Eastern sweetness, which came from Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan and Turkey, with the interesting name Baklava, is familiar to everyone. Its honey taste, crumbly dough and nuts are few people indifferent.
It is calorie, but its unusual taste should be tried even for beauties who strictly follow their weight at least once, and it is imperative that you please children with such sweetness as baklava. And for this it is not necessary to go to the far East, it can be prepared at home.
The average cooking time for baklava at home is approximately 40 minutes.
How to cook baklava at home?
- Eggs - 8 pcs.
- Flour - 700 g
- Milk - 250 ml
- Soda - pinch
- Butter - 190 g
- Honey - 270 ml
- Sugar - 190 g
- Walnuts - 270 g
- Wash and beat the eggs with a mixer. Soften the butter. Add it to the eggs, along with sifted flour and slightly warmed milk.
- Knead the dough tightly and then divide it into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
- Fry walnuts fry in a dry skillet. Then pass them through a blender and mix with sugar.
- Melt the butter, roll the dough with a rolling pin into thin layers.
- Grease a baking sheet with butter. Put one layer on it, brush with butter and sprinkle with nuts and sugar. Put all the dough layers in order, making between them layers of walnuts.
- Wash the egg, separate the white from the yolk and whisk the yolk with water. Grease the top layer of dough with whipped yolk. Without touching the bottom of the knife, cut the baklava into diamonds. Cuts pour part of the butter.
- Preheat oven to 2300C. Put in a baklava mold and bake for 20 minutes. Then pour the remaining baklava with the remaining butter, melted honey and put the baklava in the oven again for 20 minutes.
Cooking baklava:classic recipe
- Sour cream - 200 g
- Butter - 200 g
- Flour - 200 g
- Sugar - 170 g
- Walnuts - 250 g
- Chicken eggs - 3 pcs.
- Honey - 1 tbsp. l
- Butter - 0, 80 g
- Cardamom - 1/3 tsp.
- Nutmeg - 1/3 tsp.
- First you need to make a dough. To do this, separate the yolks from proteins. Melt the butter and pour into a small plate. Add sour cream to butter, 3 tbsp. l sugar, 3 yolks and some salt. Beat the whole mass very well.
- Sift flour. It is necessary to sow flour, then the dough is much better. Slowly add the flour to the mass of yolks, butter and make the dough. The dough should be thick, so that it is easy to roll into the reservoir.
- The dough should be divided into 3 equal parts and put in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Now on the stove it is necessary to heat a dry frying pan. Put walnuts on it and lightly brown them. Leave one part of the nuts for decorating baklava, and chop the other in a food processor or using a meat grinder. Then mix the nuts with the spices.
- Egg whites should be whipped into a strong foam, add chopped nuts and the remaining sugar.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator, divide it into 3 parts and roll out a thin layer from one.
- Grease a baking sheet with butter and put dough on it. Top half of the filling of nuts and egg whites. Then roll the second thin layer and cover them with the filling. Put the second part of the nut mix on top. Roll out the last part of the text and cover them with stuffing.
- The surface of the future baklava needs to be greased with yolk. Using a knife, cut the dough into diamonds. In each of the resulting diamond, press half of the walnut.
- Preheat oven to 1800C. Put in a baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Then melt the butter and honey and smear the baklava out of the oven with the mixture. And immediately put the baklava back until it is baked until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Honey baklava puff pastry at home
- Water - 1 tbsp.
- Lemon - 1 pc.
- Flour - 200 g
- Sugar - 600 g
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Chopped walnuts - 1 tbsp. l
- Melted margarine - 1 tbsp. l
- To make puff pastry, sift flour. Dissolve salt in a glass of water and pour into the flour. Water should be at room temperature. Knead the dough well and cover with a damp cloth.
- Crush nuts, it is better to do not with a meat grinder, but with a rolling pin.
- Divide the dough into 10 pieces.
- Grease a baking sheet. Roll out the dough and sprinkle the board and rolling pin with starch. So that the dough does not break, using a rolling pin, screw it onto it with a roll.
- Grease each thin layer of dough with melted margarine. When the pan turns out five layers, put the nuts on them. The remaining parts of the dough, too, thinly roll out on layers, grease them and put the nuts on top. To cook baklava at home faster, you can use puff yeast dough.
- Cut the dough with a sharp knife into squares. Pour them with the remaining margarine, trying to do it evenly. Then preheat the oven to 1800With and bake baklava 50 min.
- At this time, make sugar syrup. Pour sugar into the pan, pour water to make it a little more. Separately, heat the water, put lemon there. Then cut it and squeeze it into 1 tbsp. l juice. Add lemon juice to water with sugar. Place the pot on the stove and make a thick syrup.
- When the baklava is ready, pour it with syrup. Do this gently and slowly so that the syrup soaks through the cuts into the dough.
- If you want, you can put the baklava in the refrigerator. To the table it is served in the cooled form.
Baklava can be cooked not only with nuts, but also with chocolate, like the English, or with maple syrup instead of honey, like Americans.. According to traditional recipes, Baklava is usually prepared from 8 layers, and instead of walnuts you can take pistachios or hazelnuts. But the number of layers depends on the personal desire of each hostess. Therefore, do not be afraid to experiment, and you can accurately please your relatives with an exotic baklava.