A dish of Hungarian shepherds - goulash - is popular all over the world. There are more than a hundred options for its preparation, including chicken goulash with gravy. What are the advantages of this dish and how can it be cooked in a new way?
How to choose and prepare chicken for goulash?
In addition to other advantages, chicken goulash has one more: any part of the carcass is suitable for a dish. Of course, it is best to cook goulash fillet of brisket, but the dish is not worse, if you take the ham. Only need to get rid of the bones. Preliminary preparation of chicken meat is not required, but to make the meat even more juicier, it can be soaked for about an hour in milk per 1 brisket –1 l of milk. Some housewives fry chicken before stewing, so that all meat juices are sealed inside the pieces. However, then you should take into account the peculiarity of the meat of this bird: after frying it becomes tougher. Therefore, if you decide to fry, be sure to soak it in milk beforehand.
Marinade for chicken
If you want to cook a particularly exquisite chicken goulash, then to give it a special taste to meat, you can marinate it beforehand.
- 500 g chicken;
- 2 onions;
- 50 g of vinegar;
- salt pepper;
- We cut the chicken in small pieces (it’s not worth shredding much).
- Shred bow.
- Put meat, onion, spices, salt, pepper in a saucepan. Stir.
- Fill with wine vinegar.
- Marinate at least 3 hours.
Chicken Goulash Recipe with Gravy
The most popular version of chicken goulash is a recipe with sour cream.
- 500 g chicken fillet;
- 1 tbsp. water or chicken broth;
- 4 tbsp. l low-fat sour cream;
- 1 large onion;
- 1 carrot;
- 2 tbsp. l tomato paste;
- 2 cloves of young garlic;
- 2 tbsp. l wheat flour;
- 50 ml of olive oil;
- salt pepper;
- Bay leaf;
- basil, spices.
- Cut the meat into cubes of medium size.
- Pour oil into a frying pan, fry chicken to a light blush.
- Cut the onion into half rings, carrot straws.
- Add onion and carrot to the meat, fry for about 5 minutes.
- We shift the chicken with vegetables in a bowl with a thick bottom, pour flour and spices, add basil.
- Pour broth or water, tomato paste and sour cream, close the lid and simmer for half an hour.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- 5 minutes before the readiness put garlic and bay leaf.
- Serve hot, decorated with greens.
Chicken Goulash with Mushrooms
There are many versions of how to cook chicken goulash with gravy. You can try a non-standard version - mushrooms give originality to the dish in this recipe.
- 500 g chicken fillet;
- 350 g of large champignons;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 onion;
- 100 g of tomato paste;
- 1 tbsp. l wheat flour;
- 150 g low-fat sour cream;
- 4 tbsp. l olive oil;
- 1 tsp. dried greens;
- 1 tbsp. warm water;
- salt pepper.
- Cut mushrooms into quarters.
- Onions and carrots cut into small cubes, and the meat into larger pieces.
- Pour oil on a heated frying pan, put the meat, fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add vegetables and mushrooms, fry for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in water and tomato paste, pour in salt, pepper and spices, simmer with the lid closed for 30 minutes.
- Pour sour cream in a small bowl, add flour, greens and beat well.
- Pour the mixture into the meat for 15 minutes until cooked.
- Serve hot.
Chicken goulash in a slow cooker
Which housewife does not like to cook in a slow cooker? Only that which does not have it. But if such a useful device in your kitchen is, then do not miss the chance to cook a gentle chicken goulash with it.
- 700 g chicken fillet (pre-boiled in salted water);
- 1.5 Art. water;
- 300 grams of tomato paste or sauce;
- 200 g of frozen sweet corn;
- 1 can of canned beans;
- 1 medium bulb;
- salt, pepper, spices;
- ½ lime.
- Chicken thinly cut along the fibers.
- Cut the onion into half rings.
- Put meat, onion, beans and corn in a pressure cooker.
- Pour sauce and water, salt, pepper and add spices.
- Select the option "Quenching", set for 1.5 hours.
- Serve hot, pre-sprinkled with lime juice.
Why is it worth mastering goulash from chicken meat?
Originally, goulash was made from veal or beef. But gradually pork and then chicken were used to make meat and vegetable stews. The latter option has several undeniable advantages, such as:
- low cost;
- speed (cooking chicken goulash with gravy takes only 30-40 minutes);
- dietary value (chicken - lean meat, does not create a serious load on the digestive tract and liver);
- low calorie (about 190 kcal per 100 g);
- rich in protein and macro and micronutrients.
The classic version of goulash involves the obligatory addition of onions, and other vegetables can be added to taste. One of the main advantages of chicken dishes is the fact that the meat of this variety is combined with any vegetables, so you can add to it:
- Bulgarian pepper (will add a savory flavor to the taste of chicken);
- tomatoes (make chicken meat more juicy);
- spices, especially basil (saturate the meat with an appetizing aroma and give a slight sweetness).
You can supplement the finished dish with almost any side dish, which is also an important plus for chicken goulash. It can be a classic mashed potatoes, cereal or baked vegetables. The original taste is obtained from a combination of chicken goulash with pearl barley.
Chicken goulash with gravy can be prepared in several ways. And each housewife brings something different to the recipes, taking advantage of the excellent compatibility of chicken with other products. Thanks to this, the dish turns out to be different every time, but always very tasty and satisfying.