Fish dishes are loved by all nations inhabiting our planet. And not in vain, because consuming fish, we feed our body with vitamins A, D, E, iodine, iron, selenium, zinc, calcium, magnesium. Fish - high-quality protein, which includes a set of amino acids needed by the human body. Mackerel (mackerel) occupies a worthy place in popularity among marine fish. List all the recipes and ways of cooking it is simply impossible. That is why we will focus on one thing and consider how to cook mackerel in a pan.
How to cook a mackerel in a frying pan: the basic methods and tips of chefs
On sale we find smoked mackerel, salted and frozen. To make the fish tasty, let's reveal the simple secrets of experienced chefs:
- For cooking, it is advisable to use slightly frostbitten mackerel - it is easier to process and cut into pieces of the desired size.
- In order for the fish not to fall apart and not lose their valuable qualities, it needs to be properly defrosted. To do this, it should be placed on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator or in cool salted water.
- Mackerel fat has a peculiar smell when it is heated - marinades are used to get rid of it.
- To preserve the juiciness you need to use breadcrumbs, flour, sesame. Dip the breaded fish in the egg and fry.
- In a pan with a non-stick coating, mackerel can be fried without butter.
Mackerel stewed with carrots and onions: a recipe with photos
- mackerel - take the carcass, so that the total weight was 2 kg;
- onions - 3 pcs .;
- carrots - 2 pcs .;
- sour cream - 2-3 tbsp. l .;
- vegetable oil;
- parsley and dill;
- salt pepper.
- We start with the preparation of fish: remove the head, fins, insides. Wash under running water and cut into identical pieces. Another important point: dry mackerel with paper towels.
- In a heated frying pan, fry the prepared fish until golden brown in vegetable oil.
- Take the tank to extinguish and put mackerel fried on both sides.
- Getting to the preparation of vegetables: onions and carrots.
- Peel carrots, wash and cut into thin straws, you can grate it on a special grater.
- Fry carrots in the same oil as the fish, evenly cover the prepared mackerel with it.
- Peel the onions, cut into half rings, fry in a frying pan until golden brown and send to the already prepared fish with carrots.
- Gently pour a glass of water at room temperature into the sour cream, pour the prepared products into the mixture.
- Salt to taste, add spices and send to stew our dish on a slow fire for about 20 minutes. Our fish is ready!
Note hostess: fry delicious fish
Recipe number 1
- mackerel - 2 pcs., total weight - 1 kg;
- onions - 3 pcs .;
- butter - 2 tbsp. l .;
- Brussels sprouts - 500 g
- lime - 1 pc .;
- garlic - 2-3 slices;
- vegetable oil - 4 tbsp. l .;
- spices (approximately 50 g each type): mint, basil, marjoram, cloves, white pepper;
- salt - to taste.
- Let's start with the preparation of products for the marinade, because the success of the dish depends on it.
- We need a blender to make the mass gentle and homogeneous. Put the washed and dried greens, zest and lime juice, peeled garlic, salt, spices and oil into the container.
- Blender whip the mixture into a lush mass.
- Leave the marinade and proceed to the preparation of fish.
- Take a glass dish with high sides, the bottom lay out cut into half rings onions.
- Wash the mackerel under running water, clean the entrails, remove the gills, but leave the carcasses whole.
- We'll cut the skin of the fish with shallow cuts: first one way, then the other.
- Put the prepared seafood on the onion pillow, pour the sauce and place in the refrigerator for about one hour.
- While the fish is drawn, prepare the cabbage. In boiling lightly salted water for 5 minutes, put the tiny cabbage blossoms. Put it on the grate and let it drain the excess water.
- Fry cabbage in butter.
- So it's time to fry mackerel. We will use a frying pan with a non-stick coating, because our fish is already rather oily, besides under the marinade.
- We fry the mackerel on both sides for approximately seven minutes until a golden crust is formed.
- Put the finished fish in a dish, add Brussels sprouts and garnish with lemon slices before serving.
Recipe number 2
- mackerel - 1 pc .;
- salt - 1 tsp;
- ground pepper - 1 tsp;
- egg - 1 pc .;
- Prepare the fish according to all the rules: separate the head, fins, tail, giblets. Wash under running water and cut into small portions.
- In a small container, whisk the egg.
- Take a plastic bag for baking, mix salt and pepper in it. It is very convenient to lower each piece in this package, and spices will evenly envelop fish steaks.
- Melt the butter in a pan and put the prepared pieces of mackerel.
- First, dip in a mixture of salt and pepper, and then in the egg - and in the pan.
- Fry the mackerel in a frying pan until golden crisp.
- The finished dish can be sprinkled with lemon juice and served.
Mackerel is a fish that possesses not only excellent taste and a positive effect on human health, but is also magical according to the claims of healers. If you managed to catch a mackerel in a dream, it means that you have called for good luck for making acquisitions. If the bone from this fish is buried on the ocean and at the same time make a wish, then it will not take a year to complete it. Eat mackerel, use our recipes in its preparation. Good appetite!