Buckwheat- very useful croup. It as well as oatmeal can be steamed with water, milk or kefir.
In stores, buckwheat is sold packaged in bags, usually cleaned. There is buckwheat, which can be quickly cooked, so to speak, "instant buckwheat." It is very easy to cook such buckwheat: threw a bag of buckwheat into a pan of boiling water, cook according to the instructions, and buckwheat is ready for use!
But not everyone cooks buckwheat this way. Many are accustomed to do it the old fashioned way. Cooking buckwheat in the old-fashioned way is also not difficult, the main thing is to adjust and take the correct proportions of water and cereal. Buckwheat can be cooked in a pan, in a microwave, in an oven and even in a slow cooker.
Useful properties of buckwheat
It is important to know that buckwheat has many useful properties. It is not only used as an independent dish, but also used in medicine and cosmetology. She's wellcleanses the body, removes toxins and toxins, and also normalizes digestion.
Doctors say that this croup improves skin, nails and hair. Buckwheat prevents the formation of cancerous tumors, normalizes blood sugar levels, boosts immunity, reduces cholesterol levels (because it is rich in fiber).
ATbuckwheat contains a large amount of vitamins and minerals:
- Fat oil
- Organic acids (malic, citric, maleic, menolenic, oxalic)
- Vitamins of group B
- Vitamins PP and E
How to cook buckwheat?
Will consider several ways to make buckwheat.
To properly cook buckwheat, you can use the proven method for years.
- Prepare buckwheat. Using a glass measure the desired amount of buckwheat. Remember, when cooking, the volume of buckwheat will increase about twice. Go through the cereal, peeling it from husks and debris. It is important that there are no pebbles in it, otherwise you may damage your teeth while eating. After rinse it under cold water.
- Pour two times more water into the pan than buckwheat. Bring water to a boil and salt.
- Pour buckwheat in boiling water. Wait until the water boils.
- After that, close the pan with a lid and boil the buckwheat until it is cooked. Stew should cook over low heat. During cooking, the water is absorbed into buckwheat, so make sure that buckwheat does not burn.
- Once the cereal is cooked, remove it from the heat. If necessary, add buckwheat butter, herbs or fried onions.
How much to cook buckwheat?
The approximate cooking time of buckwheat is 15-20 minutes. Sometimes cooking may take longer, for example, 40 minutes.
It is important to know that buckwheat on milk cooks longer, rather than on the water. Buckwheat porridge boiled in milk for about 35-45 minutes.
How to cook buckwheat on water?
Some people prefer not to cook buckwheat, but simply fill it with water in order to preserve all the beneficial properties.
- Carefully sort out buckwheat and rinse it under running water.
- Fill the cereal with cold boiled water. Water needs 1.5-2 times more than buckwheat itself.
- Leave it overnight, closing the dishes with a lid.
- In the morning, heat the buckwheat so that it is warm when consumed.
How to cook buckwheat in a slow cooker?
- Sort and wash the required amount of buckwheat.
- Put buckwheat in a slow cooker, fill it with water (1: 4).
- Set the mode "Buckwheat" or "Porridge" on the multicooker.
- Cooking buckwheat in a slow cooker - 20 minutes.
it one of the easiest ways to cook buckwheat. No need to ensure that the buckwheat is not burnt. Just set the mode and wait.
How to cook buckwheat in the microwave?
- Wash and reassemble buckwheat.
- Put the buckwheat in a dish for the microwave in the ratio of 1: 2 with water. Cover the pot with a lid.
- Microwave the maximum power and cook for 4 minutes.
- Then set the average power and cook for another 15 minutes.
Buckwheat is ready!
How to cook buckwheat: tips
- During cooking it is not recommended to interfere with buckwheat.
- It is recommended to cook the cereal in a thick cauldron or saucepan.
- Ready buckwheat is better to wrap in a blanket and leave for 25 minutes to evaporate.
- Buckwheat can be served with fried onions, greens, mushrooms, butter, meat, vegetables, etc.
- Calorie cooked buckwheat about 335 kcal per 100 g
- This product can be cooked with milk, kefir, ryazhenka and water.
With what to cook buckwheat: recipes
As a rule, butter is often added to buckwheat or simply poured over with milk. Boiled eggs go well with boiled cereals, grated vegetables, fried mushrooms, meat or onions.
there is several delicious and popular recipes that diversify the taste of buckwheat.
Tomatoes stuffed with buckwheat
- Buckwheat - 250 g
- Tomatoes - 5 - 7 pcs.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sour cream - 150 g
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Cut the tops off the tomatoes and remove the flesh from them. Cook the usual buckwheat and mix it with the pulp of tomatoes. Salt and pepper the mixture to taste.
- We put the buckwheat with pulp in tomatoes, close each tomato with the cut off top and put in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour the sour cream mixed with garlic into the tomatoes and put the stuffed tomatoes in the oven again. Bake until browning sour cream.
- Tomatoes, stuffed with buckwheat, can be served.
Buckwheat with mushrooms and onions
One of the most popular dishes in almost every Russian family.
- Mushrooms (any) - 400 g
- Water - 2.5 st.
- Buckwheat - 2 tbsp.
- Salt - to taste
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Oil - for frying
- Finely chop the mushrooms and cover them with water. Put the pan with the mushrooms on the stove and bring to the boil.
- After that, pour buckwheat into the pan with boiling water and mushrooms. Stir and boil until thick.
- Salt, cover the pan with a lid and put it in a warm place for 1.5 hours.
- Peel the onion and finely chop it. Fry the onions in a frying pan with vegetable oil until golden brown.
- Before serving, add fried onions. Buckwheat with onions and mushrooms is ready to eat!
Cooking buckwheat in different ways is not so difficult. Enjoy your meal!