Meals from peas are not loved by everyone, considering such food to be unrepresented. But chickens many housewives cook with pleasure. Some do not even know that chickpeas are peas, only Turkish ones. It is very useful and contains essential amino acids for the human body. Today we will talk about how to cook chickpeas.
Proper nutrition - the guarantee of health
Today, in the culinary departments of shops you can find almost all the delicacies. The basis of the daily diet is carbohydrates, which are known to be found in cereals and legumes. And once again you go to the store and look at the counters in a bewilderment. Even in a small grocery store you can count up to 20 kinds of cereals and legumes. Nutex, as practice shows, is bypassed by many, because they do not know what it is and what it is eaten with.
Now you know that chickpeas are legumes, in other words, peas. Its uniqueness lies in the absolutely neutral taste. You can make garnishes with chickpeas, delicious side dishes, snacks, pastries and even sweets. By the way, chickpea goes well with various sauces.
If you do not know how to cook chickpeas at home, do not despair. Now we fix this situation. Just before, let's learn some of the nuances:
- Before cooking, chickpeas are thoroughly washed until the water is crystal clear.
- Heat treatment of chickpeas is preceded by mandatory soaking for 4-5 hours.
- Observe proportions: 1 cup of chickpeas is poured with 1 cup of filtered water.
- Traditionally, chickpeas are made from the Jewish dish hummus. According to its consistency, hummus resembles a paste, that is, boiled chickpea is ground to a consistency of puree and seasoned with spices and spices.
- Most often, minced garlic, sesame seeds, paprika, parsley, coriander, and cumin add to garnishes with chickpeas.
- Boil chickpeas need an average of 50-60 minutes.
- If you plan to further chop the chickpeas to a puree consistency, you do not need to salt the chickpeas during cooking.
- If you serve chickpeas in a boiled original state, half an hour before the end of the cooking process, add fine-grained salt to taste.
- Chickpeas make very tasty soups. You can add a familiar set of vegetables, as well as smoked meats, meat fillets, mushrooms, etc.
Overseas dish on Russian table
Chickpeas are not too popular in the Slavic cuisine. But the hostesses, who have already tried the taste of chickpeas, are happy to cook it again and again and look for completely new original recipes. Separately, the value, taste and aroma of chickpeas was appreciated by the hostesses who prepared the beans in the slow cooker. You do not know how to cook chickpeas in a slow cooker? Then take a closer look at the recipe. Nute will play the role of a side dish, and tender fried and juicy cuts of meat will give the dish a savory taste.
- 2 tbsp. chickpea;
- 6 tbsp. filtered water;
- beef or pork fillet - 0.5 kg;
- to taste hops-suneli, leaves of laurel, red pepper, salt;
- refined sunflower oil - 3-4 tbsp. l
- We wash the chickpeas thoroughly with filtered water and then soak them. It is best to soak chickens overnight or soak it in water for at least 2 hours.
- We defrost meat fillets, rinse, remove, if necessary, the veins and film.
- Be sure to dry them with paper napkin and cut into equivalent pieces.
- Pour the sunflower refined oil into the multicooker container and send pieces of meat to it.
- Select the "Fry" program mode and fry the meat until half cooked.
- Put the swollen chickpea, hops-suneli, pepper mixture and laurel leaves into the multicooker container.
- All fill with filtered water.
- Turn on the program "Quenching", set the timer for 90 minutes.
- As soon as the chickpea becomes soft, add fine-grained salt to taste and mix everything well.
- Insist chickpeas in a closed multicooker for about 30 minutes.
- Before serving, decorate chickpeas with savory pieces of meat fillet and pickled onions.
Guests from Egypt: cooking falafel
Chickpea falafel is considered a traditional Arabic dish. Vegetarian cutlets are made from the prepared mixture, and tahini are served at the table under yogurt. Do you think this is a deli product? Not at all. Grind sesame seeds, add fat sour cream and garlic mass. As a result, we get a piquant dressing, which has Egyptian origin. Now you not only know what chickpeas are, but you can also tell your friends the best recipes for its preparation.
- 2 tbsp. chick peas;
- 0.5 tbsp. chopped parsley;
- 6 pieces garlic cloves;
- ½ onion;
- 0.5 tbsp. coriander;
- 1 tsp. baking soda;
- 2 tbsp. l sesame seeds;
- 0.5 tsp. Chile;
- pepper and salt to taste.
- Wash chickpeas, pour water and insist during the day.
- Then lay the chickpeas on a paper napkin and dry well.
- Put the peeled garlic cloves, dried chickpeas, half onions and greens into the blender container.
- We grind everything to homogeneity.
- Then add spices and spices.
- Thoroughly mix the mass and form cakes out of it. It is better to use tablespoons.
- In refined sunflower oil, fry the falafel for a few minutes.
- Spread the fried tortillas on a napkin to remove excess oil, and then spread on a dish.
Chickpeas, also known in the home as overseas or chickpeas, is very useful. Its properties cannot be described. If you are a supporter of proper nutrition and healthy lifestyle, then the dishes from these beans will be a godsend for you. Garnish, porridge, soups, pasta, tortillas, pastries, sweets. Believe me, this is not the whole list of dishes that can be made from chickpeas.
Please note that high-quality beans must be dry and have a uniform color. The longer you soak chickpeas, the softer it is obtained after heat treatment. Conquer new culinary tops and learn the geography of world cuisines with pleasure. Enjoy your meal!