What alcoholic drink is considered harmful, but it remains popular in our country? That's right, moonshine. What just do not make it to get rid of manufacturers of harmful impurities! And if we reject absolutely anecdotal methods (such as manure filtration), then recipes describing how to clean the moonshine with milk are quite acceptable.
People's ingenuity and scientific approach
Cleansing of moonshine with milk has been used for many decades. Our forefathers used what was available to soften the taste of the drink. And the cow udder in the literal sense was at hand with almost every resident of the village, from which this homemade alcoholic beverage originated. But in the conditions of modernity, one folk tradition is not enough - you need to know the mechanism of interaction of the components, before you figure out how to clean the moonshine with milk at home.
Harm of moonshine due to the presence in its composition:
- poisonous alcohols;
- fusel oils.
As for the latter, 80% of the total amount of fusel oils that are in the moonshine, are toxic and can cause irreparable harm to the body. How does cleaning milk? To do this, remember that in this natural substance there is a water-soluble albumin and complex protein casein. They bind the molecules of the by-products of alcoholic fermentation, bringing them to the sediment. Thanks to this, moonshine is purified and gets a mild taste.
3 ways to clean the moonshine with milk
Why is country moonshine, purified with milk, so muddy? The fact is that the fats contained in the natural filter do not dissolve in alcohol, and therefore affect the transparency of the drink. And if you consider that fresh milk is very fat, local tasters are forced to accept this state of affairs. However, if you take skimmed milk, the effect of cleansing will be the same, but the color (especially after double cleaning) will become transparent. Now about filtering methods.
- 10 l of 45-degree moonshine (squirrels will coagulate poorly in liquids over 60 degrees);
- 1 liter of pasteurized skimmed milk;
- 10 tablets of activated carbon.
- Dilute moonshine water to the desired degree.
- Pour in milk.
- We send the container to a dark place for 7 days.
- Every day, shake the mixture to highlight the precipitate.
- Strain the drink through cotton wool, which is wrapped in activated carbon. The product is ready to eat.
- 1 l of moonshine;
- 250 ml of milk with a low percentage of fat or skim.
- We bring moonshine to 45 degrees.
- Pour into alcohol ½ tbsp. milk, mix.
- Tightly closing the lid, we ship for 5-6 days in a dark place. Daily have to shake the contents of the container.
- Merge moonshine through cotton wool.
- Dilute with water 1: 2 and pour milk again.
- Repeat steps 3, 4.
Please note: the output product will need to be divided into "head", "body" and "tail." This means that the closer to the bottom of the container, the less purified will be the moonshine.
Purify moonshine can not only pasteurized or fresh milk, but also dry. The effect will be the same.
- 10 l of moonshine;
- 6 g of powdered milk;
- 10 l of filtered warm boiled water.
- Pour powdered milk into the water, mix well.
- Give brew for 2-3 hours.
- Moonshine diluted to 40 degrees with water.
- Add the milk mixture in the alcohol preparation.
- Without stirring, let the liquid stand for 3 hours.
- Mix and put in a dark place for 7 days.
- Strain through cotton wool and gauze folded in several layers. Homemade drink is ready.
How to clean the moonshine from the smell?
Disposal of harmful impurities does not guarantee that the product will not have an unpleasant smell of smell. However, it can be eliminated. There are several proven methods for this:
- potassium permanganate (3 g of powder per 3 liters of moonshine, hold for 15 minutes on a steam bath, drain);
- soda (10 g of powder per 1 liter of drink, insist 12 hours, strain);
- violet root (100 g of crushed roots for 3 liters of alcohol, insist 12 days, strain);
- charcoal (chop the birch wood "BAU-A" or "BAU-LV", roll in several layers of gauze and let the moonshine flow through this filter);
- by freezing (in a metal container, when freezing, water with impurities giving a smell turns into ice, and the moonshine remains liquid);
- double distillation (having diluted the drink with water by 20%, divided into fractions).
Three instructions describing how to clean the moonshine with milk will help you choose the most convenient way to eliminate harmful impurities from homemade alcohol. However, we must not forget that the taste of the finished product depends on what it was made from. Only confidence in the quality of each component is a guarantee that the health of those who "use" will not suffer from such drinking.