Food lovers know that not always healthy dishes are tasty. But often this situation occurs where we do not know how to properly prepare and prepare a particular product. This also applies to cauliflower. How to cook cauliflower so that it becomes a worthy independent dish or ingredient of tasty salads or side dishes?
The advantages of cauliflower
The first question that arises from housewives who bought heads with white buds is whether to cook the cauliflower? In order for such a vegetable to reveal all the facets of its delicate taste, it must be boiled in salted water. Firstly, it softens, and secondly, it becomes even juicier. Boiled cabbage can be used as:
- garnish or ingredient vegetable side dishes for meat;
- appetizer (fried in batter or without, stewed cabbage becomes an excellent dish for breakfast or dinner);
- the basis of puree for babies, which introduces complementary foods;
- addition to meat, fish or vegetable salads;
- ingredient for canned vegetable salads.
Cauliflower gives tenderness and lightness to any dishes, as well as remarkably decorates them with its white velvet inflorescences.
How to cook fresh cauliflower?
So that the cabbage does not lose its beneficial properties, it must be boiled properly. The basic method of boiling is simple and straightforward.
- cauliflower head;
- salt (pinch).
- Wash the cabbage under running water, disassembled into florets.
- Lay the beaters in cold water in an enamel pan, set on medium heat, bring to a boil, salt.
- To understand how much to cook the cauliflower after boiling, periodically you should try its stalks with a fork (if they are easily pierced, the cabbage is ready).
Typically, the preparation of inflorescences - 10 minutes, if you cook the whole heading - 15-20 minutes. The main thing - do not miss the time when the stems soften a little. Because overdoing with heat treatment, you will see that the cabbage simply falls apart.
How to cook cauliflower until cooked in the microwave?
If you prefer to cook in the microwave, you can boil the cabbage in this way.
- cauliflower head, disassembled into inflorescences;
- 1 tbsp. l water;
- salt to taste
- Put the cabbage in the dish for the microwave, cover with a lid.
- Set the time - 3 minutes.
- We take out cabbage, we salt, we overturn.
- Sent in the microwave for another 5 minutes.
In the slow cooker, the cooking time will increase slightly, but in this case you can be sure that no vitamin will leave the product.
- cauliflower inflorescences;
- Put the washed inflorescences into the bowl of the multicooker, add some salt.
- Set the mode "Steaming" for 20 minutes. Cabbage is ready.
Boil frozen vegetable
Frozen cauliflower cook no more difficult than fresh. Only to the cooking time should be added 5-7 minutes. And in order to speed up the process, it is necessary to lay the inflorescences with the stems down - so they will boil faster. The same rule applies if a whole head is boiled. But, in any case, if the cauliflower is frozen, you do not need to defrost it beforehand, otherwise it will darken and take on an unappetizing appearance.
Properly cooked vegetables - half the success of the dish. This is why it is useful to consider some tips from professional chefs:
- a cabbage head should be without dark spots, surrounded by soft green leaves;
- in the refrigerator cauliflower is stored for up to a week;
- to save white when cooking, you can add 1 tsp. Sahara;
- if the vegetable smell is unpleasant, then after boiling you can add a piece of white bread to the water;
- so that the cabbage does not yellow in the cooking process, the pan does not need to be covered with a lid;
- lovers of interesting flavor combinations can boil the vegetable in mineral water.
Before you start cooking healthy vegetables, you need to know how to cook cauliflower. For the sake of an excellent end result, it is still worth spending 15-20 minutes for the preliminary preparation of the inflorescences. Then any dish with cabbage will be even tastier and healthier.