Chicken liver has a low calorie content and in cooking is valued by the fact that the dishes from it are soft, juicy and tender. But, as in the case of any offal, you need to know how to cook chicken liver quickly and tasty, so that it does not lose its merits and turn into something hard and incomprehensible.
If you prefer to eat healthy foods, you should definitely include chicken liver delicacies on the menu. It does not require prolonged soaking (unlike pork and beef offal), with proper heat treatment it turns out very tender and juicy, does not have a specific smell. Chicken liver is a universal culinary product: it can be fried, stewed, boiled, made of it pastes, fillings for patties, cooked with spices, greens and various sauces.
Fried Chicken Liver with Onions
How to cook chicken liver quickly and tasty, while maintaining the softness of the product? The most important thing is to follow two simple rules: use only well-thawed product and salt it at the very end of cooking. And the most elementary way to cook up a delicious dinner is to fry the liver in a pan with onions and serve with potatoes or pasta.
- 500 g of offal;
- 1 onion (or salad);
- 0.5 tbsp. flour;
- 50 g butter;
- salt pepper.
- Free the liver from the films, rinse and blot with a paper towel. Cut into portions.
- In the pan, dissolve the butter, put the onion in it. That he did not give bitterness, pre-soak it for 5 minutes in boiling water.
- Stir-fried vegetables set aside.
- Add oil to a hot frying pan again and spread liver slices rolled in flour.
- On both sides, fry them for about 5 minutes. At the end of cooking, season with salt, pepper and lay the onion fried before.
- Mix all ingredients, cook over moderate heat for another 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Do not leave your liver in a thick-walled pan after turning off the burner. Such dishes retain heat well - offal continues to be prepared, despite the absence of fire, and as a result they become rigid.
Chicken offal stewed with vegetables
Lovers of tasty and healthy food are often interested in the question of how to cook chicken liver so that it is soft and juicy, not digested and not overcooked. A simple way out is an offal stewed with vegetables. This dish is cooked quickly, and the result is - you will lick your fingers.
- 500 g of offal;
- 2 onions;
- 1 sweet pepper;
- 20 ml of water;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- salt, spices, greens.
- Cut the prepared liver into halves.
- Finely chop the onion, skip the garlic through a press and fry everything on vegetable or butter until golden brown.
- Then add the liver, fry it all together for another 5 minutes. Stir as little as possible.
- Add chopped peppers, warm water, spices and a little greens.
- When the water boils, turn down the fire and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid tightly closed.
- Serve the liver hot, dusted with green onions.
The second with sour cream and mushrooms
Another way to fry chicken liver quickly and tasty is to add sour cream and greens to it.
- 500 g chicken liver;
- 2 large onions;
- 300 g of champignons;
- 200 g sour cream;
- salt pepper.
- Fry the onions first. Use a small fire to make it translucent and soft.
- When the onion acquires the desired consistency, add mushrooms to it sliced thin slices.
- Fry over moderate heat until the juice that the mushrooms give will evaporate.
- Next, lay out the prepared pieces of the liver, cut into quarters.
- Fry onions, mushrooms and by-product on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add sour cream mixed with salt and pepper, cover the dishes with a lid and hold the dish on moderate heat for 10 minutes.
- Ready liver surely season with finely chopped greens.
Chicken Liver with Gravy
Be sure to add this recipe to your culinary collection. He will tell you how to cook chicken liver in a pan with gravy quickly and tasty.
- 500 g of liver;
- 150 ml of milk;
- 100 g of flour;
- 1 onion;
- 2 tbsp. l mayonnaise;
- 1 carrot;
- salt, pepper, herbs, spices to taste.
- Prepare the ingredients: clean offal from films, finely chop the onion and carrot.
- In a hot frying pan, fry the onions first, after 2 minutes add the carrots to it. As soon as it becomes soft, lay out sliced liver. Cook it all together for 5 minutes. The fire is average.
- In cold milk, dilute the flour, spices (you can immediately add a portion of finely chopped greens) and pour the mass to the liver.
- Wait for the milk to boil, and immediately reduce the heat to a minimum.
- Soak it under the lid for 5 minutes.
- The dish is ready when the gravy becomes thick, and clear juice will be released from the liver.
Having reviewed the simple and accessible recipes, having studied all the recommendations, you will not regret if you try to include chicken liver dishes in the menu. Of the many offal, it is she who is the most delicious, wholesome and easy to digest. And you can cook it in just half an hour.