how to make cocoa with milk and water. But this recipe is not quite familiar, but with a slight citrus aftertaste. Have not tried this? Then immediately get down to business.
- 1 tbsp. milk;
- 1 tbsp. water;
- 1 tbsp. l cocoa;
- 1 tbsp. l Sahara;
- orange peel.
- To begin with, pour the required amount of cocoa with sugar into a mug and fill it with lukewarm water.
- Stir the mixture thoroughly so that all the lumps are completely dissolved in water.
- Now on the fire in a small saucepan bring the milk to a boil. As soon as it begins to boil, pour in a thin trickle of cocoa, stirring the drink constantly.
- Again, we bring everything to a boil and reduce the gas to almost the minimum. Now it's time to add a dried orange peel to the drink.
- Boil the drink for about 3-4 minutes, and then remove from the stove and cover the pan with a lid.
- Give the cocoa a little brew and soak in the orange flavor. Then take out the orange peel and pour the drink into cups.
This recipe will tell you how to cook mint cocoa in milk. This drink gives special strength and energy in the morning, and also perfectly refreshes during the day. The mint cocoa bonus is that it can be drunk both hot and cold.
- 100 g vanilla ice cream;
- 1/2 l milk;
- 4 peppermints;
- 1 tbsp. l cocoa.
- First of all, it is necessary to start preparing all the ingredients in advance, namely peppermint candies. Since, in order to boil the cocoa in milk, we need only a crumb from them, we crush the candies in a mortar.
- We take a liter saucepan, pour milk into it and set it on the stove over medium heat. Without ceasing to stir, bring the milk to a boil and immediately reduce the heat to a minimum.
- Then slowly pour cocoa powder and candy into the milk. Intensely stirring, boil until all ingredients are dissolved.
- Pour hot cocoa into cups and decorate with a ball of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream on top.
If you wish, you can find many more different recipes for making fragrant and tasty cocoa. However, technology and principle always remain the same. So you can start with our recipes for a while, and then invent your own unique options. For example, try boiling cocoa on fruit or adding a bar of chocolate to a drink. In any case, it will be very tasty.