The hare is the most common type of game. Its population is widely represented in central Russia, as well as in Canada and the United States. Today, the hare remains the subject of dreams and desires of most hunters. Gourmets and experts refer the hare to delicacies. In addition, this product is a dietary and low-calorie (per 100 g of meat - 124 kcal).
How to choose the carcass of a wild hare?
If your husband is a hunter, then this question disappears by itself. But in the event that you yourself choose a carcass, you need to consider a few points.
As you know, hares are hare and hare. Meat of the hare, according to experts, is more useful and tasty.
The most delicious is the mountain hare. In second place - hares living in the lowlands - forests and steppes. The least tasty are the hares, whose halo of habitat are swamplands.
The age of the hare is one of the main criteria. The most delicious - young - up to a year. There are many distinctive features of the old and young individuals. For example, a young individual has a short and thick neck, thick knees and soft ears, legs that easily break. The silhouette of old hares is more elongated and thin. They are more sinewy.
Another important argument - the time of shooting. From early September to late March, hares are the most well-fed and, therefore, the most delicious.
Little Culinary Tricks
Like any game, hare meat is a very peculiar and specific product. Experienced hunters claim that for the most complete disclosure of the taste of this meat, it is necessary that the carcass before cutting, was in a cool place for several days. But if this is not possible, then you must soak the meat anyway. This will make it more tender and discourage peculiar smell.
It is necessary to soak a hare carcass from 12 hours to a day. There are several options: simple cold water (it needs to be changed from time to time), water with vinegar, ready-made marinade or whey (the most suitable way for dieters).-
In addition, nutritionists say that it would be more correct to prepare a hare, cutting it into portions. There are many recipes for making a wild hare at home. Here we offer you the most interesting ones.
How to cook a hare in the oven?
Hare in sour cream
- Wild hare bird - 1 pc.
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Butter - 2 tbsp. l
- Chicken broth - 250 gr
- Flour - 3 tbsp. l
- Fat - 300 gr
- Sour cream - 1 tbsp.
- Salt, spices
- Chop the carcass into pieces. Each piece in several places to cut and put in the cuts of pieces of fat.
- Put the pieces of meat on a greased baking sheet. Chop onion, pour on meat.
- Drizzle the hare with melted butter. Put the baking tray in preheated to 200 aboutWith an oven.
- Willingness to determine the occurrence of golden brown. The total time is impossible to say, since it depends on the age of the hare. Meat periodically water the resulting juice.
- 10-15 minutes before readiness (to determine "by eye") remove the baking sheet from the oven, pour all the juice into a saucepan.
- We also send chicken broth, sour cream, salt and spices. To languish on slow fire.
- Fry the flour in the pan and add to the boiling sauce, stirring constantly. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the meat and put in the oven for about 30-40 minutes.
Hare baked with potatoes
- Hare bird - 1 pc.
- Potatoes - 7-8 pcs.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Garlic - 2-3 cloves
- Mayonnaise - 150 gr
- Vegetable oil
- Salt, spices - to taste
- Pre-soaked hare chopped into portions. Salt, pepper, grease with vegetable oil.
- Add chopped garlic, spices. Leave the meat to marinate (minimum 1 hour).
- 15 minutes before the time expires add about 100 grams of mayonnaise. Mix. Leave for 15-20 minutes.
- On a baking sheet greased with vegetable oil, lay the meat, chopped onion rings, grated carrot, sliced potatoes.
- Separately mix 1 tbsp. water, 2 eggs, the remaining mayonnaise, salt and spices. Beat and. pour the meat over the mixture.
- Put in preheated to 160 aboutWith an oven for at least 2 hours.
Hare under a cheese crust in a slow cooker
- Wild hare bird - 1 pc.
- Animal fat - 200 gr
- Onions - 2 pcs.
- Sour cream - 100 gr
- Cheese (preferably hard) - 100 gr
- Potatoes - 6 pcs.
- Salt, spices - to taste
- Water - 1 tbsp.
- Juice ½ lemon (you can replace 1 tablespoon of vinegar)
- Salt, pepper - to taste
- Bay leaves, onions - 1 pc.
- Make marinade from water, lemon juice, salt and pepper. On the night before cooking, marinate the meat in the marinade, add bay leaf and onion rings.
- In the morning get the pieces of the hare to get out of the marinade, blot with a napkin and fry in animal fat, over high heat. This must be done quickly so that the meat is not dry.
- In the multivarking 2 tbsp. l fat, chopped onion half rings and fry a little, without closing the lid.
- Add peeled and chopped potatoes, salt and pepper. Mix.
- Spread the fried pieces of meat on the potatoes, onion - sliced onion slices. Top - a layer of sour cream, then - a layer of grated cheese. Pour a glass of water (you can broth) and cook in quenching mode for 30 minutes.
Useful properties of hare
As mentioned above, one of the main advantages of this meat is low calorie content. In addition, when properly prepared, the hare has a delicate flavor. Nutritionists recommend that people use this meat to keep an eye on their body because of their high biological value. Zaychatina recommended in baby food, as this meat is easily digested and does not cause allergies. This product is rich in protein (per 100 g - 13.5 g of proteins).
- How to cook elk meat to be soft?
- Rabbit in a Pot with Potato: Simple Recipes
- How to cook chakhokhbili from chicken?
- How to cook delicious lamb?
- How to fry soft meat in a pan?
In addition, the hare contains a whole "bunch" of minerals and vitamins: calcium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, fluorine, manganese, vitamin C, groups B and PP. But the sodium and cholesterol salts in this meat is very small, which is also a recommendation for diet. Wild hare meat is a real find for those who love to eat tasty and satisfying, but remain in good shape.