Chicken breasts are a versatile product. Of these, you can make salads and sandwiches or cook a delicious soup. The main thing is to expose the poultry meat to sufficient heat treatment so that it is not raw, but not to digest, otherwise you can spoil the dish. How much to cook chicken breast so that it is soft and preserves its taste and healthy qualities?
How much to cook chicken breast, and what determines the time of its preparation?
White meat from chicken breasts is considered one of the best options for healthy and dietary food. How to cook it? The first thing that comes to mind is to roast tasty. Fried chicken, of course, is very tasty, but if it comes to the benefits and diet, it is better to boil the meat.
Many people believe that boiled chicken breasts are fresh and even tough. This opinion is wrong, just need the right approach to cooking. First, it is not necessary to serve one boiled chicken to the table: you can vary it with a side dish of vegetables, olive oil and lemon juice. Secondly, there are many wonderful dishes where boiled breasts are used as an ingredient - salads, pizzas, casseroles, soups and various cold appetizers.
To make the meat soft and juicy, you need to determine exactly how long to cook the chicken breast. And this, in turn, depends on how large the pieces and how many of them you are going to cook. It is also important to take into account which chicken belonged to the breast - young or old, whether there is meat in the skin or not, whether there are bones in it.
How many minutes to cook the chicken breast is affected by the cooking method - on the stove, in the microwave or using a pressure cooker. Now about the secrets of cooking:
- If you do not need chicken breasts for the soup, but for the second course, then to get a more harmonious taste, you need to cook the meat in vegetable broth.
- For aroma, add allspice or black peppercorns, a couple of bay leaves, and for delicacy add some white wine to the broth and add herbs.
- If you are preparing a dietary dish, then the skin and bones should be removed before cooking. With the skin, boiled chicken is softer and calorie.
- For the first course, the breasts are cooked with skins, bones and cartilage.
- For a cold snack you will need a boiled breast without skin and bones. It should cool down with the broth, otherwise you risk to overdry it, which will give the meat stiffness.
Boil breast for salad
We proceed to the acquisition of practical skills. If you are going to have a small festive dinner by the evening, then you definitely cannot do without chicken breast salad, since such a dish is not only tasty and healthy, but it is prepared quite quickly. How much to cook chicken breast for salad?
- Take chicken breasts, rinse, free them from the skin and bones and put in a saucepan.
- Fill with water so that it slightly covers the breasts.
- Put the pan on the stove and wait for boiling.
- Boil up? Reduce heat, put fragrant pepper, onion and carrot in a saucepan, do not forget to salt, stirring the contents slightly.
- We will continue to cook over low heat for 20-25 minutes.
And to speed up the process of cooking the breast, you can cut it, for example, in half or smaller, and then it will cook 5-10 minutes earlier.
Cooking chicken soup
Chicken breast soup used together with the skin and bones. Before putting it into the pot, be sure to rinse it. How much to cook chicken breast for soup?
- Pour water into the pan so that the breast is fully submerged and set on fire.
- After boiling water continue to cook over low heat. In order for the soup to turn out to be saturated, and we will have breast with pits, we will cook it a little longer than for the salad, that is, 30-35 minutes.
How much to cook chicken breast until cooked, you can determine with a fork, trying to poke a piece of meat. Slight piercing indicates readiness. Do not forget, cut breast will cook faster.
How much time to cook chicken breast for broth?
In this case, the chicken breast is boiled either in water or in vegetable broth, prior to its filtration.
- Pour water into the cooking container so that it is 3-4 cm higher than the meat ingredients.
- We put on the stove and let it boil, then reduce the heat and continue cooking with the lid on for about 20 minutes.
- When ready, chicken broth along with the breast insist for an hour.
Cooking in a slow cooker and pressure cooker
For modern cuisine in the age of space technology, the pan is yesterday. Many housewives have long been using pressure cookers and multicookers. Chicken breast, using a slow cooker, is best cooked in a double boiler mode. Firstly, chicken steamed is not at all inferior to boiled meat, and secondly, the breast will retain trace elements that are digested and remain in the broth.
- Pour a liter of water into the slow cooker, spread bacon on the steam grill.
- Do not forget to pre-treat the meat with spices and salt.
- Turn on the desired mode for steam and wait 40 minutes until ready.
In a pressure cooker, the process of cooking chicken breasts with 2-2.5 liters of water will take from 15 to 20 minutes from the moment of boiling and establishing the necessary pressure.
And remember that the meat turned out juicy and tender, the chicken must be young and fresh. Cook with pleasure!