In cooking, mussels deservedly belong to a very tasty, delicious and unusual dish. But to enjoy them, you need to learn how to clean them. Mussels are important to clean from garbage and sand, sorting, separate spoiled and discarded.
Useful properties of mussels
Mussel meat refers to high-quality proteins rich in phosphatides, which have a beneficial effect on the functioning of the liver. They contain polyunsaturated fatty acids, which provide brain function and visual acuity, many trace elements and vitamins.
In addition, mussels belong to the strongest antioxidants. The use of mussels regularly reduces the risk of cancer, arthritis and strengthens the immune system. Bivalve mussels are very nutritious. They help to improve the overall tone of the body, improve metabolism and blood formation, as well as possess a variety of healing properties and help fight excess weight.
- After careful selection, put the mussels in a saucepan with cold water for an hour. Add corn flour to the water. So you can clean the mussels from the sand, which did not have time to go out, stayed there before freezing.
- Set aside mussels with mustaches, then clean them. To do this, use your fingers or pliers to pull the antennae towards the base of the sink. Then they can be thrown away, since they are not needed. After that, clean the sink from the dirt and sand stuck to it. This will help you hard brush.
- When you have completely cleaned the clams, put them in hot water and cook until fully opened at high temperature. Add white wine or some fish broth to the water to cook the mussels better. Usually this process takes 10 minutes. At this time, gently shake the pot to mussels evenly warmed up. Those mussels that have opened, serve to the table, and those that did not open - throw away.
How to clean fresh mussels?
- You will need running, fresh and cold water, a towel, a dish brush, two bowls and, of course, the mussels themselves. Fresh mussels are very important to cook the same day they were purchased. If you don’t want to cook now, put them in a bowl, put a damp napkin on top and put them in the fridge. But the sooner you cook them, the tastier they will turn out.
- Before cooking, select and discard mussels with open flaps, chips and other damage. If the flaps are ajar slightly, then click on the mussel, live immediately closes, it is suitable for cooking. Take a deep bowl, pour cold water and put mussels there. This will allowfilter the sand.
- Equip a place to work near the sink, prepare a second bowl of water, a dish brush and a slotted spoon. After 20 minutes, take out the mussels one by one. Wrap a mussel in a towel and pull it away from the mussel. If you pull in, the mussel can be damaged. Use a brush to clean the shells from the debris. Processed mussels put in clean water.
- From long-term heat treatment, mussel meat does not become more tender. After 5 minutes the meat will be more fragrant, but after 20 minutes. - tougher.
- Try to buy mussels in the stores that monitor the quality of products, as mussels tend to pass through the surrounding water, and she, unfortunately, is not always very clean and free from harmful substances.
What are mussels made with?
- The easiest way to cook mussels is to roast them in a pan with water and a glass of white wine. But the liquid should not cover them completely, mussels should be steamed. After 5 minutes they will be ready, and those mussels that have not yet opened should be thrown away.
- If mussels are planned to be served in shells, there should be lemon slices and cups with clean water on the table, you can also prepare paper towels or wet wipes. Mussels, like other seafood, are served dry white wine or light beer.
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru- Yuliya