Coconut is a fat nut. But unlike most plants, the basis of its fat is saturated fatty acids (the same as in butter and meat).
For many years, doctors mistakenly thought that coconuts harm the condition of the blood vessels. But it is not. Coconut not only does not clog blood vessels with cholesterol, but on the contrary, successfully fights with this.
What is useful coconut?
- Coconut pulp is perfect for athletes looking vegetarian substitute for animal products. This is what concerns the unique fats for eating.
- Coconut oil is of great importance. cosmetic industry. Therefore, if you are not a lazy person, then even at home you can easily make very useful natural face masks from grated coconut at home. Read about the beneficial properties of coconut oil in the article Benefits of Coconut Oil.
- Coconut, like other nuts, contains a lot of calcium, but plus it alsoallows the body to absorb calcium from other foods. In most countries of the worldDentists are prescribed to add to the diet coconut to strengthen the teeth and bones.
- Coconut also contains magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, vitamins C and E. What is especially valuable,coconuts have high-quality fiber, which makes digesting coconuts very easy, unlike other nuts, digested with great difficulty.
- In order for the nut to taste better, you can safely eat it with a bar of chocolate or honey. Finely chopped coconut pulp can be stored in the freezer, after having been well sprinkled with coconut milk. Also, coconut pulp goes well with chicken and fish. Dried coconut chips can be used as a decoration for a variety of pastries.
Read more about coconut benefits. How good is coconut?
How to choose a coconut?
- When you come to the supermarket, try choose a nut larger, after all, you give money, after all, not for the weight of a coconut, but for the number of pieces.
- Try not to buy a spoiled coconut. Although coconuts can be stored for long enough, everything will ever come to the limit, and the nut can easily deteriorate. To understand that you have chosen a spoiled coconut is not difficult - instead of its snow-white flesh becomes brownish, or rather, on white separate dark rotting foci appear.
- To pick a fresh nut, shake it well. You must clearly hear the splashing inside the juice. It should seem a lot. If there is no sound of transfusion of juice - be sure, this is guaranteed spoiled coconut.
- Carefully inspect the base of the selected coconut, where you will find 3 little dark holes. They should be safe and sound and should in no way smell of rot. Be sure to check the coconut for cracks. They should not be at all.
How to split and break a coconut?
- Coconuts are not so small, their shells are very hard and durable. How to split a coconut, to enjoy its delicious juice, pulp and get heavenly pleasure from it?
- If you bought whole coconut in a supermarket, you can split it at home. A hacksaw is not needed for this, but you will need a screwdriver and a hammer.
- Wash the nut well. And then turn on your oven and wait until it warms up to 200 degrees. Carefully study your coconut - at the upper end of the nut you will, of course, find three points. Attach an ordinary screwdriver, a corkscrew or a knife for chopping ice to any of them, then try to force the hole in this place with your hands. Usually the point that is closer to the pole is the easiest to push.
- If in this way you did not succeed in pushing the hole, then put a screwdriver on it and gently tap on the top with a hammer, then Your coconut will accurately pierce. Pour a delicious coconut milk into a bowl through the hole that appeared in your bowl, or you can put a cocktail tube in there and drink right through it.
- Then, holding the coconut in your hand or putting it on any hard surface (it is useful to put a folded towel on the tabletop), knock on the nut with a hammer in the middle from all sides, all the while turning your nut until You will not split in half. Put coconut halves on the cooked baking tray in the oven about 15 minutes, it is possible and in the microwave, it will help you to facilitate further separation of tasty pulp from peel. We advise you to scrape the pulp with a spoon or remove it with any thick knife, cutting the coconut into the appropriate portions.
See also:What is useful coconut milk?
There is nothing difficult in splitting a coconut at home, if you know these little tricks.
Anyone can afford a coconut delicacy - not so hard and expensive. If you decide to surprise your guests with a tasty nut, then take care of cutting it in advance so as not to spoil the impression of an unusual dessert.