Probably, there is not a single housewife who would not cook champignons. These mushrooms have become popular due to their taste and long shelf life. And recipes with champignons just do not count. Many housewives ask themselves questions: how to clean champignons before cooking and whether it is necessary to do it at all? Let's find the answers together.
Do I need to clean the mushrooms before cooking?
First of all, it should be noted that champignons are of two types: forest and commercial. If the mushrooms came to your kitchen from the forest, then they certainly require careful preprocessing.
Shop mushrooms, as a rule, are sold clean and without unnecessary waste, so many housewives simply wash them and immediately cook them. But experienced chefs recommend still slightly clean purchased mushrooms, because there is no guarantee that they are grown in sterile conditions and without the use of harmful fertilizers for humans. In general, the decision to take only you. We will acquaint you with the processing technology of both forest and purchased champignons.
How to clean forest mushrooms?
In order to clean the forest mushrooms, we need to prepare the following materials and ingredients:
- sharp knife;
- a bowl with high sides;
- kitchen towel;
- some flour;
- First of all, you should carefully examine the mushrooms and make sure that there is no rot on them. All spoiled champignons should definitely be thrown away. Do not cut them.
- Now you need to shake off the dirt from the mushrooms. This can be done in two ways: using ordinary napkins or just rub the mushrooms together.
- We take a knife and quite a bit cut off the legs. Attention: all dried up, as well as sluggish places should also be cut off so that they do not spoil the taste of our dish.
- Then it is necessary to hold the mushrooms for 3-5 seconds under a stream of very cold water. If the mushrooms are overexposed under water longer than the allotted time, then they will accumulate too much moisture, which will spoil the aroma of the mushrooms during their preparation.
- If the champignons are very dirty, pour some water into the dishes with high sides and mix it with flour. Put the mushrooms in this mixture and leave for 5-10 minutes. Then remove the mushrooms and wipe them.
And one more important tip: cut champignons, starting from the leg, and it is not recommended to keep peeled mushrooms for a long time, therefore it is better to cook them right away. In extreme cases, put the champignons in a container, tightly close it and put in the refrigerator, but not more than 24 hours.
Many housewives are interested in the question: if the mushrooms are dark, can they be eaten? In general, it is not recommended to cook such mushrooms in order to avoid problems with the gastrointestinal tract, and their taste qualities are not changing for the better.
What are the features of the preparation of mushrooms for frying?
If you decide to pamper your household with fried champignons, then pay attention to such features of their pre-treatment:
- Mushrooms are washed under running water and dried.
- If champignons have large caps, it is desirable to remove the skin from them. To do this, pick it up from any edge and pull it towards the center.
- Then the mushrooms should be cut and salt, and only then fry.
By the way, if mushrooms first boil for 5 minutes, and then fry, they will be more juicy and fragrant.
What to do with the purchase of mushrooms?
Before you buy cleaned mushrooms, you need to figure out how to choose them correctly. It is necessary to pay attention to such moments:
- the cap of fresh champignon is white or brown;
- the leg of the fungus should be firm and strong;
- if the champignon has brown spots or a film between the stem and the cap is torn, then this means that it is stale.
It is necessary to clean purchased champignons only before their preparation in such a way:
- At the base of the stem of the fungus, it is necessary to cut a thin layer, since it is in this place that dirt can accumulate.
- Now you should carefully cut the top layer off the leg of the fungus.
- From the edge of the cap we hook with a knife, always sharp, peel and scrape it.
- Peeled champignons must be well washed and dried, and then you can cook.
The success of any dish depends not only on the recipe of its preparation, but also on how well the products were prepared. The same goes for champignons. In order not to spoil the taste of mushrooms, you need to choose and clean them. Cook with pleasure!