Offal does not often appear in the menu, because it is more difficult to cook them than ordinary meat. However, in comparison with the latter, they are often much more useful, as well as easier to assimilate and less calorie. For example, beef liver is of great benefit to the blood, helps to avoid anemia; at the same time it is a pleasure to cook from it.
In order to create a tasty and satisfying dish it will take no more than half an hour. How to diversify your diet with it?
Cooking beef liver at home quickly and tasty: tips from professionals
In working with offal, especially with the liver, there is an important nuance: the less time for heat treatment will be spent, the more gently the dish will turn out. But not only this determines the successful outcome of culinary efforts. How to cook beef liver correctly?
- Almost all offal needs to be presoaked because they have an unpleasant bitter taste. Beef liver experts advise to lower for 30-60 minutes. in fresh cow milk. If not, you can use very salty cold water: 1 tablespoon of 200 ml of liquid is taken. salt. Or you can marinate the liver in any selected composition, but this should be done within 4-5 hours, in the cold.
- How much time to cook beef liver? If we talk about frying, especially in its pure form (without battering), then 10-15 minutes will be enough, and for very small pieces - 7-10 minutes. But direct roasting over high heat, together with turning the pieces, should not take more than 5 minutes in total, otherwise the product will be tough. If you want to put out to softness, the time will increase to 20 minutes.
- How not to overdry the liver? First, do not salt at the very beginning of frying - this will provoke the product to produce juice, which will lead to its rigidity. Secondly, use the following trick - place the raw pieces in a bowl, sprinkle with baking soda, leave for 60-90 minutes, and then rinse under running water.
But the fundamental point is not the preparation, but the choice of by-product. Make sure that the meat does not have windy and dried up areas, has an even burgundy shade. The darker it is, the older the liver, and the more greenish spots on it and blood clots, the more pronounced the bitterness. Also pay attention to the smell: if sourness manifests itself, it is better to refuse to purchase such an offal.
Beef liver chop in batter
The classic batter for most meat and fish dishes is an egg-flour mixture that is similar in consistency to liquid sour cream. If you do not have free time, it is enough to combine these components, beat them, dip pieces of liver into the resulting mass, and then fry them. But if you want to surprise family members and guests, or just try something unusual, you should enter a few more ingredients and steps into such a simple process.
- Beef liver - 450 g
- Chicken Egg - 2 pcs.
- Sour cream - 3 tbsp.
- Fresh cow's milk - 200 ml.
- Flour - how much will take a batter
- A mixture of ground peppers - 1 tsp.
- Vegetable oil - for roasting
- Ground dried rosemary - 1 tsp.
- Savory dried ground - 1/2 tsp.
- Dry red wine - 4 tbsp.
- If the liver has been frozen, allow it to retire at room temperature. Fresh offal simply rinse well under running water, then remove the film. Soak the liver in milk for 30-40 minutes to get rid of the bitterness.
- Rinse the by-product again, cut into large pieces, beat them with a wooden hammer with a relief surface so that the thickness of the piece is no more than 1 cm. Rub each of them with a mixture of peppers, rosemary and savory, pour in red wine, leave for 60 minutes. Be sure to cover the container with a lid so that the pieces do not blew.
- In a large bowl, beat the chicken eggs and sour cream, sprinkle with the spoons sifted wheat flour, kneading the dough: it should be a little less thick than on the pancakes, when you lean the spoon, do not immediately drain it. You can check the readiness by dipping a piece of liver in a batter: if the mass tightly embraces the by-product, then you can start frying.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep frying pan, dip the slices processed into it into the pan, fry on high heat for 2 minutes on each side. After that, reduce the power by half, turn over the chops again, cover the pan with a lid. Then cook the dish for 7 minutes, then turn the pieces, add salt and keep them in the pan for another 5-7 minutes. If desired, finely chopped onions can be thrown into the pan.
The finished dish due to frying in vegetable oil, of course, can not be considered low-calorie. If you are worried about your body shape or do not like heavy fried food, you can bake chops in the oven - to do this, place them on a baking tray covered with foil, put them in the oven warmed to 190 degrees and wait 15-20 minutes until a golden brown crust appears. After that, to make the dish more attractive, you can set the grill mode and wait another 5-7 minutes.
How to cook beef liver pate?
Pate - pasta from offal, or poultry meat, which is used for sandwiches or in closed pies. Shops do not shine with a variety of this product, and the composition often leaves much to be desired, therefore we suggest you to try making a pate based on beef liver on your own.
- Beef liver - 800 g
- Salo - 300 g
- Butter - 15 g
- Onion - 1 pc.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Salt, pepper - to taste
- Rinse the liver in 2 waters, put it in a pan with cold water, bring to a boil. Scale for 35 minutes, then add 200 ml of broth: the rest can be eliminated.
- Cut the liver into small pieces, chop in a food processor. Peel and chop the carrots and onions, throw them onto a hot frying pan, add 100 ml of broth to them, extinguish for 10-15 minutes. over medium heat under the hood.
- Chop the bacon with a knife, fry in a frying pan with thick walls so that it is slightly warmed up.
- Combine liver, carrot, onion, fried lard, as well as butter and broth in the combine bowl. If desired, you can add nutmeg and ground pepper.
- At high speed, mix all ingredients for 2-3 minutes. To get a uniform consistency. Lay out the finished pate in cans, refrigerate for several hours.
If you want to prepare a dietary version of the paste, discard the lard and butter, replace them with avocado: this product has a high fat content, but is absorbed by the body much easier and does not create a heavy combination with meat by-products.
In conclusion, I would like to say that no matter what method of cooking beef liver was chosen, be careful to prepare the most identical in size and shape of the pieces. Then they will be evenly fried or baked, increasing the likelihood that part of the dish will not be overdried and tough.