Many people nowadays prefer freshly squeezed juices, because they contain more good, and they do not contain any foreign substances. It is at this point that buyers face the question: how to choose a juicer? After all, I certainly want it to be of high quality and multifunctional and, of course, reliable.
How to choose a home juicer?
To resolve this issue, first of all, you need to decide which juices the buyer and his family prefer? After all, there are special devices for citrus, they have removable nozzles that are different in size for squeezing juice from fruits of different sizes. Even in them there is a certain device that acts as a filter, thanks to him the pulp will not fall into the juice. And if you remove this filter, you can make nectar or juice with pulp.
When choosing equipment for the home, you need to know that the power of citrus juicers is small, its maximum value is 80 watts, in principle, for an instrument of this type, it is the most suitable. For making juice in the morning, you will need to keep half of the fruit yourself, because the nozzles will move in different directions, this process will not take much time.
If you need a juicer for making juices from various fruits, then it is better to choose universal equipment, and before buying, you should read the instructions, it will describe what kind of fruits and vegetables in it are allowed to be processed into juice. If the list is not replete with diversity, the technique does not apply to the universal.
The power of the universal device should reach 800 watts, if the figure exceeds this maximum, then this is an advertising ploy. Also, this technique should have several speeds, because each type of fruit and vegetables needs its own spin speed. It also stands together with a juicer to buy a container for feeding fruit - it will help save time.
Attention should be paid to the material from which the equipment is made: the walls should be made of durable plastic, and the mesh of the stainless steel centrifuge, soft metals will last less time. By the way, the juicer of domestic producers can squeeze more juice than foreign. Moreover, our equipment is stronger, but its dimensions are larger, and it is not outwardly as beautiful as its foreign counterparts.
Which juice extractor is better - screw or centrifugal?
To find out which juice extractor is better, for example, you can bring auger and centrifugal, as well as compare their differences, options, and other technical features.
The first is to consider their differences. The screw model is similar in its work with a meat grinder, that is, first chops the fruit, and then squeezes the juice. A centrifugal separates the pulp from the juice using centrifugal force.
Pros of screw juicers:
- Juice does not oxidize due to the slow speed of work, because of this all useful substances are stored in the finished product;
- The resulting juice can be stored for 2 days, while it does not lose its beneficial properties;
- This technique has a wide neck, pieces of food will not scatter to the sides, and the technique will not begin to move around the table;
- The device can be operated for half an hour without stopping, and the mechanism will not be damaged;
- The presence of the self-cleaning function helps to clean the equipment in a few minutes;
- After operation, some waste remains;
- In it you can squeeze the juice from berries, herbs, seeds, as well as make nut and soy milk.
Disadvantages of auger juicers:
- Juice can be made with a high content of pulp and too concentrated, if you like juice without pulp, you will have to process it again;
- If you use too soft fruit, juice may be puree;
- For models with a narrow hole, the fruit will have to be crushed in advance;
- Tomato juice can be squeezed only in horizontal models, vertical ones cannot do this.
- The advantages of centrifugal juicers:
- This technique works very quickly;
- Relatively low price;
- Easy to use;
- Because of the wide neck, ingredients can be loaded very quickly.
Disadvantages of centrifugal juicers:
- The juice in the spinning process is heated, and this destroys its beneficial properties;
- The juice is in contact with the air, because of this, it turns out to be foamed at the outlet, moreover, it is oxidized during such contact;
- The resulting product can not be stored, after 20 minutes it becomes not tasty and not suitable for use;
- High consumption of raw materials: to obtain 1 tbsp. juice from apples, you will need 4-5 fruits, because the pulp remains on the walls of the equipment.
And yet: what kind of juicer to buy - centrifugal or auger? Both devices cope with hard fruits and vegetables, but the centrifugal juicer cannot cope with tomatoes.
If you need a juicer for ordinary products only, you should purchase inexpensive centrifugal equipment, and if you need juices from small berries or herbs, then a screw device will become a real helper. It will cost more, but it will save energy and the cost of the original product.
Choosing a juicer for apples
Natural juices cooked at home are much better than purchased ones: they are tastier and healthier. And if you are an apple juice lover, then you need to think about which juice extractor is best for squeezing juice from these fruits. Juicers are universal and for citrus. The first ones are capable of processing any fruits, and the universal apple technique will be more expensive than the one intended for citrus fruits.
By the way, the latter is easier to work with: you just need to cut the products and put them in a container. Also, this technique is smaller, and it is much easier to use, only their power is lower than that of the universal ones. And if you need a juicer that will be able to process a large number of apples, then you should choose a universal technique. Moreover, when choosing, the following parameters should be assessed: capacity of the bowl or container, availability of the function of the pulp amount regulator (it will allow to set the juice thickness independently), speed of rotation, power (the higher it is, the more products can be processed), the body material (the most durable devices made of metal and stainless steel.You also need to inspect the neck - small ones are not able to accommodate a large number of apples.Also, high-quality equipment should have the function of "foam separator", with its help juice to the floor GSI transparent and clean. Inspect the technique you need to carefully, so that it later benefited not broke after the first use.
Every home should have such a useful household appliance as a juicer. With it, you can easily prepare the juice from your favorite vegetables and fruits. It is much healthier and tastier than drinking ready-made drinks from the package.