Let's talk about the pilaf - a dish, the mention of which is even in the tales of Queen Scheherazade. This is an ancient dish. The rules and principles of its preparation laid in the countries of the Middle East and India. At present, pilau has conquered Transcaucasia, the countries of the Eastern region, Central Asia, Turkey, and Europe. There are thousands of pilau recipes. It is based on the separate preparation of two components: braised cereal portions and gravy, which can combine meat, fish, spices, dried fruits, and vegetables.
We, keeping up with the times, consider how to cook pilaf with chicken in a slow cooker.
How to cook chicken pilaf in a slow cooker: a step by step recipe with photos
Take one piece of advice: pilau experts say that vegetables should be as much as meat.
- chicken meat - 0.5 kg;
- long rice, preferably steamed - 500 g;
- vegetable oil - 110 ml;
- carrots (large) - 3 pcs .;
- onion - 3 pcs .;
- water - 3 tbsp. (600-700 ml);
- garlic - 1 head;
- seasonings - turmeric, barberry, a mixture of peppers.
- Prepare vegetables - carrots and onions.
- We clean the onions, wash them under running water and cut them in thin half rings.
- We will not be lazy and leave the grater aside - the pilaf will be tastier if the peeled carrots are cut into strips.
- On the crock-pot, set the program "Frying", pour in vegetable oil, add half a teaspoon of sugar and pour out the sliced carrots. Constantly stirring, fry the carrots, which with the help of sugar becomes crisp.
- Wash chicken meat, cut into small pieces. Take for cooking chicken breast - this is the most useful and dietary meat.
- Add prepared chicken breast to carrots, mix and fry.
- Now add the chopped onion, without closing the lid, continue to fry.
- We introduce spices to meat and vegetables. In this case, it is advisable not to overdo it and add only proven favorite seasonings. For pilaf great barberry and turmeric.
- Mode "Frying" off and proceed to the preparation of the main ingredient.
- Wash steamed rice with warm water. We will listen to the advice of experienced chefs: however clean the rice may seem, we always wash it with plenty of water until it is clear. For washing we take drinking warm water.
- Spread washed rice on vegetables with meat. The important point is that we level the rice with a wooden spatula and do not mix anything.
- Take hot water and dissolve salt in it. The water should be slightly salty, as the rice will take most of the salt into itself.
- Carefully, so that the products that we put in layers do not mix, pour water into the bowl of the miracle technique. It is convenient to be guided by the people's standard: the water should cover the rice "two fingers" from the top level of the cereal.
- On the multicooker set the mode "Pilaf". When there is no water in the bowl, carefully open the lid and insert the washed garlic head into the rice.
- When the beep sounds, we mix all the ingredients in the multicooker container and leave for another 20 minutes.
Pilaf with chicken in the crock-pot according to the described recipe is amazing - try to cook it and see for yourself.
Cooking delicious pilaf in a crock-pot Polaris with mushrooms
We have already met with the recipe for cooking pilaf with chicken in a slow cooker. We learned the subtleties and secrets of this dish. We will try to diversify our menu and learn how to cook pilaf with chicken and mushrooms.
- rice - 3 tbsp .;
- champignon mushrooms - 500 g;
- chicken fillet - 500 g;
- onions - 2 pcs .;
- 3-4 large carrots;
- olive oil;
- salt, spices to taste.
- We clean onions and carrots, thoroughly wash the vegetables under running water.
- Onions cut into half rings, cut carrots into neat straws.
- A bowl of multicooker grease with olive oil, set the mode "Frying".
- First, fry the onion until it becomes golden, then lay out the carrots.
- Stir the vegetables and fry them together for another five minutes.
- Put the prepared vegetables in another container.
- Using the same "Frying" mode, fry the chicken fillet, pre-cut into medium slices.
- Wash and slice the mushrooms. Add mushrooms to the roasted chicken meat and close the lid of the multicooker. Ten minutes then the meat and mushrooms will sweat and you can add spices.
- A little tip: turmeric will stain every grain in a delicate orange color. The taste of pilaf is emphasized by barberry and saffron.
- We mix the prepared ingredients in a bowl of the crock-pot: onions, carrots, chicken, mushrooms.
- Wash the washed rice with warm water in a bowl.
- Fill it with the required volume of water and set the "Rice" mode.
- Cooking time for pilaf is 30 minutes.
The kitchen assistant will do an excellent job: the chicken pillow and mushrooms get amazing.
Pilaf with prunes
Now cook pilau with chicken, spices and prunes. Vegetables and spices will give rice an interesting taste and color, and prunes will add flavor to the meat.
- chicken fillet - 400 g;
- onions - 1 pc .;
- carrots - 1 pc .;
- melted butter - 50 g;
- rice - 450 g;
- prunes - 100 g;
- garlic - 1 head;
- salt, spices.
- Prepare vegetables and meat, adhering to the recommendations described in previous recipes.
- On the Redmond multicooker, we set the mode "Frying" and in the hot oil we will fry carrots, onions and chicken meat.
- Pre-soak prunes in hot water, cut into neat straws and add to the meat with vegetables.
- Five minutes stew in the specified mode, carrots, onions, chicken and prunes. Add spices.
- Washed rice is poured into a multicooker bowl and filled with hot water. The water level should be 3 cm above the rice. Salt to taste.
- Close the multicooker lid, set the steam valve to the "Closed" position. Press the "Pilaf" button and set the time to 15 minutes. When the sound signal informs you that the cooking process is over, open the valve to release the steam.
- Ready pilaf with chicken and prunes must be mixed.
The pilaf is crumbly, the meat melts in the mouth, and the prunes successfully set off the taste of the dish.
So we have disassembled the basic ways of cooking the ancient Asian dish in a modern kitchen with program control. Thus, a bridge was laid between the ancient and modern world. Good appetite!