Asparagus is an extremely useful product, successfully used in cooking. It can be cooked, roasted, pickled and used in the preparation of salads. Asparagus carries a large supply of energy and at the same time has a low calorie content.
Asparagus Salad with Green Peas
- Green Peas - 300 g
- Young asparagus - 100 g
- Salad leaves - 50 g
- Mint - 50 g
- Sugar - 1 tbsp. l
- Apple cider vinegar - 4 tbsp. l
- Salt, black pepper - to taste
- Place asparagus and green peas in salted water. Put a container of water on the fire. Cook peas and asparagus for 3 minutes.
- Discard the finished products in a colander, and then cool in ice water. Part of the broth, resulting after cooking, must be left.
- Take a blender and put the broth from the peas and asparagus in it (take 4 tsp liquid), ice cube, salt, sugar, ground black pepper, mint leaves and apple cider vinegar. All these ingredients, when mixed, form a green sauce.
- To serve the salad on the table, first place any salad leaves (arugula, watercress, root) on the plate. Then put boiled asparagus and green peas. Season the salad with a green blender mint sauce.
- On the first plate with this salad you can serve Parma ham or cold mutton, cut into slices.
Lunch with tomatoes
- White asparagus - 300 g
- Green Asparagus - 300 g
- Salt - to taste
- Sugar - 1 tsp.
- Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp. l
- Tomatoes - 200 g
- Sorrel - 20 g
- Green onions - 50 g
- Parsley - 50 g
- Celery Green - 2 Sprigs
- Peking cabbage - 300 g
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Corn oil - 100 ml
- Ground black pepper - to taste
- First you need to peel the asparagus. With white, remove the skin from top to bottom, while removing hard tips, while the green need only clean the bottom of the shoots. Asparagus cut into slices about 3 cm.
- Pour 3 tbsp into the pot. water, add sugar, vegetable oil and ½ tsp. salt. All this stir, put on the fire and bring to a boil.
- Put the white asparagus in boiling water first and add the green one after 15 minutes. Asparagus should be cooked for about 15 minutes, while ensuring that it does not digest. Cut the tomatoes crosswise, so that only the skin is notched. Dip them in boiling water, and then pour over cold water. Now you can peel them off. Cut the prepared tomatoes in half and remove the seeds. Cut the remaining flesh into cubes.
- Tear off leaves from parsley and celery stalks. Sorrel leaves should be cut into thin strips, and green onion feathers should be cut into small rings.
- On a dish, spread the leaves of Peking cabbage. Place on them the already cooled asparagus, chopped tomatoes and sorrel.
- Squeeze out the lemons. Salt and pepper the resulting liquid. In the juice, slightly beating, gradually add vegetable oil. Pour the salad with the dressing.
- Decorate the dish with parsley and celery leaves. The salad is ready, you can serve it to the table.
How to cook asparagus?
There are 2 ways to cook asparagus. The first involves bundling it in bundles and boiling it in a narrow saucepan. This method is good because only the lower parts of the plant are in the water, and the tops are treated with steam. With such cooking, the vegetable retains more vitamins. The second method is to boil the asparagus in bulk.
Whatever method you choose, remember that the vegetable should be dipped in boiling, pre-salted water. Boil the asparagus should be very short. Usually its preparation takes only 2-3 minutes. If overexposed, it can become soft and tasteless.
Before you start boiling the asparagus, be sure to prepare the ice. Immediately after boiling, shoots should be placed in a bowl of ice water. Very cold water will stop the thermal processes in the vegetable, making the asparagus crisp and juicy green. If you do not cool it in time, then the thermal processes will continue, and it will reach under the action of the remaining heat inside.
To keep the asparagus as fresh, add a small amount of salt to the ice water. The boiled vegetable may be stored in ice water for some time, but it must be dried before it is eaten and served.
Marinated Asparagus: Recipe
This dish is very simple to prepare, but extremely tasty. Try making marinated asparagus yourself - you will not regret!
Composition (based on 5 liter cans):
- Asparagus - 3 kg
- Apple Cider Vinegar - 3 tbsp.
- Salt - 2 tbsp. l
- Garlic - 10 cloves
- Pure distilled water - 3 tbsp.
- Lemon rings - 5 pcs.
- Allspice - 10 pcs. (in each bank on 2 pieces)
- Black pepper peas - 10 pcs. (2 pcs. per jar)
- Thyme - 1 tbsp. l
- Flakes of red pepper - 1 tbsp. l
- French Herb Blend - 1 Sachet
- Mustard seeds - 1-2 tbsp. l
- First, the asparagus should be well washed under running water. Place a clean vegetable on the board and cut the fiber tips.
- Fill the pot half with running water and place on the fire. In the boiled water, blanch the asparagus for about 2-3 minutes.
- Then remove the vegetables from the water using a skimmer and place them in a deep bowl. When the asparagus has cooled, you can chop it into pieces or pickle the whole stalks. The stems should be of such size that they can easily fit into liter jars.
- Wash the lemon well and dry it. Then cut 5 rings from it. Place lemon rings in jars (1 in each).
- To lemon, add garlic cloves (2 in each jar), allspice and black pepper. Then put the asparagus in jars, cut down so that the vegetables lie tightly to each other. Before folding products, posterilize banks.
- Now you need to cook the marinade. Pour distilled water in the required amount into a saucepan and put it on medium heat.
- When the water boils, add the herbs and spices listed in the recipe. It is necessary to cook the marinade for 2-3 minutes, so that the spices give their flavor to the water. Then add salt and apple vinegar. All together you need to cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- When the marinade is ready, pour it into the cans using a ladle. The liquid should cover the asparagus completely and be no more than 1 cm below the level of the neck of the jar.
- Banks cover with sterilized lids and place them in the pan. Pour running cold water into the container so that it does not reach the neck of the cans with 2-3 fingers.
- Put the vessel with the banks on high heat. When water boils, reduce the power of fire to medium, cover the pan with a lid. Sterilize the asparagus for about 20 minutes.
- After sterilization is completed, the cans of boiling water should be pulled out and placed on the table. Covers of cans roll a key for preservation.
- Then the containers should be turned upside down, put them on a previously laid blanket. Cover the banks with the free end of the blanket so that there are no slots.
- Cool asparagus will be in 1-2 days. Put the finished jars with pickled asparagus in storage in the basement, cellar or storeroom.
See also:How to cook asparagus in Korean?
Asparagus dishes have amazing taste and are very healthy. In addition, cooking this vegetable is easy. Even a person who possesses the minimum skills necessary in a kitchen can do it right. Asparagus deserves special attention for the diet menu, since it has a low calorie content.