Often, those who hear about pearl barley, immediately associate with tasteless army cuisine, kindergarten porridge and pickle. Therefore, few housewives today love to cook barley, and even less know how to cook it delicious. It’s time to debunk the myth that all healthy foods are tasteless. Now we find out what is useful barley porridge, it is no wonder that it is included in the diet of soldiers and children.
About the benefits of pearl barley
Pearl barley contains various vitally important and necessary for the body substances: vitamins, fats, carbohydrates, proteins, trace elements, fiber. The rich composition of trace elements is surprising variety: here and salts of potassium, calcium, iron, as well as zinc, copper, manganese, cobalt, phosphorus, chromium, iodine, molybdenum, strontium, nickel, bromine.
Perlovka - a necessary product for your beauty and health. If you eat barley twice a week, then your hair, skin and nails will gain a healthy, beautiful look. And due to the content of hordecin, pearl barley has the broadest and most powerful antifungal and antibacterial action.
Cooking barley porridge with milk. Gourmet recipe
- Perlovka - 1st.
- Soaking water - 1l
- Milk - 2 L
- First, by all means it is necessary to soak the barley in water. We take the cereal in proportion to 1 glass of barley per 1 liter of water. And soak it overnight in cold water for at least 8 hours.
- Now we heat up 2 liters of water to 1 cup of barley. When the milk warmed up, put the barley. After boiling boil the cereal for 10 minutes. And immediately move the porridge to the water bath. To languish in this way porridge should be 5-6 hours. Thanks to this recipe, porridge will become crumbly and tender. You can add porridge with cream or butter. It is necessary to eat porridge immediately, otherwise then it will become tough and will not justify your efforts.
Barley porridge with cheese
- Barley - ½ st.
- Water - 1.5 Art.
- White cheese - 250 g
Rinse the pearl barley several times, pour boiling water over it and let it swell for 2-3 hours. Then pour cold water and put on fire. Boil 35-40 minutes, until the barley is soft, it should absorb all the water. Then we cut the cheese into pieces, add to the porridge, cover for 20 minutes, so that the barley is well soaked.
Barley porridge with dried fruit in pots
Such porridge acquires a wondrous aroma and pleasant taste after roasting in the oven.-
- Perlovka- 1st.
- Water - 1l
- Dried fruits - (dried apricots, figs, prunes, raisins, dates) - 200g.
- Honey - 2 tsp.
- Cinnamon - 1 tsp.
- Orange peel - 2 tsp.
- Rinse the pearl barley 4-5 times in water. Then pour on 1st. Barley 1 liter of cold water and leave overnight. Rinse dried fruits several times, then pour boiling water and leave for 15-20 minutes so that they swell. You can chop the dried fruit, and you can leave large.
- Barley mix with lemon zest and cinnamon. Put a piece of butter on the bottom of the pot, then lay out the products in layers: barley is part of dried fruit, barley is dried fruit, pour honey on top. Water should be poured into the pots, approximately 50 ml, a little less than half. And leave a place in the pot so that the barley is well steamed.
- Put the pots, covered with lids or foil, in a preheated oven for 50-60 minutes.
- When serving, pour the porridge with cream.
- Cooking porridge in pots is also good because it retains heat for a long time, and you should eat hot barley, otherwise it will become stiff again.
Change your attitude to pearl barley - use it as often as possible. After all, this is how you maintain your immunity and at the same time eliminate the possibility of catarrhal diseases. One has only to start with several dishes, and you will understand how tasty this product is.
Cook with pleasure, bon appetit!